HOUSE CUP 2017 WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

HOUSE CUP 2017 WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 29th August, 2017, 7:47 pm

HOUSE CUP 2017

After a long and challenging 9 weeks I can now announce the winner of the 2017 Animation Domination House Cup is....

[Reveal] Spoiler:
:eli:
:eli: :eli: :eli:
Stay perched its coming soon!
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 648

Re: HOUSE CUP 2017 WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 29th August, 2017, 7:56 pm

HOUSE CUP 2017

Congratulations to the 2017 Animation Domination House Cup Winner!

1st

Team How To Twink Your Dragon (Twink)- 4XXX Points TBA

2nd

Team Lion King - 3XXX Points TBA

3rd

Team Spirited Away - 3XXX Points

Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

Unread postby Pity » 29th August, 2017, 8:03 pm

Woohoo! Thanks everyone, especially my team members for competing. It was a pleasure to serve as Vice Captain, even if it was not for the entire House Cup; I hope I did a great job. :heart:
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 485

Re: HOUSE CUP 2017 WINNERS TEAM TWINK!

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 29th August, 2017, 8:30 pm

I made a long as fuck post reviewing the entire cup, saying how amazing you all were and how proud I am but I accidentally closed the tab =( I'll do a very condensed version of it rn. But yeah basically this was never about winning or losing it's about the friendships you make in your team (as cheesy as that shit sounds) and I think it was successful in that regard.
Some notable examples of this are

Abdeltyf & Ben: They slotted right into their teams and instantly became friends with both each other and everyone else
Miguel: It was crazy to see how much you developed throughout the cup, you went from this awkward, shy kid to taking over as vice captain and wearing drag in lip syncs <3
Finch, Kammy and Kaspar & Sam: Although it wasn't in a team chat, these four really got to know each other :hug:
HTTYD voice chat squad: Twink team really took advantage of the voice chat feature on Discord and it allowed them to bond in a unique way, It also let the amazing new members Mary and Chris fit in right away.
Tomasss (c70) admittedly I had know idea who you were before the HC even though you've been around for a while, I'm really glad this HC has helped you find your place here on the forum!
JamieeeC: You were always crazy enthusiastic about this even when your team was not doing very well :eli: and your amazing talent really shined throughout this cup and peaked in the lip sync =P

Thank you to all the judges for dedicating their time to make sure this thing even happened, countless hours were spent in the background making sure this went (somewhat) smoothly, also thank you for doing your most difficult task: putting up with me =P I know I'm a pain to work with and can a be dick at times so I apologise for that :hug: especially to you Jack.

I'd like to especially thank Kris and Matty my co-hosts. Matty you constantly came up with such wonderful ideas and were incredibly supportive, somehow you managed the tedious task of hosting popularite aswell :heart:

Kris! from the very beginning you stayed up until ridiculous hours in the morning to get this thing off the ground :heart: You even wrote those really extra but cute storylines for the challenges (that I totally neglected) I was a bit lost when you went off to Thailand and I think it showed :( Hands down, the best bit about this House Cup was getting to know you :hug:
edit: Also kyler bitch omg, you spilling scorching hot tea all over the entire cup gave me life ! I always love talking to you even when you're a drunk depressive mess. Sorry that the Cup caused you crazy amounts of stress at times :hug:
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

Unread postby JamieC » 29th August, 2017, 8:43 pm

Congrats to Team HTTYD! :)

The best part of the house cup for me is seeing what an array of incredible, talented people we are blessed to have in this community. It never fails to amaze me. People shine in ways we wouldn't get to see without the house cup.

Ethan and the team, you've done a bloody brilliant job. I know I can say for sure you've made my summer all the more fun for having the house cup. It's no secret how much time and effort it takes to host the house cup, so please know it is appreciated. :heart:

To my beloved Team Spirited Away, it has been an absolute pleasure to be a part of the team this summer. Whilst I wish I could've been more active in the Discord chat, I'd like to think I've gotten to know you guys certainly better than I did prior to the house cup. Kasp and Kamiel, you two are truly wonderful, and your friendship (& leadership) was a marvel to watch. A class act. :) :heart:

I look forward to the next house cup.... and whatever may come before then!

