Apple Special Event Thread

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Apple Special Event Thread

Unread postby Dolly » 12th September, 2017, 1:10 pm

Apple is live now releasing their changes at Apple and likely announcing the newest lines of iPhones, iOS, and possibly more.

You can watch the live stream here:
https://www.apple.com/apple-events/sept ... aosid=p238

Discuss below!
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 531

Team: The Wild West

Re: Apple Special Event Thread

Unread postby Jacketh » 12th September, 2017, 1:16 pm

I would only care if I could afford it
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 627

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 12th September, 2017, 1:22 pm

Using disabled, blacks and women for advertising I see u apple u aint slick
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 649

Unread postby joshe » 12th September, 2017, 2:36 pm

IPhone 8 is exactly the same as the 7, almost laughable. IPhone X is a carbon copy of Galaxy S8/Note 8
joshe
GTF's Gayby

First name: JOSHUA
Likes received: 27

Unread postby Jacketh » 12th September, 2017, 5:24 pm

joshe wrote:IPhone 8 is exactly the same as the 7, almost laughable. IPhone X is a carbon copy of Galaxy S8/Note 8

Pretty much!

Honestly, I think I'm done with Apple. How restrictive they've become is really pissing me off.
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby c70 » 12th September, 2017, 6:15 pm

The most interesting thing for me was the facial scanning. 2 Years ahead of the competition in that regard.
Look I finally got a profile picture :D
c70

First name: Thomas
Likes received: 20

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 12th September, 2017, 6:36 pm

$999 is not the same as £999. Let's not exploit the Brits please, Apple xo

Also are you seriously telling me people nowadays are willing to spend several hundred pounds to avoid the momentary inconvenience that is typing a 4-digit pin? Am I supposed to be excited, because all I'm feeling is despair?
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 574

Unread postby KrisCross » 12th September, 2017, 7:40 pm

Jacketh wrote:
joshe wrote:IPhone 8 is exactly the same as the 7, almost laughable. IPhone X is a carbon copy of Galaxy S8/Note 8

Pretty much!

Honestly, I think I'm done with Apple. How restrictive they've become is really pissing me off.

The X looks a thousand times better than the s8 :err: The iPhone X is honestly the sexiest phone I've seen in years

I'm also pissed off at how expensive Apple is, but I'm way more pissed off at how horrible other OS are. Android is horrid.
KrisCross
Moderator Emeriti

Likes received: 246

Unread postby Wayde » 12th September, 2017, 11:58 pm

Honestly, I switched to Samsung last time around and I'm going back this time. Beyond my preferences in the software and OS and such, there's just something about an iPhone. So much smoother to use and just seems nicer. I don't know if I will spring for the X or just go for the 8 Plus (Or wait till next year), but I am definitely going back to Apple. I gave Android a fair chance and just wasn't happy enough to stick with them.
Wayde
A Witty User Title™

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 23

Team: The Far East

Unread postby Jacketh » 13th September, 2017, 1:36 am

Wayde wrote:Honestly, I switched to Samsung last time around and I'm going back this time. Beyond my preferences in the software and OS and such, there's just something about an iPhone. So much smoother to use and just seems nicer. I don't know if I will spring for the X or just go for the 8 Plus (Or wait till next year), but I am definitely going back to Apple. I gave Android a fair chance and just wasn't happy enough to stick with them.

I'm considering going to Android next time, don't tell me this :err:

What I hate about the iPhone is how quickly you get one and it feels outdated. I'm on the 6, and it feels like yesterday I got it TBH. But I can feel it slowing down after every update now. It's almost like they force you to update. It happened with the iPhone 4 I had as well.

They force you to upgrade and I hate it.
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby KrisCross » 13th September, 2017, 8:03 am

Jacketh wrote:I'm considering going to Android next time, don't tell me this :err:

What I hate about the iPhone is how quickly you get one and it feels outdated. I'm on the 6, and it feels like yesterday I got it TBH. But I can feel it slowing down after every update now. It's almost like they force you to update. It happened with the iPhone 4 I had as well.

That's odd cause my 5s still works only marginally less fast than it did in the beginning. Sure it randomly restarts itself once a day, the camera is full of dust and completely broke down once (which luckily could be solved by force updating), which is why I'm starting to save up for a replacement, but the phone is 4 years old, which is ancient by smartphone terms, and still works a lot faster than my mom's medium range phone.

The reason I'm not absolutely disgusted investing that much in a phone is because my current iphone served me really well for almost 4 years.
KrisCross
Moderator Emeriti

Likes received: 246

Unread postby joshe » 14th September, 2017, 3:46 pm

Jacketh wrote:
Wayde wrote:Honestly, I switched to Samsung last time around and I'm going back this time. Beyond my preferences in the software and OS and such, there's just something about an iPhone. So much smoother to use and just seems nicer. I don't know if I will spring for the X or just go for the 8 Plus (Or wait till next year), but I am definitely going back to Apple. I gave Android a fair chance and just wasn't happy enough to stick with them.

I'm considering going to Android next time, don't tell me this :err:

Got the Galaxy S8 last time around, after being a die hard apple fan since the iPhone 3 release I love it.
joshe
GTF's Gayby

First name: JOSHUA
Likes received: 27

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 14th September, 2017, 6:32 pm

KrisCross wrote:
Jacketh wrote:I'm considering going to Android next time, don't tell me this :err:

That's odd cause my 5s still works only marginally less fast than it did in the beginning. Sure it randomly restarts itself once a day, the camera is full of dust and completely broke down once (which luckily could be solved by force updating), which is why I'm starting to save up for a replacement, but the phone is 4 years old, which is ancient by smartphone terms, and still works a lot faster than my mom's medium range phone.

The reason I'm not absolutely disgusted investing that much in a phone is because my current iphone served me really well for almost 4 years.

Same tbh, I have a 5s and I really havent been able to justify upgrading whilst it still works perfectly fine, although it also has been randomly restarting lately :rip: I'll probably upgrade around Christmas time.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 649

Recently active