I'm resigning again

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

I'm resigning again

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 5th March, 2018, 10:59 am

Dear comrades,

I was planning on keeping this for summer, when I start working ridiculous hours at my jobs and my activity comes to an abrupt halt (as happened last year) or, if I managed to stutter on through to autumn, in October, when I go to university and inevitably find myself too-drunk-to-function, in terms of time spent here if not 4AM essays and regrettable-one-night-stands. I don't regret for one second returning as mod in November and like to thing I've been of some use. I'm aware the forum hasn't miraculously sprung back to life, but we have got two new snazzy young mods to replace the ageing last generation and Discord activity is booming. I'm sorry I couldn't swing Ethan's return to the forum; what a beautifully ugly spectacle that would have been. I'm sure the forum will move past and grow beyond my tenure here as moderator, as it has done to each great leader past (sarcasm intended, though if you think I am as described here, PM me further words of love and admiration).

I worry there is nothing to be done to save the forum, and if there is, I'm certainly not the person to administer the necessary reforms. I think what makes this place great is the sense of close community, the in-jokes, and the nights spent together chatting, weeping and comparing stories about our non-existent (or soon to be expired, in the case of some of our older clientele) sex lives. Who cares whether that happens on the clunky, but lovable, forum, or on the swish new Discord, which has not only inherited the charm of old chat, but has protected much of what makes/made the forum great (selfies, debate, etc.) from its potential demise.

This is the first of two things which has inspired my resignation. I have seen the feeling of complacency and aimlessness in past mods, and I know it's wrong to inflict that on the forum. This place needs people who want to do stuff, not somebody doing their job because of a feeling of obligation and a desire, in some ways, to maintain an atmosphere and status quo which may well have expired. While last time I had good reason to resign (I like to think it gave the administration a bit of a kick up the butt) I don't think I was fully ready; I found it frustrating not having a say, where now I feel more or less at peace with how I'm leaving this place. This hasn't been my feeling for long, but I want to resign content and can happily say I am doing so.

This is linked with my second reason: the feeling of slight disconnect with the forum and its current members, which means I'm not the best person to watch over the needs and wishes or the forum and current members. Most of the people I message on the forum are gone, and we talk over Facebook. There are lots of new users who are seemingly popular and recognised, whom I do not know. I feel suddenly, perhaps irrationally, that lots of the members here are younger than myself. I wish to stick around, chat to those who matter to me and continue to make news friends, but on my own terms, not because I'm obliged to due to the acceptance of a position I no longer want. You'll understand, it's hard to work to fix and improve a forum you can no longer engage in fully (for instance, I was dreading House Cup, don't particularly have the time nor desire to run events, etc.). I am no longer the best person to do the job, and I don't want to take up a position someone enthusiastic might want.

I like to think I've made enough on an impression on your, and now my, rulers that they'll consider asking me for advice every now and then. I've had a wonderful time doing what I can to help this forum in my time as mod, but I feel now is the time to resign. I hope you don't think I've been too shit, though I know I won't be too sorely missed. ;)

Adios, comrades.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 783

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: I'm resigning again

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 5th March, 2018, 11:00 am

I will now be taking bids from those who wish to ghost-write my autobiography.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby boiii » 5th March, 2018, 11:03 am

ImageImage
boiii
spiderboiiii

First name: Kamiel
Likes received: 251

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Gavin » 5th March, 2018, 11:19 am

Hell no you aren't.
All i need, is the love you breathe
put your lips on me,
and i can live underwater ~Mika

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

First name: Gavin
Likes received: 190

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
24 / 28

Unread postby Hierax » 5th March, 2018, 11:28 am

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into the forum for the past months. You've really been a help to me when I was struggling with some Mod shit :P and I'll turn to you for advice when needed in the future. :)
You'll be remembered as a great leader, Jonny. :keke:
ImageImage
Hierax
Flazéda

Likes received: 371

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
16 / 28

Unread postby Hierax » 5th March, 2018, 11:29 am

(At least Mod of the year will be mine)
ImageImage
Hierax
Flazéda

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
16 / 28

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 5th March, 2018, 11:32 am

Hierax wrote:Thanks for all the hard work you've put into the forum for the past months. You've really been a help to me when I was struggling with some Mod shit :P and I'll turn to you for advice when needed in the future. :)
You'll be remembered as a great leader, Jonny. :keke:

Thank you Sokol xoxox :heart:

I'll help you control this place from the shadows. You're the Stalin this place deserves.
Gudrun wrote:

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby KrisCross » 5th March, 2018, 11:33 am

Me, on my way to reclaim the position as mod, now that Jon's gone:

In all seriousness, I completely understand your reasoning, although that doesn't make it less sad to see you go. I do hope you stick around, even if it's just for a bit, I always enjoyed your presence on the forum. :hug:
KrisCross
Belgian Daddy

Likes received: 413

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 5th March, 2018, 11:34 am

^ same.

Jon, I very much loved having you here on the forum as a mod, and you have been a great help to me when I needed it. It’s sad to see you leave, but at least you’re leaving contently.

Fyi I’m not gonna stop messaging u tho, xx

Ciao, Caeser Jonathan.
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 152

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
27 / 28

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 5th March, 2018, 11:37 am

^if Sokol can be Stalin can I be Gtf’s Obama then?
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 152

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
27 / 28

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 5th March, 2018, 11:41 am

Woollyhoolly wrote:^if Sokol can be Stalin can I be Gtf’s Obama then?

