US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

A forum for respectful discussion & exchange of views on news, current affairs & thought-provoking topics; please read and be aware of the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the News, Current Affairs & Debate subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions relating to news, current affairs, or philosophical & scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

• Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

GTF's Presidential Approval: At this moment, do you approve of Donald Trump's job as President?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 101

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 6th February, 2018, 5:57 pm

are we just going to ignore the fact that Nunes didn't even read the FISA applications. Seems like the biggest discrediting factor of this bullshit story to me.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 439

Team: The Far East

Unread postby swedeam » 6th February, 2018, 7:12 pm

TheBrunswickian wrote:are we just going to ignore the fact that Nunes didn't even read the FISA applications. Seems like the biggest discrediting factor of this bullshit story to me.

as i said before, the left's answer to Alex Jones, clinging from conspiracy to conspiracy, also, what bs story?
Criminaly insane.
swedeam

First name: eli
Likes received: 6

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 6th February, 2018, 7:45 pm

swedeam wrote:
TheBrunswickian wrote:are we just going to ignore the fact that Nunes didn't even read the FISA applications. Seems like the biggest discrediting factor of this bullshit story to me.

as i said before, the left's answer to Alex Jones, clinging from conspiracy to conspiracy, also, what bs story?

he told fox news he hasn't read the FISA warrant; here is him saying it: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/37211 ... -that-form

he wrote a whole memo about how the FISA warrant shouldn't be valid because it was based on information on the dossier in part funded by the DNC and handed to the FBI and yet he hasn't actually read the information in the FISA warrant he's attempting to discredit here. this isn't exactly a hard connection to make, use your brain kid

TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020

Unread postby Dolly » 6th February, 2018, 8:48 pm

House Intelligence Committee; Nunes is just one player
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 744

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 6th February, 2018, 11:46 pm

Dolly wrote:House Intelligence Committee; Nunes is just one player

He's chair of the committee, he wrote the memo. He should at least know what the fuck he's writing about

TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020

Unread postby Togetik » 7th February, 2018, 2:16 am

swedeam wrote:i did in fact, and do you know what i found? two EX lawyers for the nsa & cia, CNN(who never cite there sources and have been proven wrong countless times) a bbc reporter(the bbc is basically the British CNN), two liberal commentators, and a democratic member of senate, what do thay all have in common? thay all have no bias at all about trump and definitely don't want him of office.

i'm sorry, but until i see a tape's worth of evidence, it all seems both too good & too wired to be true to me.

No, those aren't the sources, those are the people who conveyed that their own sources within the intelligence community had shared this information with them (except for the people who aren't journalists and are actually members of said community)

You evidently didn't read the "Carter Page's testimony appeared to corroborate part of the dossier" thing either though?

I don't even really get what position you're arguing from, considering all the actually verified russian meetings/connections/requests for aid and information from russian contacts/lies to the gbi about said things- calling the dossier, a relatively minor document in the scope of the investigation, a "conspiracy theory" is wilfully ignorant at best, and an outright attempt to shed baseless suspicion on the rest of the investigation at worst
Togetik

Likes received: 92

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 7th February, 2018, 7:21 pm

TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020

Unread postby Sig » 9th February, 2018, 11:32 am

Putin could penetrate my system any day. ;)

OH AND GOVT GOT SHUT DOWN.................oh wait nevermind it's back false alarm they got Rand to shut up.
Sig
Sig4ourEcEenTriK

First name: Sigurd :P
Likes received: 6

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 9th February, 2018, 5:52 pm

tmw the government shuts down at midnight but reopens before morning. the government did shut down it went to sleep

TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020

Unread postby Togetik » 10th February, 2018, 1:14 am

Trump has blocked the release of the Democrat's response memo, despite the fbi/justice department's issues with it being the exact same as the ones they had with the nunes memo. I guess transparency doesn't mean anything if you can't lie about what's being released
Togetik

Likes received: 92

Unread postby Dolly » 22nd February, 2018, 11:44 am

Dolly
hotty & country singer

Unread postby Dolly » 22nd February, 2018, 2:43 pm

Trump is now posing gun control ideas including:
1. Bolstering the background check system so that criminal records are reported better
2. Banning bump stocks, which effectively turn semi-automatic weapons into automatic ones.
3. Raising the minimum age to buy rifles and shotguns from 18 to 21.

He has voiced support for arming the best 20% of teachers with firearms, which isn't a popular idea and one that would only be effective with the necessary training, checks, and funding.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Unread postby Lochlan » 22nd February, 2018, 4:14 pm

Dolly wrote:Trump is now posing gun control ideas including:
1. Bolstering the background check system so that criminal records are reported better
2. Banning bump stocks, which effectively turn semi-automatic weapons into automatic ones.
3. Raising the minimum age to buy rifles and shotguns from 18 to 21.

He has voiced support for arming the best 20% of teachers with firearms, which isn't a popular idea and one that would only be effective with the necessary training, checks, and funding.

The first 3 points are a definitive step forward, however arming teachers doesn't seem like an ideal option. I suppose it's better than him doing nothing, and honestly I'm interested to see how it works in execution. It could go well
Chaos is great! Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, darling.
Lochlan
Cat Dad

First name: Lochlan
Likes received: 70

Previous

Recently active