READ THIS: My experience with an STD

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

READ THIS: My experience with an STD

Unread postby Mcmmigas » 18th January, 2018, 1:14 pm

Hi!

As many of you know, my name is Miguel and I'm an 18 year old twink from Portugal. Recently, I got myself into a kinda "sticky" situation and I've decided to share my experience with you in order to demonstrate what could possibily go wrong when you ignore the most basic procedure of safe sex: wearing a condom.

As some of you may know, I had a (very hot) date with this guy from grindr and it all went very well. A few days ago, I noticed that it hurt when I urinated and the following morning I was scared shitless by finding out that my penis was all covered in this smelly yellowish pus. I googled it immediately and soon enough, I had a match: gonorrhea. I went straight to the doctor, who told me he was 99% sure it was gonorrhea but he still took some samples to be analysed just to make sure.

Fast foward to today, I went again to the doctor and he had the results: it was indeed gonorrhea and he prescribed me this huge dose of antibiotics and a pill to stop the pain whilst urinating. I started the day as a very tired, depressed and sad man, but now I'm pretty much out of it (it was very easy to cure since it's in its early stages). I also informed the guy I had sex with about the situation and he's going to get checked out aswell.

Now with the story out of the way, here comes the very important part: you should NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER have sex without a condom. I commited the mistake of trusting the guy when he told me "not to worry about buying condoms" and I only realised I wasn't wearing any protection until I was balls deep. What scares me the most is that he looked indeed very clean and with no issues, but my doctor told me that the bacteria which causes the disease not only is very common but it also can live inside the anus for months without being noticed, until it's too late.

To conclude, I just want to say 3 things:

- For the love of god, always use a condom;
- If you have unprotected sex, get yourself checked regularly;
- And finally, don't ignore the symptoms. If you suspect you may have something, go see a doctor ASAP. I was very lucky because I acted as soon as I saw the first signs. If I kept ignoring them, well, the story could have been a lot different.
ImageSend me a valentine!

Happy Valentines!
Mcmmigas

First name: Miguel
Likes received: 12

Team: The Far East

Re: READ THIS: My experience with an STD

Unread postby Sokol » 18th January, 2018, 1:18 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience, lots of people wouldn't have to courage to share this stuff since STD's are still kind of a taboo.
Also, thanks for your advice. Much appreciated!
Sokol
Cucumber Fanatic

First name: Sokol
Likes received: 221

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Hyacinth » 18th January, 2018, 2:00 pm

Thanks for sharing your story. I imagine gonorrhoea is a horrible experience. Did you go and get tested for HIV as well? I believe you should.
Hyacinth
Candlelight Supper Enthusiast

First name: Jan
Likes received: 36

Unread postby Mcmmigas » 18th January, 2018, 2:03 pm

Hyacinth wrote:Thanks for sharing your story. I imagine gonorrhoea is a horrible experience. Did you go and get tested for HIV as well? I believe you should.

I did, I'm out of trouble :D I'm going to repeat it in 3 months to check if anything incubated in the meantime

Happy Valentines!
Mcmmigas

Unread postby Sturgeon » 18th January, 2018, 4:08 pm

I just want to say thank you for sharing this. I imagine a lot of people would be too embarrassed/ashamed to admit to it, but it's good you realised you made a mistake and are trying to use it as an example to inform others.

Hope you feel better soon.
Sturgeon
Road to Ruin

First name: Sam
Likes received: 155

Unread postby Mcmmigas » 18th January, 2018, 4:24 pm

Sturgeon wrote:I just want to say thank you for sharing this. I imagine a lot of people would be too embarrassed/ashamed to admit to it, but it's good you realised you made a mistake and are trying to use it as an example to inform others.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks :D I'm feeling a lot better now - the doctor prescribed me with this "superdose" of antibiotics and I have no symptoms to report as of now. All I gotta do is take 2 different pills until monday, which is when he'll check me again. Also, I've talked to the guy and he's on PrEP so my concerns of getting HIV infected have subsided. I was extremelly lucky according to the doc because I treated this in the very early stages and the type of bacteria that I caught isn't that agressive. But I do hope this can serve as a warning to others. Also, for ppl who like to get "blown off" - there's a thing called "throat gonorrhea", 90% of the ppl who have it don't have any symptoms and the unlucky ones who have oral sex with an infected person will catch the disease.

Happy Valentines!
Mcmmigas

Unread postby Dolly » 18th January, 2018, 11:47 pm

I have no words. Thanks for sharing. I would hope anyone with yellow puss on one's penis would seek medical attention. I'm glad your doing okay!
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 739

Unread postby Auralnauts » 19th January, 2018, 9:55 am

You are lucky you haven't contracted anything else, Portuguese twink. Refer to the safe sex thread.

"Gives the best advice"
-No one
Auralnauts
No interesting title here.

Likes received: 9

Unread postby Lightboy » 19th January, 2018, 2:12 pm

Thanks for sharing that experience! Some people really ignore the dangers even if they are aware and I think this might be able to make them rethink twice! Hope all goes well for you till now :heart:

Lightboy
Compulsive Hugger

First name: Fady
Likes received: 59

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Brandwatch [Bot], Cobalt, CommonCrawl [Bot], Influp, ItsMeJack, miyosho, NppSt, Proximic [Bot], say10, Twitter [Bot], Yahoo [Bot], zachattack201 and 779 guests