US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

A forum for respectful discussion & exchange of views on news, current affairs & thought-provoking topics; please read and be aware of the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the News, Current Affairs & Debate subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions relating to news, current affairs, or philosophical & scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

  • Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

GTF's Presidential Approval: At this moment, do you approve of Donald Trump's job as President?

Yes
20
20%
No
81
80%
 
Total votes : 101

Re: US Politics 2017: Fire and Fury

Unread postby Togetik » 26th January, 2018, 2:01 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:HE TRIED TO FIRE MUELLER IN JUNE LAST YEAR


The fox news reaction was wonderful, in a morbid way
User avatar
Togetik
Member
 
Posts: 558
Likes received: 92
Joined: 5th February, 2016, 11:24 pm
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2017: Fire and Fury

Unread postby Dolly » 3rd February, 2018, 11:33 am

Suddenly nobody wants to talk about the House Intelligence Committee memo that proves the FBI was wrongfully wiretapping the Trump campaign, the DNC/Hillary Clinton funded the Fusion GPS dossier causing it, the Clinton campaign were the ones working with the Russians, the oppo-research against Trump was faked, the FBI knew it was heavily doctored but used the dossier to get wiretapping warrants anyway, the Department of Justice actively tried to hide this, and many of the “anonymous sources” were insiders lying about Trump.

This is BIG and now the lamestream media/fake news is trying to discredit it.

After all of the leaks in 2016 showing the DNC/Hillary Clinton were working with the fake news, lying to the American public, and are corrupt, what more do we need?

Image
User avatar
Dolly
hotty & country singer
 
Posts: 3478
Likes received: 744
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Tennesee
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Re: US Politics 2017: Fire and Fury

Unread postby swedeam » 3rd February, 2018, 12:38 pm

Dolly wrote:Suddenly nobody wants to talk about the House Intelligence Committee memo that proves the FBI was wrongfully wiretapping the Trump campaign, the DNC/Hillary Clinton funded the Fusion GPS dossier causing it, the Clinton campaign were the ones working with the Russians, the oppo-research against Trump was faked, the FBI knew it was heavily doctored but used the dossier to get wiretapping warrants anyway, the Department of Justice actively tried to hide this, and many of the “anonymous sources” were insiders lying about Trump.

This is BIG and now the lamestream media/fake news is trying to discredit it.

After all of the leaks in 2016 showing the DNC/Hillary Clinton were working with the fake news, lying to the American public, and are corrupt, what more do we need?



all we really need isv a 2018 thread.....
Criminaly insane.
User avatar
swedeam
Member
 
First name: eli
Posts: 98
Likes received: 6
Joined: 27th January, 2018, 2:08 pm
Location: bracknell
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2017: Fire and Fury

Unread postby Togetik » 4th February, 2018, 1:49 am

A little cute you've immediately jumped to a new conspiracy after the last one and never bothered to even acknowledge that one being debunked, but sure

Dolly wrote:Suddenly nobody wants to talk about the House Intelligence Committee memo that proves the FBI was wrongfully wiretapping the Trump campaign, the DNC/Hillary Clinton funded the Fusion GPS dossier causing it


Nothing in the memo says they were wrongfully wiretapping the Trump campaign, the memo says they had electronic surveillance placed on Carter Page, however it began after he'd left the trump campaign. Beyond even that, the memo reveals his surveillance was renewed by Trump's own Deputy Attorney General

We've known for a while now that the dossier didn't "cause" the investigation, and although it was part of it once it'd began, it doesn't seem to have played any significant role at all. The memo itself states that information about George Papadopoulos (the man who was charged for lying to the FBI and is now working with Mueller) was what started the investigation. To claim the dossier was the reason the investigation started would not only be an outright lie, but one disputed by the memo itself

Dolly wrote:, the Clinton campaign were the ones working with the Russians,

?? There's nothing even remotely like this in the memo

Dolly wrote:the oppo-research against Trump was faked, the FBI knew it was heavily doctored but used the dossier to get wiretapping warrants anyway, the Department of Justice actively tried to hide this, and many of the “anonymous sources” were insiders lying about Trump.