Peace out xoxoxox

Last edited by JamieC on 29th August, 2017, 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JamieC
Desperado

Likes received: 110

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 29th August, 2017, 9:11 pm

Well done Team! We may not have won, but we certainly turned out a lot of high quality submissions in a lot of challenges. Proud of you all
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 346

Unread postby Kaspar » 29th August, 2017, 9:25 pm

Congratulations team HTTYD! :heart:

It might be my looser talk, but I have said it numerous times on team chat too:
The point of House Cup is not really winning the House Cup. Of course, it is awesome if you do, but the real, hidden goal is to BOND. A task, that in my opinion, every team succeeded in fulfilling! :heart: The new friendships that emerged, the amounts of new cool ideas and stuff, is fantastic! I had the pleasure to work with you guys, people like Kam, Ben, Abd, who always kept the team chat fun and interesting. With people like Jamie, who's incredible amount of team spirit always happened to surprise me. :D And omg, people like Kyler :heart: that de facto were our enemies, but they did not feel like such at any point really.
This was probably the best time I had during my time on GTF, the one resulting in most new friendships.
And the twink chat with the endless stream of twink pics provided by Kris and Ethan™ was probably my favourite part of it :eli: hehehe
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper

Re: HOUSE CUP 2017 WINNERS TEAM TWINK!

Unread postby KrisCross » 29th August, 2017, 9:27 pm

Congratulations to all of the teams for your incredible submissions! I am happy to have been part of this and can only hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did! :heart:

Ethán wrote:Kris! from the very beginning you stayed up until ridiculous hours in the morning to get this thing off the ground :heart: You even wrote those really extra but cute storylines for the challenges (that I totally neglected) I was a bit lost when you went off to Thailand and I think it showed :( Hands down, the best bit about this House Cup was getting to know you :hug:

You melt my heart sis, I still feel bad for being gone for the second half, but I'm so proud of the way you basically carried the weight of the entire cup all the way through!

And yes, getting to know you was an absolute pleasure! :hug:
KrisCross
Senior Moderator

Likes received: 231

Unread postby Scherzy » 30th August, 2017, 12:36 am

Yeeeaaaasssss!!!!!
First, I couldn't have asked for a better team. You guys fucking slay.
Second, I could've asked for better vice captains but bless Pity for being such a great partner in crime.
Third, now that this didn't flop like Coruscant, maybe jack will finally be proud of me :')

Dotty, Finch, Chris, Liam, Griffin, Pity, Jacob, Henrique, Hedgie, and everyone else who even just submitted one round of popularite (i.e. everyone but mary), you guys are such a talented and wonderful group of people that I'm super happy to have gotten to know you all these past 2 months. Winning house cup was only a small part of the reward :heart:

and, since there really isn't much of a better way to sum up this team, imma just leave this here again :eli:

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scherzy
Community Ambassador

First name: Aiden
Likes received: 179

Unread postby Jacketh » 30th August, 2017, 12:50 am

Scherzy wrote:Third, now that this didn't flop like Coruscant, maybe jack will finally be proud of me :')

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 548

Unread postby Jacketh » 30th August, 2017, 1:10 am

Worldvision results will be up in the next day - really sorry about that! Obviously the points avaliable are not nearly enough to change anything though :lol:

In all seriousness though, good job to Ethan and KrisCross for setting this up, and how Ethan maintained it throughout the whole ten weeks. It's no secret activity wasn't as great as it was the last two years, but that is down to GTF obviously being a less active place as it was last year.

I have to hold my hands up and say I was fiercely against using Discord as a platform for the team chats this year and myself, Ethan and Kris butted heads quite aggressively over it. But I'm glad they fought me over it and made the decision they did, as they were right. Without the House Cup, I really do not think we'd be in process of making a GTF Official Discord server. Unquestionably Discord servers showed the potential of how new members can fit into GTF easier, and its left me with quite a bit of excitement of how we can use it to grow the site.

