Orientation Frustration

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Orientation Frustration

Unread postby Lightboy » 30th December, 2017, 11:37 am

At the early stages of questioning I labelled myself Gay but then realized I was bisexual hence the fact I fell in love with a few girls romantically in middle and high school.

The problem is I only feel romantic attraction to girls but no sexual attraction yet I can feel both romantic and sexual attractions to guys.
Girls extremely rarely get me hard yet I can romantically love them?

I'm not sure anymore if it's still bisexuality or something else, can someone help me clarify this please?
Lightboy
Compulsive Hugger

First name: Fady
Likes received: 38

Team: The Wild West

Re: Orientation Frustration

Unread postby Rwinter96 » 30th December, 2017, 11:41 am

You can be attracted to different genders in different ways. So whilst you might be be biromantic, you may only be homosexual. They are separate entities, although rushing to label everything probably isn't what's best. Take your time and just let yourself work it out
Rwinter96

First name: Ryan
Likes received: 35

Team: The Far East

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 30th December, 2017, 11:45 am

Fadi,

Honestly, I wouldn't try to label yourself too much. To me, it sounds like you're somewhere in between gay and bisexual. However, since you don't really want to bone girls, i'd just go with gay. Maybe you are confusing the romantical attraction to girls with just liking them alot, in a friendly way.

Do know that I'm not the expert on this. I'd call you gay, but in the end you should just go with what you feel like.
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Started as new member now we're here

First name: Tim
Likes received: 34

Unread postby Rwinter96 » 30th December, 2017, 11:50 am

Woollyhoolly wrote:in the end you should just go with what you feel like.

Agreed on this point, I'd call myself gay even though I have a few other labels that I could use but it's easier to just say I'm gay
Rwinter96

First name: Ryan
Likes received: 35

Unread postby Lightboy » 30th December, 2017, 11:53 am

Woollyhoolly wrote:Fadi,

Honestly, I wouldn't try to label yourself too much. To me, it sounds like you're somewhere in between gay and bisexual. However, since you don't really want to bone girls, i'd just go with gay. Maybe you are confusing the romantical attraction to girls with just liking them alot, in a friendly way.

Do know that I'm not the expert on this. I'd call you gay, but in the end you should just go with what you feel like.

It's definitely romantic attraction to girls and not just liking them a lot I can assure that!
But yeah I can say somewhere in between bisexual and homosexual.
And you're right I shouldn't label myself too much but I really find comfort in labeling myself an identity than not having one honestly, it makes me feel less lost.

Rwinter96 wrote:You can be attracted to different genders in different ways. So whilst you might be be biromantic, you may only be homosexual. They are separate entities, although rushing to label everything probably isn't what's best. Take your time and just let yourself work it out

Yeah I guess differently attracted to different genders and I have thought about the difference between biromantic and homosexual/bisexual but I kinda needed it clear I guess.

I'm mostly guessing it's in between homosexual and bisexual and it has something to do with biromantic but I'm still kinda trying to figure that out I guess.
Lightboy
Compulsive Hugger

First name: Fady
Likes received: 38

Unread postby Panthony2100 » 31st December, 2017, 2:39 am

Rwinter96 wrote:You can be attracted to different genders in different ways. So whilst you might be be biromantic, you may only be homosexual. They are separate entities, although rushing to label everything probably isn't what's best. Take your time and just let yourself work it out

Couldn’t have said it better myself. In all reality it’s perfectly fine to not know or not put a label on it. Just take things one step at a time.
Be the change you want to see in the world
Panthony2100

First name: Anthony
Likes received: 12

Unread postby Nostalgia » 31st December, 2017, 11:42 am

Hey Fady. While everyone goes through this, I believe there's no reason for you to stress about this issue. And please, do not say that your sexuality is your identity. We are not our sexual preferences. You are not you because you like dick or cunt

I've always been a fan of letting things flow with the river. What is the hurry? What happens if today you bone a guy and tomorrow you bone a girl? you might not necessarily be bisexual. Everyday, straight guys claim to only like women, yet when you get them drunk they won't have a problem penetrating a guy (but not kissing him).

There are more important things to worry about. If you enjoy being a part of GTFO, then, by all means, stay. We don't bite :keke:
“I am one with the Force. The Force is with me”
― Chirrut Îmwe
Nostalgia
Controversial

First name: Miguel
Likes received: 5

Unread postby Dolly » 31st December, 2017, 4:23 pm

It sounds like you're bi. It's easier to feel romantic attraction than a sexual one, so who knows? Your mind could change a month from now, so you should avoid publicly using labels, though.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 671

Recently active