Physically gay, emotionally straight, wtf?

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Physically gay, emotionally straight, wtf?

Unread postby ThatRand0mGuy » 2nd October, 2017, 2:12 pm

Okay, so, I don't really know where to begin. If I had to guess right know I'd say I am like 70% gay physically, but I can't imagine me being in an emotional relationship with a guy, and that's not because I dislike it, I've seen very cute gay couples. I think I've been physically attracted to guys since I was 13, but never once have I been in love with a guy.

The idea of kissing a girl is more appealing for me, and I have been in love with girls before, but only emotionally. I find most girls beautiful, but I never feel the urge to look at their bodies like I do when I see hot guys. I'm kinda stressed because relationships with bad sex usually don't go very well.

Is there anyone who feels the same or has some advice?
ThatRand0mGuy

Re: Physically gay, emotionally straight, wtf?

Unread postby Scorpius X-1 » 2nd October, 2017, 5:33 pm

With girls, I feel attracted and repulsed at the same time. Or something.

With hot guys, I'm attracted.

No advice.
Scorpius X-1

First name: Patrick
Likes received: 10

Unread postby Wayde » 2nd October, 2017, 6:23 pm

I went through the exact same thing years ago when I was coming to terms. Actually, I think a lot of guys do. I think it comes from the fear of being gay and being told that gay is bad. You don't want to accept that you're gay at first, so you tell yourself "If I'm at least emotionally attracted to girls then I'm not 100% gay". If your experience is like mine then that will slowly pass.
Wayde
A Witty User Titleā„¢

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 23

Team: The Far East

Unread postby Sokol » 3rd October, 2017, 10:45 am

I completely understand where you're coming from. I've gone through the same "phase", don't understand be wrong though. For me, it was only a phase, but for you this could just be your sexuality. If this is in fact is your sexuallity, you could 'define' yourself as a heteroromantic bisexual. This, in short, means you're emotionally attracted to the opposite sex but physically attracted to the same sex. But you shouldn't feel the need to identify yourself as gay, bi... or any other terms, sexuallity is something much deeper than that.

I think you should probably just take your time and don't push yourself to make a decision or anything. You will get your answer as time goes on, just try to be open to try things with both sexes, I suppose.
I hope this answer was of any use to you.
Click here to get a short introduction on me
I'm actually not as fem as the vid might make you think I am
Sokol
Official Kankerslet

First name: Sokol
Likes received: 132

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby TonyTheTiger » 4th October, 2017, 1:01 am

I know exactly where you're coming from. I, however, had the opposite effect. I used to be emotionally attracted to girls (not so much anymore), but could not think about them sexually like the way I do for guys. But, I do have an emotional attraction to guys as well. This was definitely a phase for me. You said that you've been attracted physically since 13, but whatever age you are now sounds like the ideal time for these phases to happen. I agree with Sokol and would definitely give it more time and not to rush.
TonyTheTiger

First name: Tony
Likes received: 1

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Bing [Bot], CameronAus, CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Facebook [Bot], gnossienne, Google [Bot], Google AppEngine, Google Search Appliance, Hitmeinthenuts, Kekleon, Powerdwarf, xylo13 and 748 guests