I wasn't as active this year but as always, seeing people's talents and skills is always good fun and I hope y'all had fun putting together your writing, videos, or whatever crazy ass shit. It was a shame to see some more of the established folk on GTF not around for this year (or, if they were - simply did not care or have the time; despite a few pretending that they did and utlimately making Ethan's job harder :noway:), but it was great to see people like Chris, c70, Peekaboo, Adyuto, MCarr, and Lochlan start establishing themselves. And, obviously a shout out to Aiden and Kasper for keeping their team chats relatively active and fostering some spirit.

We are keen to do more events on GTF over the next year. Obviously people are heading back to school and university so it cannot be nowhere as near as intense as the House Cup is, but it is things like Worldvisions, lip syncs, writing competitions, Mafia games, Popularité's, and just general fun things that I think people enjoy taking part in and gives something for the forum to do and a bit of character. We have something planned that should be a bit like the House Cup, but no way near intense and should be enjoyable on both the social and creative side, so stayed perced :eli:

Good job to everyone involved though, especially the hosts, judges, and team captains.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Jacketh » 30th August, 2017, 1:21 am

Also, Lion King deserve to lose because Lion King is a very lame, overrated movie and you would have won if you picked the much superior Toy Story.

That is all :gay:

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Littlenorthernboy » 30th August, 2017, 4:26 am

Jacketh wrote:Also, Lion King deserve to lose because Lion King is a very lame, overrated movie and you would have won if you picked the much superior Toy Story.

That is such a thing a judge says, doesnt sound professional as in judges shouldnt have pre-selected favourites or competitor (groups) they dislike from the beginning.
Littlenorthernboy

Likes received: 29

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 30th August, 2017, 7:15 am

Team How To Train Your Dragon was actually a scientific experiment to prove that twinks are indeed superior :eli:
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

Unread postby Kaspar » 30th August, 2017, 7:52 am

Ethán wrote:Team How To Train Your Dragon was actually a scientific experiment to prove that twinks are indeed superior :eli:

Was anyone doubting that anyway? :tea:
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 30th August, 2017, 8:21 am

Jacketh wrote:Also, Lion King deserve to lose because Lion King is a very lame, overrated movie and you would have won if you picked the much superior Toy Story.

YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF THEY ARE BOTH EQUALLY BRILLIANT MOVIES AND CRUCIAL PARTS OF MY CHILDHOOD

TheBrunswickian

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 30th August, 2017, 8:22 am

Ethán wrote:Team How To Train Your Dragon was actually a scientific experiment to prove that twinks are indeed superior :eli:

no it was an experiment to prove clear bias :gay:

TheBrunswickian

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 31st August, 2017, 2:38 am

Some stats from the HC
Although it was a team thing there was some pretty good individual efforts
These are the top 4 individual point scorers, really really surprised and proud of Miguel, not many come close to Kyler, also Jamie and Pity :heart: :heart:
Kyler : 862 points
MCarr: 851 points
JamieC: 729 points
Pity: 672 points

Chat stats
Total: 145,304 messages, quite a surprisingly high amount considering activity seemed so down from last year. I guess concerns about general chat detracting from team chats was right :rip:
General Chat : 43,763 messages
Spirited Away: 20,772 messages :applause:
HTTYD: 10,970 messages (and a lot of voice chat)
Lion King: 8,476 messages :wtc:
Twink Appreciation Room: 26,553 messages :eli:
Christians Ass Appreciation: 15,314
SpilledTea: 11,670 :tea:
captains, judges chats: 7,786 messages
Individuals
Kyler: 15,399 messages :err:
Spiderboii: 9,361 messages
Kaspar: 9,100 messages
Pity: 8,224 messages
Finch: 8,092 messages
Kris: 7,954 messages