Coming out (Again)

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Coming out (Again)

Unread postby G_J_M » 10th October, 2017, 5:07 pm

Right, i'm 16. I came out in high school, but then college happened and there's this other guy in my class who is like bi-(curious?) . Anyway, he's a bit weird, and while i wouldn't say my friends are homophobic (or biphobic, i guess), they do say some borderline stuff to him. I don't think he's arsed, but it just makes me feel uncomfortable. So, i'm stuck in a dilemma on if i should come out to my "new" friends or not, and how. :dunno:

Advice appreciated
G_J_M

First name: George

Re: Coming out (Again)

Unread postby Unorginal » 10th October, 2017, 5:13 pm

Perhaps you could mention that you have a gay friend (whether that be true or not) and just see how they react. If they react badly or say terrible things, then 1) they probably aren't the people you should associate with, and 2) they don't deserve to be your friend. That's all I can really say on this. Good luck!
Sorry for blinding you with my profile pic (At least I'm blocking some of the ugly with my hand?).
Unorginal

First name: Peter
Likes received: 9

Unread postby Wayde » 10th October, 2017, 6:08 pm

Personally, I'd just play it by ear. Don't make a point to "come out" to them officially, but if/when you get a boyfriend, introduce him as "my boyfriend". If they don't want to be your friend anymore, they were never real friends in the first place.
Wayde
A Witty User Titleā„¢

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 16

Unread postby Cruel& » 14th October, 2017, 2:19 am

I think it's best to first find a lot of friends who are gay/bi, & THEN come out to these friends you speak about.
"Not my prowess he said
I couldn't be caught dead with what I feel
But I don't know what I feel"
Cruel&

First name: Elijah
Likes received: 2

Unread postby c70 » 21st October, 2017, 11:24 pm

I would just wait and try to gauge their support over the next little while. Try to make friends who are gay and eventually you can come out to your friends and if they don't want to be around you anymore then at least you have a support net of friends who you can relate to.
Look I finally got a profile picture :D
c70

First name: Thomas
Likes received: 16

Recently active