KIDS - Yay or Nay?

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

KIDS

Yay (I'd prefer them to be mine biologically)
31%
Yay (I don't care either way)
31%
No
21%
Unsure
17%

Total votes : 133

KIDS - Yay or Nay?

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd March, 2016, 6:11 am

This is something I often think about. The day I came out (21st December 2012), my Mum rung my brother an hour or so after I told them. She said "So, erm! We've got something to tell you. Jack is gay! He's came out". He replied to my Mum "Oh, right - I knew that It was obvious. But anyway, seeing as he won't give you kids, I ought to tell you, Becky (his girlfriend) is pregnant.) So my parents discovered I was gay, and they were to be grandparents, within about an hour. :lol:

But yeah, that comment has stuck with me. Because I'd defo want kids. But, see, if I was asked this a few years ago I would of said "yeah, but I want defo want them to be my own (biologically)". But I'm really not sure about that no more, in fact, I don't think I'd want them to be my own - I think it would be too much fuss. I really don't think it should make a difference if they're biological or not, and there are plenty of kids out there in dire straits.

Foster caring is also something a lot of LGBT couples do nowadays. I'm not sure if I'd be capable of that, but people willing to do that really do deserve a huge amount of respects.

Anyway, thoughts?
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 627

Re: KIDS - Yay or Nay?

Unread postby Dessy » 3rd March, 2016, 6:15 am

I would definitely love to raise a couple kids one day. I don't care if it's biologically related or not.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby ^George^ » 3rd March, 2016, 6:24 am

I am not really sure. On the one hand, it could be nice to have a kid. On the other hand, I am not a big fan of kids(I have a brother who is 9 years younger, it was too much work :shifty: ) and I am not into relationships either.
I might just get a cat. :gaycat:
^George^
Juraffe

First name: Juraj
Likes received: 18

Unread postby Mawd » 3rd March, 2016, 6:37 am

I think about it sometimes but I don't think I'd be ready for quite some time.
Plus Ben doesn't really want them. The other thing is that they're such a time and money sink and after being at the bottom end of the middle class for so long I just want the kind of income and lifestyle to feel like I've moved upward for a bit.

I'm probably more suited to being an uncle than a parent anyway which I already am so it works out for now.
I kinda have a weird thing about the timing of having kids too. By the time I was 3 and really started forming longer memories my parents were already entering their forties. I don't want that for kids of my own. The parental style and education is too out of touch, the adults are entering the least physically active phase of their lives, and in my case they'll probably be dead by the time I'm 30. It's all a bit too heavy to want for someone else.

I still come back to the idea though. I used to hate kids. Babies and toddlers especially. But now I just seem to have a lot of patience and enthusiasm for them. Which is weird.
My niece stayed over for a few days recently and she's your typical eight your old. She's dealing with a lot of heavy drama between her parents but day to day she seemed mostly okay. Apparently I'm her favourite person from her trip and I couldn't figure out why. But apparently I'm the only person who treated her like a person rather than a child to be managed and ignored. Funny I used to hate her. My brother and his wife did a shit job. But she's turning out okay for now.
Mawd
Appearing to Disappear; Community Ambassador

First name: Max
Likes received: 111

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd March, 2016, 6:45 am

^George^ wrote:I might just get a cat. :gaycat:

Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 627

Unread postby thaprot » 3rd March, 2016, 7:12 am

Right now I'm not entirely bothered, and if I met someone who was adamant they didn't want kids then it wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker - my siblings will have a handful of kids between them so I'll still be an uncle multiple times over.

I do think once I get to my early 30's I'd probably find I quite want to have kids. I'd like to think I'd be reasonably stable financially and have lived my life a bit so will be ready to start a family then.

I have no interest in going through IVF or surrogacy personally and would far rather adopt than go through that. I'd also feel uncomfortable raising girls I think - I'd probably ideally want boys if possible. I don't know if this is a common preference among gay parents?
My inbox is always open, feel free to PM me if you need a friendly face, some advice or just fancy a chat! :)

Similarly, if you need any moddy stuff done and nobody is online, PMs to me send a direct email to my phone so I'll do my best to help ASAP.

