#BlackLivesMatter (BLM) Discussion | 13th

A forum for the respectful exchange of views on thought-provoking topics, whether sexuality-related or otherwise; please read the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the Intellectual Discussion subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions, such as philosophical or scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

• Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

Re: #BlackLivesMatter (BLM) Discussion | 13th

Unread postby Pity » 5th January, 2017, 9:45 pm

Last edited by Pity on 8th June, 2017, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 485

Unread postby KrisCross » 5th January, 2017, 10:22 pm

I saw it on the news earlier, it's indeed sickening and disgusting.

But Pity, please don't let the actions of four fucked up individuals fuel your aversion towards the entire movement. Sadly, there are horrible people on both sides. I don't believe this is what BLM supporters want to inspire.
KrisCross
Senior Moderator

Likes received: 228

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 5th January, 2017, 10:26 pm

Surely that's just thuggery under the pretence of activism, rather than a movement inspiring the actions of its followers, just as sport is a common front for gang violence.

I've also just seen this on Facebook. Justice will be served for these four criminals and thus social condemnation is unnecessary because we're only corroborating a correct legal judgement; what matters is where the law prosecutes people unfairly, and where justice has not been served.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Facebook post
Shaun King wrote:In Chicago, at least four young black men and women did something truly awful. On a damn Facebook Live video made public Wednesday, they allegedly kidnapped a mentally challenged white man, beat him, humiliated him, cut his hair, and yelled “f--k Donald Trump” and “f--k white people” while filming it for the world to see.

I just arrived back in America this morning after a week away and just watched the video moments ago. It’s awful. I have deep empathy for the victim. Twenty years ago, a racist mob of young white men beat me so badly that I missed 18 months of high school recovering from three spinal surgeries and fractures to my face and ribs.

I hate violence. Nearly a 100 people are killed with guns per day in this country. Every 98 seconds someone is sexually assaulted in this country. Hate crimes are on the rise from coast to coast. Our incoming President of the United States admitted that he sexually assaults women. Women all over the country came forward to allegedly confirm it. His first wife, in a sworn deposition, said that he raped and brutally assaulted her. Ivana Trump later said she didn’t want the allegation to be considered in a literal or criminal sense.

This country is sick.

However, I see thousands of white folk online asking me why I’m not speaking out about it.

Beyond the fact that I literally just got back in the country a few hours ago with my wife and five kids, my answer is simple. As soon as I clicked on the first official story about the incident, I saw that four people had already been arrested for it. If more people were involved, whether it was two more black folk or 20, guess what, they’ll be charged and arrested, and convicted, and sentenced, and jailed for it as well. We will see their mugshots and videos of them walking into court with jail clothes any minute now. That’s how justice works in America.

This country does not need me to speak out on crimes committed by black folk because nobody in this country is held more responsible for the crimes they commit, and even the crimes they don’t commit, than black folk in America. Right now, young black men in America are incarcerated at a rate higher than South Africans were at the height of Apartheid.

I speak out on injustice. What happened to this man in Chicago was terrible. It was criminal. I hate it, but guess what — justice was swift. It was miraculously swift.

Justice is always swift and easy when black folk mess up, but you know who’s not in jail right now? George Zimmerman.

You know who’s not in jail right now? The officers who fired 41 shots at and killed Amadou Diallo on the doorstep of his Bronx home.

You know who’s not in jail right now? The officers who killed Eric Garner and Rekia Boyd.

You know who’s not in jail? The men who murdered Emmett Till.

Neither are the two white men who recently lured a mentally challenged black student into a locker room and rammed a hanger up his rectum.

We march for them. We protest for them. I write about them and Facebook and tweet about them — because justice has not been served in those cases. It almost never is.

Just Tuesday, a video surfaced of a police officer in a North Carolina high school slamming a petite 15-year-old black girl so hard on her head that he gave her a concussion.

Do you think he’s in jail? Nah. He’s on paid leave.

That’s always the story. These are the people and families I spend my limited time advocating for.

