TV Show of the Moment

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Re: TV Show of the Moment

Unread postby Tim. » 28th August, 2016, 9:41 am

rxxli wrote:I was just watching the first two episodes of Barracuda. Australians can make a really nice TV show/miniseries when they try.

It's an interesting show about young swimmers. It basically means that the whole show is packed with guys in speedos all the time and there are so many homoerotic scenes in there. I also know that the main character is very likely a pure homo (I haven't yet seen the rest to know for sure). But those looks that he gives one of his friends/teammates/enemies (pick one) lead me to believe that he wants to have butsecks with him. Plus when he wins the world record he says to him (while they are hugging): "I did it for you".

I smell drama coming up.

If I am right they actually made a top level jock an LGBT character in a TV show. One that isn't obviously gay. The horror.

Otherwise the whole thing is a combination of high production and indie movie making. Pacing feels somewhat indie/low budget while beautiful underwater shots (and the fact that the guy playing ra's al ghul in arrow is the coach) say otherwise.

I've yet to watch the final episode, but I enjoyed the first 3. I really need to get my act together and watch the finale. The penultimate episode seemed to continue the theme of slowly building towards the drama, so I am expecting quite a lot to go down in episode 4. The hot guys in speedos is nice, plus it's always great to see your home city represented on film.

Tim.
White Tupac

First name: Tim
Likes received: 130

Unread postby rxxli » 28th August, 2016, 6:47 pm

Tim. wrote:I've yet to watch the final episode, but I enjoyed the first 3. I really need to get my act together and watch the finale. The penultimate episode seemed to continue the theme of slowly building towards the drama, so I am expecting quite a lot to go down in episode 4. The hot guys in speedos is nice, plus it's always great to see your home city represented on film.

I watched the final episode today. It definitely continued the drama. It also didn't go quite as I expected it to go, but that was to be expected at the end of episode 3. There was one scene with the coach that made me fucking cry. And you definitely know that you have a good show when it makes you cry.

I would definitely like them to make a second season of it. But I am sure that it won't happen, even though they left enough wiggle room to do that.

The Australian cinema always seems to leave that bitter-sweet aftertaste when you finish the show/movie. It's definitely something that you remember, but it's not the happiest thing in the world. I remember watching the final episode of Sea Patrol and it left me an emotional wreck. Just like this one.
rxxli
The Defender of Europe

First name: Andrej
Likes received: 53

Unread postby Vortex » 9th September, 2016, 6:39 pm

The Twilight Zone. Me and my dad used to watch the New Year's marathon back when we loved each other </3

But yeah, I just finished the episode with this evil 7 year old boy who basically has god powers, and terrorizes everyone in his town by cutting them off from the world, creating horrific creatures, banishing people to "the corn field" if he dislikes them. Spooky.
ImageImageImage

Ebsy wrote:Leave it to losers on Twitter to complain about being pandered to. You're supposed to complain when someone panders to others, not to you.
[4:46 AM] Saint Drogo: Also, you've got a strangely appealing asshole. I'll give you that much.
[6:03 AM] Pity: Omg... stop making me sound like a racist idiot
[4:51 AM] Scherzy: jerk off to clinton in the safety of your own bedroom luv
[2:56 PM] Saint Drogo: Literally let me use my cock as a paintbrush and my unborn children as paint.
Vortex
Saint Drogo's mistress.

First name: Da'Neil Boxley
Likes received: 263

Unread postby Dessy » 9th September, 2016, 6:46 pm

Star Trek marathon right now BBCA :smitten:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby Angelic Haze » 10th September, 2016, 12:14 am

The originals is what I've currently been binge watching. Not sure what it is I like about it other than its pretty basic themes. I guess it's like if the film Underworld was a little more tame and was a TV show.

Also have to mention the From Dusk Till Dawn TV series. Oh my fuck is it so good, and season 3 has literally just started. Would highly recommend.
Angelic Haze
Naturally Scummy

First name: Kaine
Likes received: 12

Unread postby rxxli » 15th September, 2016, 8:18 pm

I was just watching the summer finale of The Fosters... Jesus fucking christ. This was way too much drama for such a show. It's supposed to be a fucking light family drama not "fuck up so many storylines per episode" drama. I am pretty sure that they fucked up every single characters storyline in this episode. And I am sure that they are going to unfuck most of those right after the summer break. But seriously? Was this necessary? Most TV shows give us one cliffhanger not 5.

I. HATE. CLIFFHANGERS.
rxxli
The Defender of Europe

Unread postby rxxli » 29th October, 2016, 10:42 pm

They finally did it. They made a sci-fi TV show with cute lead gay characters.

Class really reminds me of Torchwood, and is far from what I was expecting it to be. It's a bit too bloody for my liking but I'll get over that as long as it remains this good. The humor is nice, the stories are interesting and Greg Austin... How can he be fucking married? I want him. :cry: . At least I can enjoy him in scenes like this:

Anyways. If you haven't watched class and even remotely like Doctor Who you have to watch this. I think it will continue the tradition of who spinoffs being better than the actual main show.
rxxli
The Defender of Europe

Unread postby Jaccob2001 » 31st October, 2016, 7:46 am

Last edited by Jaccob2001 on 12th April, 2017, 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jaccob2001

First name: Jaccob
Likes received: 5

Unread postby rxxli » 31st October, 2016, 10:56 am

Jaccob2001 wrote:^
I watched the trailer and it looks interesting.
Me and DW don't get along though so...