Jacketh wrote:Oh, damn. Ignore me. Listen to Josh.
thaprot
taproot the grumpy cat

First name: Josh
Likes received: 4

Unread postby Dessy » 3rd March, 2016, 7:23 am

thaprot wrote:Right now I'm not entirely bothered, and if I met someone who was adamant they didn't want kids then it wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker - my siblings will have a handful of kids between them so I'll still be an uncle multiple times over.

I do think once I get to my early 30's I'd probably find I quite want to have kids. I'd like to think I'd be reasonably stable financially and have lived my life a bit so will be ready to start a family then.

I have no interest in going through IVF or surrogacy personally and would far rather adopt than go through that. I'd also feel uncomfortable raising girls I think - I'd probably ideally want boys if possible. I don't know if this is a common preference among gay parents?

Probably. Personally I want both.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby Tim. » 3rd March, 2016, 7:25 am

NAY

Might change in the future, but for now I don't see myself ever wanting kids. Partly because I find them frustrating and also to avoid the financial and time commitments. I've always seen myself living the inner city apartment, travels a lot lifestyle which is not really compatible with having kids.

Tim.
The Southern Moderator

First name: Tim
Likes received: 150

Unread postby Mati » 3rd March, 2016, 7:38 am

Maybe it would be nice one day, in the far future, but I don't really think about it now.

Jacketh wrote:The day I came out (21st December 2012)

Do you celebrate with cake and champagne, every 21st December?
Popularite Season 4 - Proudly #TeamAdele

Mati
loves communists and male dressing rooms

Likes received: 33

Team: The Far East

Unread postby muddylegs » 3rd March, 2016, 11:49 am

My parents wouldn't be okay with me having kids biologically I don't think, then again no kid deserves the risk of looking like me :skull:

Whether or not I have kids is really up to my partner really. I know I could cope with a lifestyle surrounding being a parent, but it's never something I've wished for in particular. I'm too young to choose yet.

I'm hoping that by the time I'm old enough to have kids, bullying people for having gay parents and stigmatising same-sex families will have stopped, so I hope that would never need to be a factor in decision :P
[6:50 PM] Flaggermus: muddy you cant just lynch people
[11:09 AM] TheWoahAlex: you can't lynch everyone!
[9:14 PM] Mestaris: MUDDY YOU CANT LYNCH PEOPLE. LYNCHING PEOPLE IS NOT A SOLUTION
[2:32 PM] Zefare: Muddy, you can't just lynch people!
[2:23 PM] bettasnail: you have a thing for lynching ppl don't you
[7:59 PM] AwesomeCDog: muddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy not everyone is ready and willing to hurt others
[9:42 PM] matiboi96: Lol rob you can't just order someone to amputate themselves!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[5:32 PM] Tyler: Fuck me sideways and call me grandma

[7:38 PM] Mestaris: your fetishes are worse than mine

Scherzy wrote:wonderfully creative, awesomely cute, horribly funny, uncomfortably morbid, relatively fucked-up, and outright twisted
muddylegs
Coca-Cola Poster BOY

Likes received: 140

Unread postby Hohenidoom » 3rd March, 2016, 11:55 am

I'll carry on the bloodline if it kills me.
Fear God and Dread nought
Hohenidoom
dodgy 90s dance guy

Likes received: 49

Unread postby binomial » 3rd March, 2016, 11:58 am

I want children who are mine biologically. Since I'm still rather unsure about my sexuality I'd quite like to have children through the biologically normal process as well (with a girl shock horror). Though it's all a very long way away yet.
binomial

First name: Tony

Unread postby Angelic Haze » 3rd March, 2016, 1:16 pm

See my view on this has stuck for a good couple of years now. Me and kids just don't mix. I mean all my cousins of a really young age love me but truthfully most of the time I can't be asked with them. It just wouldn't suit my lifestyle either. You could argue that maybe my view of things will change in the future but honestly I can't see that ever being the case. If I meet somebody that has a kid I won't turn them away but it's not something I'd openly to looking for if that makes sense
Angelic Haze
Naturally Scummy