So no, I won’t be writing angry tweets about what these folk did in Chicago. They are already in jail. They will be punished, I am sure, to the fullest extent of the law, but I’ve written about case after case after case of drug offenses and incidents of sexual assault and even murders committed by white folk where the system gave them a helping hand. The Stanford swimmer, Brock Turner, who was caught in the act of raping a woman, but spent a summer in jail for it instead of the 10 to 20 years he deserved, comes to mind.

Black folk and white folk both use and sell drugs at almost identical rates, with the rates for whites actually being slightly higher in both categories, but African-Americans are sent to prison at four to 10 times the rates of whites for various drug offenses.

Black folk are held super-responsible for every mistake and criminal offense made. We rarely have to march for justice in our communities. American prisons are full of black folk who are being held responsible for every mistake they’ve ever made.

I have a childhood friend in prison right now, a good man, doing 10 hard years in prison for selling weed. He was a full time barber, a father, who sold weed on the side, but the system had no mercy on him whatsoever.

Now I actually see thousands of other whites saying I caused this assault. Of course I reject that foolishness altogether. What’s most disturbing is that I hardly see many whites who are particularly angry about the crime speaking sympathetically about the victim. They are mainly using it to advance their racist agenda and demonize random black folk who had nothing to do with such a thing. Furthermore, I have routinely seen tens of thousands of African-Americans standing up and fighting and protesting for white victims of police brutality and toxic masculinity. The Alt-Right Movement does not care about violence in this country. Thousands of whites murder people every year, but you’d be hard pressed to find a protest or march headed by their movement on white on white crime.

As I type, the top trending topic in the country is now #BLMKidnapping. BLM stands for Black Lives Matter. The people in the video never even suggested such a thing. The Black Lives Matter Movement has never advocated such a thing. I have never advocated such a thing.

Chicago officials said Thursday that the victim was attacked because of his mental disability, not because he’s white.

What we are witnessing here is that fact that when particular African-Americans commit a crime, many whites use the crime to cast dispersions and stereotype all black folk. It’s a ridiculous double standard rooted in racism and oppression.

Human beings do ugly stuff. I see it all over the world. Sometimes we learn what motivates people to be vicious, sometimes we don’t. I can think of a lot of people throughout history who this ugly crime in Chicago could be inspired by, but it damn sure isn’t me or the Black Lives Matter Movement.

I have never once heard one person in this movement mock the disabled. You know who I did see and hear mocking the disabled? Donald Trump. You know I did hear openly advocating violence from the microphone at his rallies last year? Donald Trump. He has drastically lowered the standard of decency for this country to a level that I have never seen before.

I’ll close with this final thought.

Yes, Dr. King’s words are true — “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere,” but what we have right now is a system that clearly applies justice differently depending on three factors: the color of your skin, your zip code, and your bank account. I am glad the people who assaulted this young man were swiftly arrested. That’s how justice should work for all of us. But you and I both know that swift justice in this country primarily happens when black folk commit crimes.

This young man doesn’t need hashtags blaming me or a movement, he needs compassion and counseling. He also doesn’t need me advocating for justice. It will soon drop like Thor’s hammer without my help.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2935825
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 393

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 5th January, 2017, 10:31 pm

Once again there is nothing in movement that promotes violence or hatred towards white people, the crime committed is heinous and absolutely inexcusable. If you can provide evidence of how the movement has directly or even indirectly influenced this attack it would be much appreciated, because the BLM I know preaches awareness of discrimination and fights for justice and equality.
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 648

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 5th January, 2017, 10:39 pm

Pity: you identify as a white nationalist but not with any one of the white nationalist groups who have abused, beaten and lynched black people. How is this situation any different? How can you condemn their movement based on the actions of a minority when self-identified members of yours have done just as much, if not more?
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88

Unread postby Togetik » 6th January, 2017, 2:56 am

God I KNEW one of the racist fuckholes of GTF would be here peddling that narrative about the motives of those abhorrent people who tortured that disabled man, and considering Strider seems to spend more time on stormfront than here it was almost guaranteed to be Pity
Togetik

Likes received: 81

Unread postby Lightbringer » 6th January, 2017, 4:43 am

Pity wrote:Want to know why people dislike Black Lives Matter?