But I hope Class stays good and the other shows you like too so that you keep enjoying watching em.
(cos your tips on how to use GTF are awesome)
( ❛ᴗ❛ )

:lol:

I think the show can work on it's own just as well. So you probably don't need to know much about the Whoniverse. Though there are a few references that you won't get if you are not a fan.
rxxli
The Defender of Europe

Unread postby rxxli » 5th November, 2016, 10:56 pm

I am just going to continue my monologue here....

I've watched episode 4 of Class.

Oh. My. Fucking. God. The last few minutes were just jaw dropping. I really didn't have a clue what will happen. It definitely had me on the edge of my seat.

I think that this TV show has officially made it into my top three TV shows of all time. It's just purely awesome.

Now for the bad stuff. I don't like how Charlie was acting in this episode. A bit too royal for my taste. And... I think they are going to kill off Matteusz by the end of this season. Possibly in the 6th or 8th episode - judging by the things said (by the cast) at the London comic-con. The fact that he is not a series regular and the new trailer do not help either.

But seriously. Comments anyone?
rxxli
The Defender of Europe

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 6th November, 2016, 1:35 am

Class just keeps getting better! Charlie and Matteusz are so damn cute and stealing the show, but April and Ram are so perfect as well I love it. They connected over their loss and trauma, and I think they have a really great relationship - which will be great to see play out after the end of this episode.

I have also started watching Netflix's The Crown. It's just brilliant! Claire Foy and Matt Smith were brilliant pieces of casting, and they work so well together. They have a such a great dynamic as Elizabeth and Philip. The cinematography and music is just absolutely stunning. There are some really brilliant moments of dialogue, and even the moments between Elizabeth and Winston Churchill are just so incredible to watch. I am really excited to see where they take this show.
do you hear that? that is the sound of all of our history-loving brits collectively jizzing over this show
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 344

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 7th November, 2016, 12:09 am

And I have just finished The Crown. It was absolutely amazing. Everything about it was perfect. Claire Foy and John Lithgow should be given awards for their performances in Episode 9, they were absolutely stunning and moving. Netflix has outdone itself this time, any Royal biopic now has a whole lot to live up to.

TheBrunswickian

Unread postby Elgar » 8th November, 2016, 12:08 pm

Son of Zorn
Elgar

Likes received: 1

Unread postby muddylegs » 8th November, 2016, 12:11 pm

I rewatched all of Futurama recently :P Bloody fantastic show. The later seasons got kind of bad, but the final episode absolutely made up for all that.
[6:50 PM] Flaggermus: muddy you cant just lynch people
[11:09 AM] TheWoahAlex: you can't lynch everyone!
[9:14 PM] Mestaris: MUDDY YOU CANT LYNCH PEOPLE. LYNCHING PEOPLE IS NOT A SOLUTION
[2:32 PM] Zefare: Muddy, you can't just lynch people!
[2:23 PM] bettasnail: you have a thing for lynching ppl don't you
[7:59 PM] AwesomeCDog: muddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy not everyone is ready and willing to hurt others
[9:42 PM] matiboi96: Lol rob you can't just order someone to amputate themselves!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[5:32 PM] Tyler: Fuck me sideways and call me grandma

[7:38 PM] Mestaris: your fetishes are worse than mine

Scherzy wrote:wonderfully creative, awesomely cute, horribly funny, uncomfortably morbid, relatively fucked-up, and outright twisted
muddylegs
Coca-Cola Poster BOY

Likes received: 140

Unread postby rxxli » 3rd December, 2016, 9:26 pm

Season finale of class was purely epic.

There is nothing more to say than that. It was one of the best things I've seen in a while.
rxxli
The Defender of Europe

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 3rd December, 2016, 10:33 pm

rxxli wrote:Season finale of class was purely epic.

There is nothing more to say than that. It was one of the best things I've seen in a while.

my heart. i can't. it's broken. i'm just... i just... :wtc:

TheBrunswickian

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 3rd December, 2016, 10:36 pm

I also have to give a whole tonne of praise to Madam Secretary. My absolute favourite show, it's just brilliant. A lot of people draw parallels between the main character - Elizabeth McCord - and Hillary Clinton, but apart from looks and they way they hold themselves, I don't think there is all that much the same about them. I think Bess is modelled more on Madeline Albright (who made a cameo appearance in Season 2), but the show-runners say they drew from all three female Secretaries of State.

TheBrunswickian

Unread postby rxxli » 4th December, 2016, 6:48 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:

I just hope that they get a second season. And that Matteusz still loves Charlie after these events.
rxxli
The Defender of Europe

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 4th December, 2016, 6:09 pm

rxxli wrote:
TheBrunswickian wrote:

I just hope that they get a second season. And that Matteusz still loves Charlie after these events.

They need a second season after that April reveal like omfg

TheBrunswickian

Unread postby Strider » 23rd December, 2016, 11:16 am

The Exorcist has been adapted into a TV show by Fox. It's great.

I'm also watching Westworld - fucking brilliant.
Strider
Veritas vos liberabit

Likes received: 6

PreviousNext

Recently active