US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

A forum for respectful discussion & exchange of views on news, current affairs & thought-provoking topics; please read and be aware of the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the News, Current Affairs & Debate subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions relating to news, current affairs, or philosophical & scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

• Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

GTF's Presidential Approval: At this moment, do you approve of Donald Trump's job as President?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 110

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby Dolly » 27th February, 2018, 2:56 pm

that’s like me saying apple season is a subset of strawberry season because both have seeds
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 845

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
0 / 28

Unread postby Togetik » 27th February, 2018, 5:51 pm

Dolly wrote:that’s like me saying apple season is a subset of strawberry season because both have seeds

I don't really even get this analogy because it doesn't align with the situation enough to make sense of

It's more like saying that discrimination against men wearing blue shirts is sex based discrimination because it relies on sex as an inherent factor.
Togetik

Likes received: 95

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 1st March, 2018, 12:24 am

the best people
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 578

:
Tier V
Progress to next tier:
2 / 56

Unread postby Togetik » 2nd March, 2018, 7:51 pm

It seems awfully suspicious that someone close to Trump sold a ton of steel company shares right before Trump announced his steel tariffs.

Corruption? In this administration? Absolutely shocking
Togetik

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 3rd March, 2018, 12:17 am

Togetik wrote:It seems awfully suspicious that someone close to Trump sold a ton of steel company shares right before Trump announced his steel tariffs.

Corruption? In this administration? Absolutely shocking

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier V
Progress to next tier:
2 / 56

Unread postby Dolly » 6th March, 2018, 2:00 am

pretty good video about the current gun debate situation:
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
0 / 28

Unread postby Togetik » 6th March, 2018, 3:08 am

Dolly wrote:pretty good video about the current gun debate situation:

I think you posted the wrong video, it seems like you meant to post this one
Togetik

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 6th March, 2018, 8:57 am

Jacketh

Likes received: 903

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 6th March, 2018, 6:07 pm

Gary Cohn resigned.

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier V
Progress to next tier:
2 / 56

Unread postby Dessy » 6th March, 2018, 10:47 pm

Pence still here?

ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes

First name: Des
Likes received: 357

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 29th March, 2018, 7:09 pm

"EVERYONE WANTS TO WORK FOR ME"

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier V
Progress to next tier:
2 / 56

Unread postby Dolly » 31st March, 2018, 9:24 pm

im so fucking tired of David Hogg and these other virtue signaling children bullying and harassing anyone who disagrees with them. Laura Ingraham, a Fox News host, said David has been whining about being rejected from universities and called upon his followers to attack her show's advertisers until they pulled their money.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consum ... gg-n861371
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/cnn-an ... -want-you/

all David Hogg does all day is cuss at politicians, calls anyone who accepts donations from NRA members child murderers, and exploits his newfound fame to promote protein bars.

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status ... 60?lang=en

i'm so frustrated and pissed off that all these fake news media companies give David Hogg and his insane cohort of bratty followers the light of day. it's shameful that the fake news media encourages his bratty behavior.

David's platform is built entirely on using ad hominems, acting foolish, pretending to be an intellectual, acting like a spoiled brat because his grades are too bad to get into college. He never actually says anything worth listening to. He doesn't propose any ideas for legislation. He has never once had an honest conversation with a politician. He and his followers don't know a damn thing about firearms and current gun laws. the worst part is all these retarded companies and fake news media companies pretending to be progressive when they continue to spread lies and throw all standards of integrity out the window.

i wouldn't be surprised if the likes of harvard and yale offer admission while they spit in the faces of poor kids who can't afford to buy their way into ivy league schools.

also, on another note, im also fucking exhausted seeing everyone defending everything he says and attack his challengers by calling him a "survivor". like yeah it sucks he was there, but if that's how we're giving merit to people nowadays, we can say goodbye to 21st century standards. why does merely attending an event make you somehow more credible to talk about gun laws than gun enthusiasts who've spent their lives researching and following firearm trends? why does just being at a school at a bad time make you invincible to any critique? Are we now going to say anyone who's witnessed a car crash is an expert on traffic safety laws?

stop this insanity!!!! why are """woke""" Gen Z idiots and these fake news psychopaths so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant over
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
0 / 28

Unread postby Adyuto » 8th April, 2018, 9:51 pm

I am just going to say this. I know it may disappoint many of you, but Kamala Harris is very likely not going to be the next - and first female, first Asian-American, Caribbean-American, and second African-American - President of the United States.
Adyuto
Mafia A Rank

Likes received: 50

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby Jacketh » 8th April, 2018, 9:52 pm

Adyuto wrote:I am just going to say this. I know it may disappoint many of you, but Kamala Harris is very likely not going to be the next - and first female, first Asian-American, Caribbean-American, and second African-American - President of the United States.

I hope so!
Jacketh

Likes received: 903

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 8th April, 2018, 9:54 pm

Jacketh wrote:
Adyuto wrote:I am just going to say this. I know it may disappoint many of you, but Kamala Harris is very likely not going to be the next - and first female, first Asian-American, Caribbean-American, and second African-American - President of the United States.

I hope so!

I love her so much

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier V
Progress to next tier:
2 / 56

Unread postby Adyuto » 8th April, 2018, 10:13 pm

I think that if she won, there would be a vocal group of black women who would not have wanted her to do so. They would feel uncomfortable with her relationship with Willie Brown - even though him and his wife were/are separated - given that they value loyalty in relationships. I'm waiting to see how her relationship with Brown will be used against her in a campaign, but I think that could potentially be one of biggest liabilities.
Adyuto
Mafia A Rank

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 9th April, 2018, 7:33 am

Adyuto wrote:I think that if she won, there would be a vocal group of black women who would not have wanted her to do so. They would feel uncomfortable with her relationship with Willie Brown - even though him and his wife were/are separated - given that they value loyalty in relationships. I'm waiting to see how her relationship with Brown will be used against her in a campaign, but I think that could potentially be one of biggest liabilities.

So her biggest weakness is what? A personal relationship from the 90s? Shit if that's her biggest liability then she's set

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier V
Progress to next tier:
2 / 56

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 9th April, 2018, 7:36 am

While we're here though, I am so here for Cynthia Nixon and seriously hopes she beats Andrew Cuomo in the primary in September. And if not, I hope she does enough damage to him that his presidential ambitions are quashed

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier V
Progress to next tier:
2 / 56

Unread postby swedeam » 10th April, 2018, 9:11 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:While we're here though, I am so here for Cynthia Nixon and seriously hopes she beats Andrew Cuomo in the primary in September. And if not, I hope she does enough damage to him that his presidential ambitions are quashed
well that should be straightforward from here....
Criminaly insane.
swedeam

First name: eli
Likes received: 10

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Adyuto » 26th April, 2018, 7:06 pm

TheBrunswickian wrote:
Adyuto wrote:I think that if she won, there would be a vocal group of black women who would not have wanted her to do so. They would feel uncomfortable with her relationship with Willie Brown - even though him and his wife were/are separated - given that they value loyalty in relationships. I'm waiting to see how her relationship with Brown will be used against her in a campaign, but I think that could potentially be one of biggest liabilities.

So her biggest weakness is what? A personal relationship from the 90s? Shit if that's her biggest liability then she's set

Tell me your opinion on Holder as a 'expressed interest' potential candidate and Booker as a speculative candidate.
Adyuto
Mafia A Rank

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Mafia A Rank

PreviousNext

Recently active