The memo, again, doesn't mention anything like this. Beyond the very obvious factual inaccuracy about the dossier being used to get warrants (rather than, you know, the actual thing that spring boarded the investigation) there's no mention of the DoJ "actively trying to hide it" (because it's not true) and the anonymous sources thing has to be a reference to the memo's claim that steele leaked his own dossier to news organisations but that still doesn't add up because what you're saying doesn't even make sense in that context?

Dolly wrote:This is BIG and now the lamestream media/fake news is trying to discredit it.

After all of the leaks in 2016 showing the DNC/Hillary Clinton were working with the fake news, lying to the American public, and are corrupt, what more do we need?


Personally, I need some fact checking on your part, since it's a thing you still haven't managed to get a handle on. Outright lying and regurgitating what you heard on fox news doesn't make for a fun read
User avatar
Togetik
Member
 
Posts: 558
Likes received: 92
Joined: 5th February, 2016, 11:24 pm
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2017: Fire and Fury

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 4th February, 2018, 5:40 am

remember that 2013 letter that Carter Page wrote where he claimed to be an agent of the Kremlin.

Pity, please, you're smarter than this.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby Jupiter » 5th February, 2018, 10:59 am

..
Jupiter
Member
 
Posts: 10221
Likes received: 748
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Solar System
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby Dolly » 5th February, 2018, 12:59 pm

uhh the clintons literally funded a fake dossier with fake information from Russians and the FBI used it to get FISA warrants and purposely hid the fact it was curated by the Hillary campaign; that's pretty scummy.
Image
User avatar
Dolly
hotty & country singer
 
Posts: 3478
Likes received: 744
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Tennesee
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby swedeam » 5th February, 2018, 1:09 pm


back up your argument
Criminaly insane.
User avatar
swedeam
Member
 
First name: eli
Posts: 98
Likes received: 6
Joined: 27th January, 2018, 2:08 pm
Location: bracknell
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 5th February, 2018, 2:52 pm

swedeam wrote:

back up your argument


#lookatme #imanintellectual #assertionsareforuntermensch #sorryicanthearyouoverthesoundofmyownsuperiority
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
User avatar
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada
 
First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Posts: 5556
Likes received: 719
Joined: 1st June, 2013, 1:19 pm
Location: A Berlin sex dungeon
Country: Spain (es)

Team: The Wild West

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby swedeam » 5th February, 2018, 3:02 pm

JonathanT88 wrote:
swedeam wrote:

back up your argument


#lookatme #imanintellectual #assertionsareforuntermensch #sorryicanthearyouoverthesoundofmyownsuperiority

all i want to know is why he thinks that. there's no need to be a bitch.
Criminaly insane.
User avatar
swedeam
Member
 
First name: eli
Posts: 98
Likes received: 6
Joined: 27th January, 2018, 2:08 pm
Location: bracknell
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby Jupiter » 5th February, 2018, 3:07 pm

swedeam wrote:
JonathanT88 wrote:
swedeam wrote:

back up your argument


#lookatme #imanintellectual #assertionsareforuntermensch #sorryicanthearyouoverthesoundofmyownsuperiority

all i want to know is why he thinks that. there's no need to be a bitch.


Because, you know, it is factually wrong? There is no argument or dispute. People were not on the streets in protest at the universal system "going broke and not working". They were out there in anger and protest that the "universal system" is not receiving the support & funding that is required.

It's literally Trump just making up fake news.
..
Jupiter
Member
 
Posts: 10221
Likes received: 748
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Solar System
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 5th February, 2018, 6:15 pm

Dolly wrote:uhh the clintons literally funded a fake dossier with fake information from Russians and the FBI used it to get FISA warrants and purposely hid the fact it was curated by the Hillary campaign; that's pretty scummy.

