KIDS - Yay or Nay?

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

KIDS

Yay (I'd prefer them to be mine biologically)
30%
Yay (I don't care either way)
31%
No
21%
Unsure
18%

Total votes : 129

Re: KIDS - Yay or Nay?

Unread postby Calcifer » 11th August, 2017, 4:47 am

Right now? Not at all, I'm not mad. In the future? Ehhhh, who knows. I want to be a large part in raising a child - In teaching them right from wrong, in helping open their eyes and see them get excited about things for the first time. To try my best to help bring someone into the world, and in turn doing my best to make them decent people.

However, that doesn't mean I'd have to be a father. I'd feel just as happy a good role model to children in my family. I feel that I have a cousin who already very much looks up to me, and although children can be little unredeemable shits sometimes, helping them grow out of that would be a nice contribution for me to make in the world.

I guess children is an easy way to pass on a legacy for people who don't work in areas that'll give them particular notoriety or renown.
ImageImageImage
Calcifer
Some Hypersexual Puppy Cat Thing

First name: Calum
Likes received: 32

Unread postby Togetik » 11th August, 2017, 8:23 am

I really like kids, even if I know they're awful little gremlins deep inside. Having three younger siblings taught me that, if nothing else.

I definitely want some, maybe two or three, but I don't really care if they're biological or not. Adoption can be more difficult than surrogacy (Which is awful) , especially in australia which prioritises the foster system over adoption- but I love the idea of adoption for the same reason as most other people in this thread.

I think it'd come down to my partner mostly, if they wanted biological children related to one of us i'd be fine obliging either way BUT if the option is there by the time I want kids, I feel like i'd be way too suckered in by any kind of gene tinkering that'd allow two guys to produce a child with each other with both parents having genetic input. I'm way too into that side of things not to leap into it if the option way available.
Togetik

Likes received: 81

Unread postby WhatIsYourQuest » 17th August, 2017, 5:05 pm

Jacketh wrote:This is something I often think about. The day I came out (21st December 2012), my Mum rung my brother an hour or so after I told them. She said "So, erm! We've got something to tell you. Jack is gay! He's came out". He replied to my Mum "Oh, right - I knew that It was obvious. But anyway, seeing as he won't give you kids, I ought to tell you, Becky (his girlfriend) is pregnant.) So my parents discovered I was gay, and they were to be grandparents, within about an hour. :lol:

But yeah, that comment has stuck with me. Because I'd defo want kids. But, see, if I was asked this a few years ago I would of said "yeah, but I want defo want them to be my own (biologically)". But I'm really not sure about that no more, in fact, I don't think I'd want them to be my own - I think it would be too much fuss. I really don't think it should make a difference if they're biological or not, and there are plenty of kids out there in dire straits.

Foster caring is also something a lot of LGBT couples do nowadays. I'm not sure if I'd be capable of that, but people willing to do that really do deserve a huge amount of respects.

Anyway, thoughts?

I'm quite lucky with my sexuality, I don't think I could handle babies or kids, as I have quite sensitive hearing, and crying and whining can cause me to become rather unsettled. Also women unless friends just make me pissed off
If I were gay i'd like dancing, Oh wait
WhatIsYourQuest

First name: Walter

Unread postby WhatIsYourQuest » 17th August, 2017, 5:06 pm

Short answer - Nay
If I were gay i'd like dancing, Oh wait
WhatIsYourQuest

First name: Walter

Unread postby (un)creative » 17th August, 2017, 6:31 pm

Generally no. Maybe some day but definitely not a baby. Although they're cute and Stuff but they're so much work. Changing diapers, then they eat so often and later you need to find a way to make them use the toilet and so on. That's just too much work.
(un)creative

First name: André
Likes received: 17

Unread postby JamieC » 20th August, 2017, 10:41 am

I definitely do not want to have children. I'm career driven, and enjoy my independence far too much. At this point, I can barely even see myself in a relationship in years to come, let alone having children. A good circle of trusted friends/collogues is most important to me. :)
JamieC
Desperado

Likes received: 110

Unread postby Infinity2 » 24th August, 2017, 4:34 pm

I'd love to have kids, but If I can't do it biologically I'd probably adopt.
They're so many kids who deserve a loving home, who cares if it's with two dudes. I know I would love that kid like he/she was my own
Infinity2

Likes received: 3

Unread postby Wayde » 28th August, 2017, 4:58 pm

This is something I've been thinking about for a long time. I love little kids, but I cannot stand them once they reach like the age of 5, haha. At this time I am thinking that kids just aren't for me. Ive never had that strong pull or desire to have kids or anything either. Plus, I don't picture them fitting into my future--I want a more fast paced life full of adventures and traveling.

I am not completely opposed though. If I met the right person and he wanted them, I might be open to the idea.
Wayde
A Witty User Title™

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 16

Previous

Recently active