My dad denies my homosexuality

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

My dad denies my homosexuality

Unread postby KingOfCatatoes » 27th September, 2017, 10:37 pm

Hiya, so I'm a 13 year old. Now it might seem that I'm way to young to realize this type of thing, but I've literally been attracted to boys for over 4 years, and have kissed one before, which was arguably the best moment of my days. And this is what brings me to my question, How do I get my dad to accept the fact that I'm gay? :dunno:
I recently have told my family about it, and they seemed fine with it. But my brother recently told me that my dad has been saying that's it's just a phase, and that I just am confused. It's sort of insulting because it's like he wants me to be straight. Now again, he does have the right for that belief because of the hormone bullsh*t.. but I've known for long that this is who I am, and I can't change that. (Isn't that the topic for a macklemore song? Lol.)
I just need to get a way to say to him, "Dad, I'm gay as f*ck and you need to not deny that plis thenks baii"
Anyhow, I should not be up so late typing this. Thanks for any answers!
- B.F.
See look my initials say bf which stands for boyfriend ermegherd destiny has been made no stahpin mah gaynesssss
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
KingOfCatatoes

First name: Ben

Re: My dad denies my homosexuality

Unread postby Example » 28th September, 2017, 12:35 am

Even if you don't say anything I think he will get the picture after time when the phase never ends and youre getting married and dating boys forever
I'd confront him cause i love a good battle though
drag him
does your dad seem like a gay hater or just more of the uneducated type
Example

First name: Kyler
Likes received: 440

Unread postby Adyuto » 28th September, 2017, 12:47 am

KingOfCatatoes wrote:Hiya, so I'm a 13 year old. Now it might seem that I'm way to young to realize this type of thing, but I've literally been attracted to boys for over 4 years, and have kissed one before, which was arguably the best moment of my days. And this is what brings me to my question, How do I get my dad to accept the fact that I'm gay? :dunno:
I recently have told my family about it, and they seemed fine with it. But my brother recently told me that my dad has been saying that's it's just a phase, and that I just am confused. It's sort of insulting because it's like he wants me to be straight. Now again, he does have the right for that belief because of the hormone bullsh*t.. but I've known for long that this is who I am, and I can't change that. (Isn't that the topic for a macklemore song? Lol.)
I just need to get a way to say to him, "Dad, I'm gay as f*ck and you need to not deny that plis thenks baii"
Anyhow, I should not be up so late typing this. Thanks for any answers!
- B.F.
See look my initials say bf which stands for boyfriend ermegherd destiny has been made no stahpin mah gaynesssss

I think that the best strategy would be to let him take his time. Pride in your sexuality can be beneficial to an extent; it's probably best to avoid confrontation or else you create the possibility of closing his mind further than it is. I think the best thing for you to do is live life and let the world follow you.
Adyuto

Likes received: 9

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Dolly » 28th September, 2017, 11:50 am

Like the others have said, just give him time. I think it would make things worse if you were assertive and blurted "It's not a phase!" Best of luck :)
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 531

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 30th September, 2017, 5:48 am

That can't be easy for you. As everyone has said, give him time. He'll probably come around. It can be hard for some people, even though it really shouldn't. My mum is really progressive but she was still shocked and actually cried for a few days after I came out (which did wonders for my anxiety!). But she quickly came around and figured it wasn't actually a big deal. Hopefully your dad will be the same. More often than not, they come around. The worst case scenario is if he doesn't, and if that happens, no matter how much it hurts, remember that you need people who love you regardless. You don't need negativity in your life, just love.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 361

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Bing [Bot], CameronAus, CommonCrawl [Bot], Facebook [Bot], gnossienne, Google AppEngine, Google Search Appliance, Hitmeinthenuts, Kekleon, Linkdex [Bot], Powerdwarf, xylo13, Yandex [Bot] and 753 guests