New Moderator Confirmation Poll - Sokol

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Do you agree with the decision to make Sokol a moderator?

Poll ended at 12th January, 2018, 12:58 pm

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes : 35

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll - Sokol

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 7th January, 2018, 8:45 pm

I think the point me and Dolly agree on most is that he is capable of being a Moderator, however, both of us want to see a bit more activity since he just came back in the last week or so. I think another 1-2 weeks of the same good work is enough to get me completely sold on his promotion.
I am by no means on a anti-Sokol campaign and Dolly isn't either. When it comes to something like a mod poll, I personally feel I have to try and disregard every single personal feeling toward them and give my overall feeling for the greater good of the community. Again, me and Dolly seem to only feel like he needs to be here a bit longer after his break, everything else is greenlighted for me at this time
Last edited by CRUSTY SEA MILF on 7th January, 2018, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
3 / 28

Unread postby Cobalt » 7th January, 2018, 9:47 pm

Why are y'all even shading me as part of your explanations lol

Granted you don't SEE half of this, but I am active in modchat every single day, pop into discord at least once a day even if I don't stay for hours on end, and I'm running games and working on several approaches towards increasing activity behind the scenes.

Inactive where???
Cobalt
Momderator

Likes received: 299

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 7th January, 2018, 9:48 pm

Anyway Sokol and Temi will make fantastic mods and have clearly demonstrated they have the bright personalities and work ethic to do so.

Sorry that Pity is still bitter about the fact that he will never become a moderator.
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 7th January, 2018, 9:53 pm

Yes, by supporting Temi and not Sokol, I am clearly bitter about not being made moderator. You are so intelligent and pleasant, JT.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 850

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 7th January, 2018, 9:55 pm

Dolly wrote:Yes, by supporting Temi and not Sokol, I am clearly bitter about not being made moderator. You are so intelligent and pleasant, JT.

Sokol has clearly explained his recent lapse in activity, or do you expect him to be posting in threads every single day and being ever-present when he's in the middle of finals?

Quit your unrealistic expectations.
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 7th January, 2018, 10:04 pm

Many people have finals and still have the chance to post or talk every once in a while. I would like to see him prove he will be active enough to be a moderator by reviewing him over the next few weeks like Brennan and I have repeated previously.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 7th January, 2018, 10:06 pm

Dolly wrote:Many people have finals and still have the chance to post or talk every once in a while. I would like to see him prove he will be active enough to be a moderator by reviewing him over the next few weeks like Brennan and I have repeated previously.

Right, well "trial mode" isn't an option here. As a more than capable CA Sokol has already proven himself, and the poll is reflecting that quite accurately.
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 7th January, 2018, 10:10 pm

A trial mode is available; it’s called being CA. There is no reason to rush to dissemble the CA team. I can always change my vote when I feel he is back on track.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 7th January, 2018, 10:11 pm

Dolly wrote:A trial mode is available; it’s called being CA. There is no reason to rush to dissemble the CA team. I can always change my vote when I feel he is back on track.

Well what you want isn’t what’s going to happen, because the poll is enormously in Sokol’s favor. Sorry, but you don’t get final say on procedures around here lmao
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 7th January, 2018, 10:13 pm

Don’t ask for voters to elaborate on their decisions then. I will say that I believe the current voters are too impulsive and have not given this proper thought.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Tim. » 7th January, 2018, 10:53 pm

Dolly, everyone has their inactive periods, even mods, For various reasons. Primarily just been real life always takes priority over a web forum, even for staff. Inactivity only becomes a problem if it’s excessive or they disappear off the map completely. Rest assured the entire staff team (even those of us who have not been as publically active of late :rip:) has been active in staff chat, discussing any issues and how we can make the place better, as well as responding to spammers and creeps on the forums/discord.

Essentially activity is not a concern with these candidates, and part of the reason we decided to consolidate these CAs into the moderator ranks was because of their great activity and dedication whilst in that role.
Tim.
The Southern Ex-Moderator

Likes received: 201

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 7th January, 2018, 10:57 pm

Cobalt wrote:Why are y'all even shading me as part of your explanations lol

Granted you don't SEE half of this, but I am active in modchat every single day, pop into discord at least once a day even if I don't stay for hours on end, and I'm running games and working on several approaches towards increasing activity behind the scenes.

Inactive where???

I would like to point out that JT puts in a lot of work with Mafia, it's a lot more than just posting in 12 and 36 hour increments, and is really good at responding to PMs or issues/questions I've sent his way
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
3 / 28

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 8th January, 2018, 7:52 am

When a user has been highly and consistently active for months, and very understandably inactive for just a couple of weeks, I’m inclined to give more weight to the former than the latter.

