an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Sturgeon » 30th January, 2018, 2:19 pm

This was originally going to be a private message to Jesse, and perhaps it would have been viewed as more sincere and less self-gratifying if it had ended up as such. However, I have decided to post my apology to the forum publicly for a few reasons.

Firstly, the rise of Discord as the forum's main facet of user interaction has arguably made the way GTFers choose to interact with each other appear less meaningful and consequential, as any off-hand comment made about another user will quickly whiz up the chat and will be quickly forgotten, at least by those it isn't addressed to. This is opposed to the nature of the main forum, as demonstrated by how I've been able to sift through every comment I have ever made as a way of reflecting on my behaviour towards another forum member.

Additionally, and definitely related to Discord's growing prevalence as the forums most active feature, there has been a distinct absence of any positive and wholesome threads for a while now. It is perhaps disheartening to see that the only real activity on the main site is on the anonymous GTFess and SYG threads respectively. The use of such threads to try and stir tensions whilst also voiding oneself of all personal responsibility or fear of reprisal has, I believe, been of great detriment to the community. This, paired with the fact that the majority of current active members of GTF joined after ascension of the Discord Age, have meant that it has become less important to build a positive reputation through carefully deliberated posts on the main site.

Finally, my current increase in activity on GTF has been spurred on by several different things going on in my life over the past month, chiefly stemming from my new life at university, that have caused me to come back here, in part, to feel part of an old and familiar community. Therefore, to move on and re-introduce myself back into the community would not feel right without addressing and apologising for my past interactions with TheBrunswickian, who I believe I have acted deliberately antagonistic toward for no real reason.

I hope this public admission of fault will perhaps urge others to think about how they themselves act or have acted on this site.




Hey Jesse,

I just wanted to PM you to apologise for the comment I made about you on the read thread, later reconsideration made me realise how cuntish it was. Particularly since I skipped the last posting member just to make it.

Furthermore, I want to apologise more generally for the hostility I've exhibited toward you. You might not remember but our initial interactions, particularly in the video chat, were pretty amicable as exhibited by your very first SYG on me:
merkel: ahhh sam. you're fun you crazy son of a bitch.


However, I made the deliberate choice to be hostile toward, you. At first it was passive aggressive, then more direct.

The fact is I decided to do this because I saw you as some sort of embodiment of the SJW/Liberal movement which at the time I found my self staunchly opposed to. Because of this I gave no thought toward you as an individual who had their own emotions and preferences.

As you can see by the inclusion of links, I have spent a fair amount of the day reflecting on my past interactions with you, Jesse, and I must admit, seeing some of them makes me quite ashamed of myself. Although sometimes our back-and-forths could be quite comical but, at least for me, it wasn't coming out of a playful place, and I am really sorry for that.

I understand that, due to all the prior nastiness, we will probably never become great friends. However, I do hope that we may one day have nice and wholesome exchanges of acknowledgement such as this.

Take care. :hug:
Image
User avatar
Sturgeon
Road to Ruin
 
First name: Sam
Posts: 582
Likes received: 155
Joined: 20th February, 2016, 7:20 pm
Location: cool britannia
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Team: The Wild West

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 31st January, 2018, 12:44 am

omg sam :hug:
apology accepted if not totally needed. I appreciate your honesty and candor, it means a lot. You are right that we may never be close friends, but I do appreciate the fun aspects of our relationship and hope that those moments remain the norm. A little friendly banter never hurt anyone
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Sturgeon » 31st January, 2018, 1:31 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:omg sam :hug:
apology accepted if not totally needed. I appreciate your honesty and candor, it means a lot. You are right that we may never be close friends, but I do appreciate the fun aspects of our relationship and hope that those moments remain the norm. A little friendly banter never hurt anyone


Yay it was that easy.


see everyone if we can make it right after so long anyone can.
Image
User avatar
Sturgeon
Road to Ruin
 
First name: Sam
Posts: 582
Likes received: 155
Joined: 20th February, 2016, 7:20 pm
Location: cool britannia
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Team: The Wild West

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Sturgeon » 31st January, 2018, 2:08 am

Also now that I know Jesse has accepted my apology and balance has been restored, I can finally post the meme.

Image
Image
User avatar
Sturgeon
Road to Ruin
 
First name: Sam
Posts: 582
Likes received: 155
Joined: 20th February, 2016, 7:20 pm
Location: cool britannia
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Team: The Wild West

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby wolbre04 » 31st January, 2018, 2:11 am

Sturgeon wrote:Also now that I know Jesse has accepted my apology and balance has been restored, I can finally post the meme.

