Put a face to that name!

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Put a face to that name!

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 26th September, 2017, 7:19 pm

It's time to put a face to that name GTF!

Most of the GTF Revival goes on behind closed doors but now we need you.
Forums are a scary and unknown place for many teens in in the younger generation and other gay forums are notoriously filled with predators and old men :( , so we think a way to make GTF more appealing once people arrive is for our members to have pics of themselves as their avatars, It humanises us and lets them know right away that we are indeed a place full of lovely young people and not creeps :eli:

Obviously this is in no way compulsory or even expected of you as we understand a lot of people aren't comfortable showing their faces or aren't out etc.. but if you are in a position where you can, then we would really appreciate it :)

I would like to point out that if you're extremely paranoid (like me) about someone you know joining and recognising you, Jack reckons it's only happened 1 or 2 times in the whole time he's been on GTF =)
As you can see below most of our staff have already switched their avatars in the last few weeks.

Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 648

Re: Put a face to that name!

Unread postby mvmaree9 » 26th September, 2017, 7:26 pm

put a big pic of me on here bc im so hot
mvmaree9

First name: Mary
Likes received: 18

Unread postby Deither » 26th September, 2017, 8:52 pm

my pic is pretty much me tbh

ImageImage

The only two time official winner of GTF's Powertop award
Deither
Knope's Ben Wyatt

Likes received: 29

Unread postby Corrdorr » 26th September, 2017, 10:55 pm

Unseasoned Chicken wrote:I would like to point out that if you're extremely paranoid (like me) about someone you know joining and recognising you, Jack reckons it's only happened 1 or 2 times in the whole time he's been on GTF =)

Why would anyone want to recognize you? Wouldn't want that association tbh :rip:
but yes good idea
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr
House Cup Judge Howl

First name: Corey
Likes received: 78

Unread postby c70 » 26th September, 2017, 11:05 pm

I think its a good idea. However something I will point out, please use a separate picture for GTF than you do any other site. If you use the same profile picture here that you do on Facebook, Instagram, etc. People can run it through google images (or a more in-depth image searching site) and POSSIBLY find your GTF profile that way. Not sure how well GTF is setup to deter that, however rather safe than sorry.
Look I finally got a profile picture :D
c70

First name: Thomas
Likes received: 16

Recently active