Besides, is a sometimes inactive mod necessarily a bad thing? With five others, we are easily able to take on the burden when they’re not around, just as they are able to do so when a different mod becomes inactive. What we ought to be looking at is the likelihood of a mod losing interest all together (Phil, Josh, etc.); I’d be much more interested in evidence suggesting this will be the case with Sokol, though given his enthusiasm for the forum, I think it’s unlikely a convincing argument will be made.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 784

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 8th January, 2018, 1:01 pm

Tim. wrote:Dolly, everyone has their inactive periods, even mods, For various reasons. Primarily just been real life always takes priority over a web forum, even for staff. Inactivity only becomes a problem if it’s excessive or they disappear off the map completely. Rest assured the entire staff team (even those of us who have not been as publically active of late :rip:) has been active in staff chat, discussing any issues and how we can make the place better, as well as responding to spammers and creeps on the forums/discord.

Essentially activity is not a concern with these candidates, and part of the reason we decided to consolidate these CAs into the moderator ranks was because of their great activity and dedication whilst in that role.

Part of being a moderator is engaging with the community. Even a few good quality posts every so often would be enough, but you haven't posted anything of substance in weeks and have not been on Discord even longer than that. It really isn't difficult to stay active on a Facebook staff chat...
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 8th January, 2018, 1:21 pm

Dolly wrote:
Tim. wrote:Dolly, everyone has their inactive periods, even mods, For various reasons. Primarily just been real life always takes priority over a web forum, even for staff. Inactivity only becomes a problem if it’s excessive or they disappear off the map completely. Rest assured the entire staff team (even those of us who have not been as publically active of late :rip:) has been active in staff chat, discussing any issues and how we can make the place better, as well as responding to spammers and creeps on the forums/discord.

Part of being a moderator is engaging with the community. Even a few good quality posts every so often would be enough, but you haven't posted anything of substance in weeks and have not been on Discord even longer than that. It really isn't difficult to stay active on a Facebook staff chat...

And not every moderator has to be engaged with the community ALL OF THE TIME.

Like, what do you not get about that?

You can still contribute to running this place if you've been quiet on the public side of things for a bit. Tim does a fine job of weighing in on important discussions and I for one very much value his opinion.
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 8th January, 2018, 1:23 pm

I completely understand that it is unreasonable to expect him to be active all the time, but not having posted in weeks is a clear sign of inactivity. I do think this thread is being de-railed since Tim. is another case altogether.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 8th January, 2018, 2:13 pm

Dolly wrote:I completely understand that it is unreasonable to expect him to be active all the time, but not having posted in weeks is a clear sign of inactivity. I do think this thread is being de-railed since Tim. is another case altogether.

He's made 8.5 pages worth of GTF posts in since the 15th December (we'll call that "weeks") and has sent 2525 Discord messages. Not the most active, but he has certainly "posted" in the last few weeks despite his relative inactivity. Perhaps you're not on at the same times, or you simply don't notice him.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 8th January, 2018, 2:19 pm

JonathanT88 wrote:
Dolly wrote:I completely understand that it is unreasonable to expect him to be active all the time, but not having posted in weeks is a clear sign of inactivity. I do think this thread is being de-railed since Tim. is another case altogether.

He's made 8.5 pages worth of GTF posts in since the 15th December (we'll call that "weeks") and has sent 2525 Discord messages. Not the most inactive, but he has certainly posted in the last few weeks despite his relative inactivity. Perhaps you're not on at the same times, or you simply don't notice him.

The receipts!!! :smitten:
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 8th January, 2018, 2:37 pm

Cobalt wrote:
JonathanT88 wrote:

He's made 8.5 pages worth of GTF posts in since the 15th December (we'll call that "weeks") and has sent 2525 Discord messages. Not the most inactive, but he has certainly posted in the last few weeks despite his relative inactivity. Perhaps you're not on at the same times, or you simply don't notice him.

The receipts!!! :smitten:

I was talking about Tim, not Sokol.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 8th January, 2018, 2:40 pm

Dolly wrote:I was talking about Tim, not Sokol.

Whoops!
Gudrun wrote:

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], CRUSTY SEA MILF, Estaphel, Fadi, FireMonkey45, Gantrypengy, Gavin, George, jacob, JuhO, ladonna, Linkdex [Bot], Luke, Petre, samwilliams2352, sethsorrenson, Shayla, Sporksel, Woollyhoolly, Yandex Images [Bot] and 126 guests