I don't know if you've ever played Top Trumps, but in this case Sokol is the top and you are being well and truly trumped.

Don't get too excited, that means you're irrelevant.
Gudrun wrote:

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Hierax » 5th March, 2018, 11:43 am

JonathanT88 wrote:
Woollyhoolly wrote:^if Sokol can be Stalin can I be Gtf’s Obama then?

I don't know if you've ever played Top Trumps, but in this case Sokol is the top and you are being well and truly trumped.

Don't get too excited, that means you're irrelevant.

OUCH
ImageImage
Hierax
Flazéda

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
16 / 28

Unread postby George » 5th March, 2018, 12:11 pm

Jon I can remember when you were appointed, and I waited for you - like all mod candidates since - to prove me wrong on my prejudices and concerns. And you did, in spectacular fashion. Despite being younger than myself, you managed to outshine me with your maturity and your antics, and I am immensely grateful that I came to consider myself close to you. You have consistently been a voice of reason to me throughout, and I have appreciated your input. I hope that you don't disappear now you're resigning, but I am very thankful for all the effort you've put in <3
Image Hi, I'm George. Never met Me before? Image
George
Diaper Rash

First name: George
Likes received: 180

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Petre » 5th March, 2018, 12:18 pm

Good riddance.
Henry Clay compromised the being of the United States.
"The most towny, the most helpful, the best cooperative scum" (Kaspar, Mafia XXXIII): Image
Petre
Mafia A Rank

First name: Peter
Likes received: 144

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
10 / 14

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby Amadeus » 5th March, 2018, 12:27 pm

Kbry
No way to contact me anymore. I'm out.
Amadeus
Go Gay Or Go Home

First name: Amadeus
Likes received: 15

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 5th March, 2018, 12:57 pm

ugh now im gonna have to start fighting mods when they threaten to ban me

Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 843

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
12 / 28

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 5th March, 2018, 2:48 pm

I remember my first time encountering you was probably 2 weeks into my stay (around Nov. 15th). I just thought of you as "that guy with the homoerotic statue avatar" for probably a good week or so. I hadn't ever heard of you before, but I knew you had high standing in the community when practically everyone else was absolutely thrilled to see you and chat with ya.
Come Year Cup I knew you were on my team, but my early YC encounters were minimal, if any, and I soon spoke with you more and more often in chat. Over PMs I think we talked about how I had Scottish relatives who migrated from the Fersit area more than a century ago (which wasn't all that far from you) and we had a cool chat. While lately we haven't spoken much (largely due to me not wanting to bother you while you are traveling and w/ Pablo), I enjoyed our chats, both public and private. In addition to this, I have had some excellent conversations with you where one, or both of us were drunk, and all the hilarity and absurdity of those conversations.
I hope that, even when busy with Uni (Congrats on getting into Oxford!), you'll still have time to pop in here and there and at least help us remind the newbies (While I've only been here 4.5 months, I consider myself to be not much of a newbie) of some of the really awesome members that are busy and can't always be around.
You're a really brilliant kid(As you're not 18 yet iirc and I'm your Senior, so I can call you this :P ), but have knowledge and maturity beyond your years. At the same time, you're not robotic and boring, you have a lot of character and personality and can light up a room and draw others out of the dark corners that chat can create :D
Once I finally became a YC captain due to all the changes and shifts, you were reliable every week for submitting FF. I don't think I had to do anything more than ask if you had submitted it EVER. This was really great for me because it meant one less member I had to consistently kick down their door and bother them incessantly <3
As I mod, you were always reliable when I had an issue that needed resolving, a question about anything, or needed something done or communicated for me.
While we had a few small disagreements, I feel that you've done a great job as mod, and while I can't force you to return at least once and awhile (if you're very busy), I hope that we won't lose communication with you.
Take care of yourself and thanks for all you've done <3
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 415

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
12 / 28

Unread postby Dolly » 5th March, 2018, 3:14 pm

damn chill. he said he's resigning, not quitting^ :err:
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 843

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
12 / 28

Unread postby Jacketh » 5th March, 2018, 7:12 pm

Jon on his return to Moderation v now:

In all seriousness, a shame. Quite easily the best Moderator I worked alongside.(not because we often agreed or anything).

I respected that you always cared about maintaining the atmosphere by (like all Moderators should, and like I did) quickly learning the ethos René set out and the foundations the site was created on (examples being transparency, free speech, not throwing the book at members just for being jerks..., trying to prevent this place turning into a SJW convention ;)); I think part of that is because you managed to build up a relationship with René, which I think is pretty important as a Moderator and something that really helps (and he's awesome ). You completely get GTF imo, and you were never moderating for an ego-trip. From an outside perspective it seemed like you were bridging the gap between the newer Moderators and older ones, as you obviously had a connection and bond with both... so I'm not sure what the dynamic will be like without you and I hope for the sake of the site going forward that other Moderators share the same mentality and approach to the site that you did :dunno:
Jacketh

Likes received: 903

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

Unread postby Dessy » 5th March, 2018, 10:23 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes

First name: Des
Likes received: 357

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Next

Recently active