First name: Kaine
Likes received: 12

Unread postby George » 3rd March, 2016, 1:44 pm

I'd love children, preferably adopted. Too many mouths in this world, could do with looking after a few of the existing ones. If I can go two years without killing a dog, I can probably handle a child.
Image Hi, I'm George. Never met Me before? Image
George
Diaper Rash

First name: George
Likes received: 124

Unread postby haffiz09 » 3rd March, 2016, 1:49 pm

I would love to have children, blood or not, doesnt matter to me. He/She will still be my child because i will raise them
19/M/G

Wanna talk hit me up?

Sports fan, love football, Chelsea FC :heart: :heart:
haffiz09

First name: Haffiz
Likes received: 1

Unread postby Mati » 3rd March, 2016, 1:59 pm

muddylegs wrote:My parents wouldn't be okay with me having kids biologically I don't think

Why, is it their choice? (sorry, i'm genuinely curious)
Popularite Season 4 - Proudly #TeamAdele

Mati
loves communists and male dressing rooms

Likes received: 33

Unread postby MoonBear » 3rd March, 2016, 2:23 pm

No kids
I want 4 cats though and a dog
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage.ImageImageImageImage
MoonBear
Formerly Rct3swp/Space Beard

First name: Karim
Likes received: 21

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby bluesunstorm » 3rd March, 2016, 3:18 pm

I'm not one of those people that absolutely despises kids, but I'd rather not be around them. I decided when I was a young teenager that I didn't ever want to have children and my mind never changed on the matter, which is weird because I really wanted a family badly as a child. I can barely manage to take care of myself most days, I couldn't manage taking care of other humans. I've had three dogs and a rabbit, I've done my part as far as I'm concerned. Plus, I guess I'm kind of selfish, I want a man all to myself, without us having to worry abut family life.
I loves Kylie Minogue, rainbows, sprinkles, teddy bears, Lisa Frank, Hello Kitty, pop & dance music, and Lindsay Lohan movies.
bluesunstorm

First name: Casey
Likes received: 4

Unread postby Scherzy » 3rd March, 2016, 4:21 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of working with children (although i don't mind it), but i think i would really enjoy raising my own child, and from what i've heard from parents it really is worth the fuck ton of money, time, and pain. So I'd say yeah. Being my biological child is a plus, but i could adopt and love them equally.
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scherzy
Community Ambassador

First name: Aiden
Likes received: 180

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby muddylegs » 3rd March, 2016, 4:32 pm

matiboi96 wrote:
muddylegs wrote:My parents wouldn't be okay with me having kids biologically I don't think

Why, is it their choice? (sorry, i'm genuinely curious)

They're my family, my kids will be their family :P I wouldn't want them to resent a biological grandchild because they saw it as morally wrong. Perhaps over time their opinions would change. If given the choice if I wanted children I'd probably adopt anyway, though.
[6:50 PM] Flaggermus: muddy you cant just lynch people
[11:09 AM] TheWoahAlex: you can't lynch everyone!
[9:14 PM] Mestaris: MUDDY YOU CANT LYNCH PEOPLE. LYNCHING PEOPLE IS NOT A SOLUTION
[2:32 PM] Zefare: Muddy, you can't just lynch people!
[2:23 PM] bettasnail: you have a thing for lynching ppl don't you
[7:59 PM] AwesomeCDog: muddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy not everyone is ready and willing to hurt others
[9:42 PM] matiboi96: Lol rob you can't just order someone to amputate themselves!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[5:32 PM] Tyler: Fuck me sideways and call me grandma

[7:38 PM] Mestaris: your fetishes are worse than mine

Scherzy wrote:wonderfully creative, awesomely cute, horribly funny, uncomfortably morbid, relatively fucked-up, and outright twisted
muddylegs
Coca-Cola Poster BOY

Likes received: 140

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], CameronAus, CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Facebook [Bot], gnossienne, Google [Bot], Google AppEngine, Google Search Appliance, Hitmeinthenuts, Kekleon, Powerdwarf, xylo13 and 747 guests