Firstly, Jeb Bush was funding it before the DNC was. Secondly, read the Fusion GPS transcript and get some idea why they handed it over to the FBI. Thirdly, the American intelligence community independently verified most of the information in the dossier. Fourth, to get a renewal of a FISA warrant you have to be able to prove that in the previous duration of the warrant you obtained the intel you were looking for and wish to continue to monitoring them. Carter Page hasn't been subtle about his relations with Moscow and the FBI got intel that TRUMP's OWN PICKS TO HEAD THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND FBI THOUGHT MERITED RENEWING THE FISA WARRANT AND A FISC JUDGE WAS CONVINCED THAT IT WAS LEGITIMATE ENOUGH AND SIGNED OFF ON IT!
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby swedeam » 5th February, 2018, 6:49 pm

TheBrunswickian wrote:
Dolly wrote:uhh the clintons literally funded a fake dossier with fake information from Russians and the FBI used it to get FISA warrants and purposely hid the fact it was curated by the Hillary campaign; that's pretty scummy.

Firstly, Jeb Bush was funding it before the DNC was. Secondly, read the Fusion GPS transcript and get some idea why they handed it over to the FBI. Thirdly, the American intelligence community independently verified most of the information in the dossier. Fourth, to get a renewal of a FISA warrant you have to be able to prove that in the previous duration of the warrant you obtained the intel you were looking for and wish to continue to monitoring them. Carter Page hasn't been subtle about his relations with Moscow and the FBI got intel that TRUMP's OWN PICKS TO HEAD THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND FBI THOUGHT MERITED RENEWING THE FISA WARRANT AND A FISC JUDGE WAS CONVINCED THAT IT WAS LEGITIMATE ENOUGH AND SIGNED OFF ON IT!

1.) this is unverified and The head of the PAC, Mike Murphy denies it.
2.)no American intelligence agency of any kind has verified any of the clames in the dossier.
put simply, it's a conspiracy theory.
Criminaly insane.
User avatar
swedeam
Member
 
First name: eli
Posts: 98
Likes received: 6
Joined: 27th January, 2018, 2:08 pm
Location: bracknell
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby Togetik » 5th February, 2018, 8:28 pm

swedeam wrote:1.) this is unverified and The head of the PAC, Mike Murphy denies it.
2.)no American intelligence agency of any kind has verified any of the clames in the dossier.
put simply, it's a conspiracy theory.


Sourcing wikipedia is bad form, but it's right there on the page.

Technically you're right that not all of the information in the dossier is verified, I mean certainty some of it resembles information that's been confirmed as fact, but with a few key details missing from the dossier's intel so obviously it's not all 100% sound- but it's been corroborated by other intelligence sources. Whether all the intelligence present is 100% right (it almost certainly isn't, that's not even really how intelligence reports are supposed to function) more sources beyond Steele are independently confirming that they have that same information
User avatar
Togetik
Member
 
Posts: 558
Likes received: 92
Joined: 5th February, 2016, 11:24 pm
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby swedeam » 5th February, 2018, 8:54 pm

Togetik wrote:
swedeam wrote:1.) this is unverified and The head of the PAC, Mike Murphy denies it.
2.)no American intelligence agency of any kind has verified any of the clames in the dossier.
put simply, it's a conspiracy theory.


Sourcing wikipedia is bad form, but it's right there on the page.

