Moderator Announcements

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Re: Moderator Announcements

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 21st February, 2017, 4:25 pm

We have decided to allow 'guests' to enter the chat room, because we feel that if people get to know the users in chat first they might be more willing to make an account. Since this scheme's implementation, we've already had one new user who was first a chat guest, so we're hopeful it'll be successful. Be nice to newbies!

Obviously this makes chat more vulnerable to shady types, so be vigilant if they do come in. If no mod/community ambassador is on the forum then most of us are only a Facebook message away.

We're more than happy to receive positive/negative feedback with respect to this, but we're optimistic it'll help.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 574

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Jacketh » 20th August, 2017, 12:14 pm

Dessy has decided to stepdown as a Moderator (hence why we appointed Kaspar recently). I think we can all agree Des has been a fine Moderator. Thank you for your time and efforts, Des!
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 627

Unread postby Jacketh » 31st August, 2017, 6:19 am

Cobalt is no longer a Moderator. Thanks for your time and energy, JT. :)
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Jacketh » 1st November, 2017, 1:15 pm

We are very happy with Discord activity & the way guests have fitted in to the community by following the link on the homepage. We must remember though, that is the forum's chat.

Therefore, we are creating a rule that guests have 7 days to sign up & create an introduction thread on the forum. They should not be immediately pressured, but if a guest has stuck around on the Discord for a few days - encourage them to sign up. If not, they will be removed after the 7 days.

Thanks.
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Jacketh » 15th November, 2017, 4:04 am

KrisCross has decided to step down as a Moderator due to time commitments. Whilst not that active the last couple of months, Kris has been an amazing Moderator, and I hope we see him back either as staff or as a member in the future.

Freakism has also been removed as a Community Ambassador due to time commitments.

We are making it easier to send in complaints about users on the Discord, and they may be anonymous. I've not set it up just yet, but there will be a link on the #gayteenforum channel in which you can detail the complaint and provide screenshots.

Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Tim. » 21st November, 2017, 6:32 am

After discussion among Moderators, it has been decided to give George a one month ban for the following reasons.
-Inappropriate behaviour as a staff member.
-Continuous patterns of disruptive behaviour.
-Evidence of inaccurate manipulation of facts among multiple members in an attempt to cause feuds and drama.

Tim.
The Southern Moderator

First name: Tim
Likes received: 150

Unread postby Jacketh » 21st November, 2017, 12:22 pm

Am delighted to announce Cobalt is back as a Moderator :) Although he hasn't been tremendously active over the last 12 months and ultimately stepped down, JT does have 20,000 posts and has assured me that he is looking forward to getting back into the community and meeting the newer members :keke: He's an experienced head and I'm looking forward to him helping out with the Year Cup and having him back around again :awesome:

As JT previously won a confirmation poll and was told when he was moved to Emeriti that he is welcome back if he feels he has the necessary time - no confirmation poll is necessary :)
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 4th December, 2017, 11:11 am

I am also very happy to announce that Jonathan, who needs no introduction, has returned to active status as a moderator. :awesome:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 255

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 13th December, 2017, 8:35 pm

The administrators and moderators have made a unanimous decision to permanently ban Ethan / Unseasoned Chicken / Dua Lipa.

He has previously had no fewer than 8 warnings and 2 temporary bans of escalating duration (most recently for more than 2 months), for reasons including, but not limited to:
  • The use of racist and aggressive slurs;
  • Persistent harassment;
  • Searching for and publishing private or identifying information about other members;
  • Intentionally triggering people with mental health problems;
  • Unusually cruel bullying, especially of people with mental health problems. In particular, people who have (or who he thinks appear to have) autism-spectrum conditions appear to be his favourite victims.

Earlier today, the following interaction was reported to us independently by multiple very concerned members:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Discord screenshot

Also of note is the following:

Apparently, even this is the nice, caring version that he's faking until New Year, after which things will go back to being even worse.

This guy has no shame. He seems to completely lack self-awareness. He appears to be a sadist.

I will not allow anyone to turn GTF into a hostile environment for vulnerable teenagers.

I am all for second chances, and Ethan has had many. He just doesn't seem to care at all, and 8 warnings and 2 bans of escalating duration have made no difference in his behaviour, except for a slight, calculated, temporary improvement after which he knows he will get banned again when he dials it back up. On purpose. :shake:

Ironically, Ethan is probably suffering from some serious mental health problems himself. I hope he eventually gets the professional help that he needs, and that no one will make fun of him.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 15th December, 2017, 8:56 am

I understand some people are still unclear about the reasons for Ethan / Unseasoned Chicken / Dua Lipa's ban.

Full details are in the post above, but crucially, I would like to stress:

Ethan openly admitted that he planned to get banned after New Year.

Anyone who's sad that he's gone, take note: he didn't intend to stay here with us in the first place.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

Previous

Recently active