Their narrative influenced four black individuals to kidnap, torture, and hold a mentally handicapped teenager for being white and an alleged Trump supported. They hog tied him, punched him, scalped him, forced him to drink toilet water, slashed his clothes, flicked cigarette ashes on him, and traumatized him as he cried and pleaded to be released, all on live video. During, they repeatedly shouted "Fuck white people!" and "Fuck Donald Trump!" and later forced to him talk about his love for black people.

The BLM movement perpetuates racism and idiocy in the black community, feeding the idea that white people are racist and hateful while calling for the deaths of police.

A very close relative of mine has cerebral palsy and is completely mentally and physically handicapped. The thought of him or her being tortured, kidnapped, and harassed for being white makes me cry.

Good thing they were charged with hate crimes while media pundits defend their actions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_P4L8MlnwU
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/us/chicag ... e-beating/

There is literally no news anchor without this on its front page. If you mean to say this didn't get enough attention because the victim was white, you couldn't be more wrong.

Lets for a moment say those four are actually part of BLM. Even if this is true, all parties, including the far right, have their good people, racists, and all other sorts in in-between. And trust me, if someone wanted to attack far right based on the racists on the board, they would have material until the end of time.
Lightbringer

First name: Lucas
Likes received: 19

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 6th January, 2017, 4:47 am

Pity wrote:Want to know why people dislike Black Lives Matter?

Their narrative influenced four black individuals to kidnap, torture, and hold a mentally handicapped teenager for being white and an alleged Trump supported. They hog tied him, punched him, scalped him, forced him to drink toilet water, slashed his clothes, flicked cigarette ashes on him, and traumatized him as he cried and pleaded to be released, all on live video. During, they repeatedly shouted "Fuck white people!" and "Fuck Donald Trump!" and later forced to him talk about his love for black people.

The BLM movement perpetuates racism and idiocy in the black community, feeding the idea that white people are racist and hateful while calling for the deaths of police.

A very close relative of mine has cerebral palsy and is completely mentally and physically handicapped. The thought of him or her being tortured, kidnapped, and harassed for being white makes me cry.

Good thing they were charged with hate crimes while media pundits defend their actions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_P4L8MlnwU
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/us/chicag ... e-beating/

God imagine if people summed up an entire group of people based on the actions of a few, highly notarised and vocal people who don't represent the broad majority of that group? Wouldn't that be so awful. It would just be wrong. I mean, imagine if I called every single person who ticked the box next to Donald Trump on their ballot paper a racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Nazi, KKK supporting deplorable. Could you even imagine?
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 344

Unread postby Hohenidoom » 6th January, 2017, 5:54 am

I think the personal attacks on this thread are pretty bad, to be honest.
Fear God and Dread nought
Hohenidoom
dodgy 90s dance guy

Likes received: 49

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 6th January, 2017, 6:29 am

Hohenidoom wrote:I think the personal attacks on this thread are pretty bad, to be honest.

I see only one, and they've been warned.
Gudrun wrote:

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88

Unread postby Pity » 6th January, 2017, 8:16 am

Last edited by Pity on 8th June, 2017, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 6th January, 2017, 8:52 am

Pity wrote:If it had been a special needs black teenager being tortured by four rednecks shouting "fuck black people" and "fuck Hillary Clinton," riots would be in the streets and businesses would be burned.

Of course, I absolutely know BLM did not do this directly, but is it not apparent when they shout "FUCK WHITE PEOPLE" when you see the same behavior at so many other BLM rallies? BLM perpetuates the idea that white people, especially police, are attacking black people while ignoring black-on-black crime or black-on-white crime and creates this narrative that white people are bad.

@Jon, I'm not a white supremacist. Plus, my guess (do not quote me) that the numbers of these hate crimes from white nationalists as a whole are minuscule compared to theirs.

Again, I know BLM isn't inherently violent, but their narrative is creating violence.

Which BLM rally do they shout 'Fuck white people' at? Yes the movement recognizes that white law enforcement kills black people at a disproportional rate because it is true not narrative. It does not ignore black-on-black crime or black-on-white crime if you actually researched into the movement you would find this out.