Technically you're right that not all of the information in the dossier is verified, I mean certainty some of it resembles information that's been confirmed as fact, but with a few key details missing from the dossier's intel so obviously it's not all 100% sound- but it's been corroborated by other intelligence sources. Whether all the intelligence present is 100% right (it almost certainly isn't, that's not even really how intelligence reports are supposed to function) more sources beyond Steele are independently confirming that they have that same information

you know it's funny i couldn't find any of those sources..
Criminaly insane.
User avatar
swedeam
Member
 
First name: eli
Posts: 98
Likes received: 6
Joined: 27th January, 2018, 2:08 pm
Location: bracknell
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 5th February, 2018, 11:33 pm

So when Nunes released the memo it was supposed to reveal what? How the FBI conspired to ensure that President Hillary Clinton was successful in her election and ensured that Trump News executive and former presidential candidate Donald Trump lost? Is that where we are now? Remember when Comey sent that letter to the Congressional Gang of Eight that he was reopening the email probe and Devin fucking Nunes made it public and killed Clinton's momentum? It is veritably true that the actions of the FBI impacted the campaign in favour of Trump.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby swedeam » 5th February, 2018, 11:40 pm

TheBrunswickian wrote:So when Nunes released the memo it was supposed to reveal what? How the FBI conspired to ensure that President Hillary Clinton was successful in her election and ensured that Trump News executive and former presidential candidate Donald Trump lost? Is that where we are now? Remember when Comey sent that letter to the Congressional Gang of Eight that he was reopening the email probe and Devin fucking Nunes made it public and killed Clinton's momentum? It is veritably true that the actions of the FBI impacted the campaign in favour of Trump.

you sound like the left's answer to Alex Jones.
Criminaly insane.
User avatar
swedeam
Member
 
First name: eli
Posts: 98
Likes received: 6
Joined: 27th January, 2018, 2:08 pm
Location: bracknell
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 5th February, 2018, 11:43 pm

swedeam wrote:
TheBrunswickian wrote:So when Nunes released the memo it was supposed to reveal what? How the FBI conspired to ensure that President Hillary Clinton was successful in her election and ensured that Trump News executive and former presidential candidate Donald Trump lost? Is that where we are now? Remember when Comey sent that letter to the Congressional Gang of Eight that he was reopening the email probe and Devin fucking Nunes made it public and killed Clinton's momentum? It is veritably true that the actions of the FBI impacted the campaign in favour of Trump.

you sound like the left's answer to Alex Jones.

explain to me where i said something that was no either hyperbole and obviously not what i think, and explain to me where i said something that is not consistent with the facts.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby Togetik » 5th February, 2018, 11:46 pm

swedeam wrote:you know it's funny i couldn't find any of those sources..


Uh... probably because you're not part of the intelligence community? Unless you've got spies on your payroll, i guess? Did you actually read the thing i linked you to, that specifically had statements from multiple members of the us intelligence community (from multiple departments) saying they'd independently confirmed that other sources corroborated steele's claims?

As it stands you're just saying things that are confirmed, outright facts.... aren't true? With no sources of your own, and nothing to back up your own denial of them
User avatar
Togetik
Member
 
Posts: 558
Likes received: 92
Joined: 5th February, 2016, 11:24 pm
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby swedeam » 6th February, 2018, 11:06 am

Togetik wrote:
swedeam wrote:you know it's funny i couldn't find any of those sources..


Uh... probably because you're not part of the intelligence community? Unless you've got spies on your payroll, i guess? Did you actually read the thing i linked you to, that specifically had statements from multiple members of the us intelligence community (from multiple departments) saying they'd independently confirmed that other sources corroborated steele's claims?

As it stands you're just saying things that are confirmed, outright facts.... aren't true? With no sources of your own, and nothing to back up your own denial of them

i did in fact, and do you know what i found? two EX lawyers for the nsa & cia, CNN(who never cite there sources and have been proven wrong countless times) a bbc reporter(the bbc is basically the British CNN), two liberal commentators, and a democratic member of senate, what do thay all have in common? thay all have no bias at all about trump and definitely don't want him of office.

i'm sorry, but until i see a tape's worth of evidence, it all seems both too good & too wired to be true to me.
Criminaly insane.
User avatar
swedeam
Member
 
First name: eli
Posts: 98
Likes received: 6
Joined: 27th January, 2018, 2:08 pm
Location: bracknell
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google AppEngine, Linkdex [Bot] and 30 guests