Places in London to link up

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Places in London to link up

Unread postby Legolas » 13th September, 2017, 2:51 pm

Hi guys, I'm gonna start studying at uni in London next month and I thought it'd be a good time to start meeting other gay people who might be similar to me. Unfortunately, most of the places I hear about are gay bars and and clubs and since I'm a teetotaler, I'd rather avoid settings involving alcohol. Can anyone suggest places or meetings/sessions where gay students can meet without the purpose of getting waved? Thanks!
Legolas

Re: Places in London to link up

Unread postby Tim. » 13th September, 2017, 4:21 pm

Most units have a LGBT society where you can meet people. Beyond that if you want to avoid bars and clubs there is Tinder/Grindr etc.

Tim.
The Southern Moderator

First name: Tim
Likes received: 150

Unread postby Jacketh » 13th September, 2017, 4:30 pm

Legolas wrote:Hi guys, I'm gonna start studying at uni in London next month and I thought it'd be a good time to start meeting other gay people who might be similar to me. Unfortunately, most of the places I hear about are gay bars and and clubs and since I'm a teetotaler, I'd rather avoid settings involving alcohol. Can anyone suggest places or meetings/sessions where gay students can meet without the purpose of getting waved? Thanks!

What university are you starting at?
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 627

Unread postby Legolas » 13th September, 2017, 7:02 pm

I'll be at Imperial. I have thought of joining uni societies but since I'm closeted and have a very LGBT hostile family, I'm a bit worried that news of me attending such societies might find its way to unwanted ears. But thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming, the more I get, the more I'll appreciate all your help!
Legolas

Unread postby Jacketh » 13th September, 2017, 8:39 pm

Legolas wrote:I'll be at Imperial. I have thought of joining uni societies but since I'm closeted and have a very LGBT hostile family, I'm a bit worried that news of me attending such societies might find its way to unwanted ears. But thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming, the more I get, the more I'll appreciate all your help!

Nice, I'm at Kings.

We actually have a lot of London meetups on here! I've been to a few down the years and George still organises them three or four times a year. I'm tired now but I'll find some pictures tomorrow :lol: Have you joined our Discord server? You should!

Failing university societies, meetup.com probably has a lot of organised meetups if you're confident enough to go to them. I've never personally been, but I might one day.
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 627

Unread postby Wayde » 16th September, 2017, 2:01 pm

There is so much British/European slang in this :lol: Linking up? Teetotaler? Getting Waved? :rofl2:
Wayde
A Witty User Titleā„¢

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 23

Team: The Far East

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Alexa [Bot], Baidu [Spider], CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Felis_rojas, Gantrypengy, Google AppEngine, Google Search Appliance, Google Web Preview [Bot], jadu, Kekleon, Lightboy, Mcmmigas, polka dot, superdupergay and 725 guests