Image

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming
User avatar
wolbre04
Not the Serial Killer
 
First name: Brennan
Posts: 933
Likes received: 218
Joined: 1st November, 2017, 7:04 pm
Location: Probably Kevin's DMs / Minnesota
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 31st January, 2018, 8:20 am

I JUST FUCKING CHOKED ON MY WINE JESUS FUCK
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 31st January, 2018, 8:20 am

but im here for that meme
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby George » 31st January, 2018, 12:51 pm

this is adorable and that meme omfg
Image
Image Hi, I'm George. Never met Me before? ImageImage
User avatar
George
Diaper Rash
 
First name: George
Posts: 2132
Likes received: 176
Joined: 11th December, 2012, 11:56 am
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Cobalt » 1st February, 2018, 4:11 pm

Sturgeon wrote:Also now that I know Jesse has accepted my apology and balance has been restored, I can finally post the meme.

Image

SDLJFDBHOISKLFDNJXFBDOGIHWEJFKLSDNJVX :weep:
User avatar
Cobalt
Mafia Mom
 
Posts: 21135
Likes received: 182
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Far East

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Dolly » 3rd February, 2018, 1:54 pm



stop trying to act like some changed man because you can make a public apology for something nobody except jesse probably cared about. just PM him lmao.
Image
User avatar
Dolly
hotty & country singer
 
Posts: 3478
Likes received: 744
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Tennesee
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 4th February, 2018, 5:28 am

Hey Pity when are you going to apologise to me?
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Sturgeon » 4th February, 2018, 1:16 pm

Dolly wrote:


stop trying to act like some changed man because you can make a public apology for something nobody except jesse probably cared about. just PM him lmao.



really? and here I was thinking that you had rebranded your entire account to 'try to correct the mistakes made in the past that were both inappropriate and juvenile'.

Make no mistake, just because I apologised to Jesse doesn't mean I'm looking your way for any reconciliation. You are a cunt, with or without your makeover, and I will continue to let you know that for as long as you deem it necessary to interact directly with me on the forum or on the discord.

If you don't care don't comment. But I think you actually do because you make it your mission to post on any thread I make just to be a prat. You really should considering going back to your old name, because you're honestly pitiful.
Image
User avatar
Sturgeon
Road to Ruin
 
First name: Sam
Posts: 582
Likes received: 155
Joined: 20th February, 2016, 7:20 pm
Location: cool britannia
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Team: The Wild West

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 4th February, 2018, 6:14 pm

yaaas drama in a thread about me! when will this forum not!
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Calcifer » 4th February, 2018, 6:29 pm

Sturgeon wrote:You really should considering going back to your old name, because you're honestly pitiful.


:rofl:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Calcifer
Some Hypersexual Puppy Cat Thing
 
First name: Calum
Posts: 1001
Likes received: 70
Joined: 30th June, 2014, 3:12 pm
Location: England
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Team: The Far East

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Dolly » 4th February, 2018, 10:56 pm

lol tbf that was a really funny pun.

my point is that this thread is a huge waste of time and this server's resources. literally it's just a forum stop making a big deal out of some trivial, lab-grown beef between you and jesse.
Image
User avatar
Dolly
hotty & country singer
 
Posts: 3478
Likes received: 744
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Tennesee
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Jupiter » 5th February, 2018, 4:45 am

Dolly wrote:my point is that this thread is a huge waste of...this server's resources.


Yeah Sam I really think you should consider PMing and paypal'ing René the 0.00000000000000003p this thread has cost the forum.

I mean, after your PM too that might bring it up to 0.00000000000000005.
..
Jupiter
Member
 
Posts: 10221
Likes received: 748
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Solar System
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 5th February, 2018, 6:48 am

drama and roasting pity, y'all know what i love
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Jesse4Admin2020
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 3148
Likes received: 439
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Team: The Far East

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Sturgeon » 5th February, 2018, 11:38 am

Dolly wrote:my point is that this thread is a huge waste of time and this server's resources. literally it's just a forum stop making a big deal out of some trivial, lab-grown beef between you and jesse.


Well I'd say it's worth every penny now since it's given you another excuse to oppose me; let's not pretend that isn't what you actually want. This isn't about server resources at all, but if it was then I'd probably point to the fact you've had multiple threads wastelanded or flat-out deleted or something along those lines, as well as a few re-introduction threads in which you claim to be '50% less asshole' to which I'd probably say stop trying to act like some changed man because you can make a public apology if you can really call yours an apology for something. :nag:
Last edited by Sturgeon on 5th February, 2018, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Sturgeon
Road to Ruin
 
First name: Sam
Posts: 582
Likes received: 155
Joined: 20th February, 2016, 7:20 pm
Location: cool britannia
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Team: The Wild West

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Kaspar » 5th February, 2018, 11:41 am

:popcorn:
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Year Cup Judge / Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 2002
Likes received: 503
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland, almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: an open letter of apology to Jesse (TheBrunswickian)

Unread postby Dolly » 5th February, 2018, 1:03 pm

this thread isn't about me

it's about you trying virtue signal lmao bye
Image
User avatar
Dolly
hotty & country singer
 
Posts: 3478
Likes received: 744
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Tennesee
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Corrdorr, Facebook [Bot], Flower, ItsMeJack, Java1 [Bot], JonathanT88, Jupiter, Majestic-12 [Bot], Michael15, scottnesss, Seznam [Bot], Squipel, Yandex Images [Bot] and 154 guests