The argument that black-on-black crime exists so lets ignore the constant discrimination and persecution of black people is pathetic. Yes black-on-black crime exists and it is bad, all crime is bad in fact but this crime isn't supported and allowed by the system.
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

Unread postby Pity » 6th January, 2017, 2:42 pm

Pity
hotty & disgraced member

Unread postby Lightbringer » 6th January, 2017, 3:16 pm

Pity, I suggest you watch this video.

Lightbringer

First name: Lucas
Likes received: 19

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 6th January, 2017, 3:25 pm

Pity wrote:Liberals have spent a year claiming Trump's rehetoric is causing violence, but you're racist if you say the same about BLM.

Might be something to do with him literally asking for Hillary supporters to be attacked at his rallies :dunno:
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 6th January, 2017, 5:22 pm

Just finished watching media coverage of the recent Fort Lauderdale Airport shooting and its crazy to see the difference in reporting when it's not a black or Arabic offender. Firstly it was just called a shooting or attack and not a terrorist act, then they were very quick to assume the offender is mentally ill despite no medical records to prove this, the police were able to capture him without fearing for their life and shooting him despite the fact he was armed and had just killed 5 people, the news reporter emphasised he had no major arrests on his record implying that he has some minor that they don't care to disclose. This is a stark difference in the representation and treatment black offenders typically get from the media
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

Unread postby Pity » 6th January, 2017, 8:23 pm

Pity
hotty & disgraced member

Unread postby Dessy » 6th January, 2017, 9:46 pm

Yall let Pity hijack my thread with his bullshit on the "BLM Kidnapping" spurred on by racists who don't actually care for the victim?

Anyway it's nice to see a crime like this actually get punished after seeing a similar crime against disabled/mentally ill with the races reversed and all they got was community service.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby Dessy » 6th January, 2017, 10:03 pm

Pity wrote:If it had been a special needs black teenager being tortured by four rednecks shouting "fuck black people" and "fuck Hillary Clinton," riots would be in the streets and businesses would be burned.

Why is it always the conclusion that there would be riots if said victim wasn't white and the criminals weren't people of color? We literally didn't do any rioting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 757cf326d9

When a teammate held out his arms after football practice in their high school locker room, the student thought he was about to get a hug.

Instead, he was viciously assaulted, authorities say.

As the teammate restrained the victim, another football player allegedly thrust a coat hanger into the victim’s rectum, according to a criminal complaint. Then a third teammate kicked the coat hanger several times.

The Oct. 23, 2015, incident has rocked the tiny town of Dietrich, Idaho. This spring, after several months of investigation, the state attorney general’s office filed sexual assault charges against the three. Two of the teenagers are being charged as adults and could face life in prison, under Idaho law.
---
The victim “was taunted and called racist names by other members of the team which names included ‘Kool-Aid’ ‘chicken eater’ ‘watermelon’ and [the N-word],” the suit alleges.

The civil complaint filed in the U.S. District Court in Idaho also claims that one of the students charged with sexual assault displayed a Confederate flag and demanded the victim recite a racist song titled “Notorious KKK.”

All three of the attackers were white, the suit says.

And what happened to them?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/foo ... 586484dd02

Howard will serve two to three years of probation as part of the agreement. He will not have to register as a sex offender and can have his conviction dismissed upon successful completion of the terms of his probation. A judge is expected to accept the agreement when he sentences Howard on Feb. 24.

During Friday’s court proceeding, Hemmer reportedly called Howard’s behavior “egregious” and acknowledged it caused the victim “a lot of suffering,” but said it did not amount to a sex crime.

“We don’t believe it’s appropriate for Mr. Howard to suffer the consequences of a sex offender,” Hemmer said in court.

Around neither of these dates did we rioted for this incident. And that's far from the only incident involving a black disabled person. Yall need to stop pretending that we're going to be somehow massively shocked into riots by any single racist incident.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

Unread postby Dessy » 6th January, 2017, 10:11 pm

Anyway that's all I'll say on this incident. The criminals are being rightfully punished. More should be done to challenge ableism (note: some who pushed "BLMkidnapping" were sprouting out ableist comments). It's accurately (and swiftly...) labeled as a hate crime. Even federal politicians took notes of this incident.

Hell this seems hella efficient.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

PreviousNext

Recently active