Video Games

The place for your music, films, television shows, and all things pop culture.

Re: Video Games - Let's Chat

Unread postby scottnesss » 7th March, 2017, 11:35 am

Ratchet and Clank is golden though! I seriously bought a PS2 last year just so i could replay Ratchet and Clank 3; Looking back, I had that gay boy fan thing for Courtney Gears... :awesome:

(please note, for some reason the only copy of this 1 minute clip I could find was a repeated 5 minute version...)
Image Image

scottnesss
I feel my User Title no longer defines me; please change xo

Likes received: 105

Unread postby KrisCross » 7th March, 2017, 1:55 pm

Dessy wrote:(Mercy is better!)

I'm jealous of anyone that have Zelda/Switch rn. But Horizon is keeping me tide over.

Oh you got HZD? I managed to play a bit more last weekend and I actually really like it. Just a bit of a shame that everything looks so gorgeous, but then some of the animations are kinda... iffy.

On topic of Zelda though, has anyone seen the the Metacritic user score? 7.5 right now, which is hella low compared to the 98% critic score. It's mostly just a lot of people giving 0's to bring the score down cause they don't like Ninty or whatever. Some user reviews literally say things like 'I never played it, but it's overrated!' or 'The reviewers are obviously paid.' or even giving it a 0 but saying it would have a 69-70 if it wasn't a Zelda game. :err: Normally I don't really care about user scores in the first place, but the discrepancy is really big this time.
KrisCross
Senior Moderator

Likes received: 231

Unread postby Patrixen » 7th March, 2017, 2:42 pm

[quote="scottnesss"]Ratchet and Clank is golden though! I seriously bought a PS2 last year just so i could replay Ratchet and Clank 3; Looking back, I had that gay boy fan thing for Courtney Gears... :awesome:

Bitch! I loved this song when I was a kid, now I'm just going to listen to it for at least 8 hours straight :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Patrixen

First name: Patryk
Likes received: 12

Unread postby George » 7th March, 2017, 3:42 pm

THE NEW CK2 EXPANSION LAUNCHED AND YOU CAN HAVE MASS EXECUTIONS

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE
Image Hi, I'm George. Never met Me before? Image
George
Diaper Rash

First name: George
Likes received: 106

Unread postby Dessy » 7th March, 2017, 7:27 pm

KrisCross wrote:
Dessy wrote:(Mercy is better!)

I'm jealous of anyone that have Zelda/Switch rn. But Horizon is keeping me tide over.

Oh you got HZD? I managed to play a bit more last weekend and I actually really like it. Just a bit of a shame that everything looks so gorgeous, but then some of the animations are kinda... iffy.

On topic of Zelda though, has anyone seen the the Metacritic user score? 7.5 right now, which is hella low compared to the 98% critic score. It's mostly just a lot of people giving 0's to bring the score down cause they don't like Ninty or whatever. Some user reviews literally say things like 'I never played it, but it's overrated!' or 'The reviewers are obviously paid.' or even giving it a 0 but saying it would have a 69-70 if it wasn't a Zelda game. :err: Normally I don't really care about user scores in the first place, but the discrepancy is really big this time.

Yes I gotten pretty far about 17 hours and I don't think I feel half done yet (in terms of doing all the sidequests and exploring). I think the graphics are fine for a game like this. My only gripe is the health system. You're pretty much relying on sparse medicinal herbs and limited potions to heal which is fine usually but when you're going against bosses/mini-boss type enemies then :rip: You assume they restore your health at save points but nope.

Sony fanboys been assaulting Zelda for stupid reason (Horizon is "completing"). I wouldn't mind it too much tbh.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby KrisCross » 7th March, 2017, 7:59 pm

Dessy wrote:Yes I gotten pretty far about 17 hours and I don't think I feel half done yet (in terms of doing all the sidequests and exploring). I think the graphics are fine for a game like this. My only gripe is the health system. You're pretty much relying on sparse medicinal herbs and limited potions to heal which is fine usually but when you're going against bosses/mini-boss type enemies then :rip: You assume they restore your health at save points but nope.

Oh damn I think I'm only like 6 hours in at most. I also haven't been doing much sidequests to save time. Yeh the health system is a bit annoying, I've died way to many times already because I always underestimate how fast some of the machines can take me out and don't heal myself in time. Dis bish can't even take 2 hits. :err:
KrisCross
Senior Moderator

Unread postby Dessy » 7th March, 2017, 8:03 pm

KrisCross wrote:Oh damn I think I'm only like 6 hours in at most. I also haven't been doing much sidequests to save time. Yeh the health system is a bit annoying, I've died way to many times already because I always underestimate how fast some of the machines can take me out and don't heal myself in time. Dis bish can't even take 2 hits. :err:

I just decided to practice my dodging because Dodge Roll is honestly a godsend the few times I had like 100 HP and no healing items. :skull:

Restarting from recently saved campfire would give you full health fyi.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

Unread postby CelticSky » 7th March, 2017, 9:03 pm

Yay more... paradoxers? Paradoxes? :P expensive but awesomeee :lol: I really can't wait to try the new East Asia themed expansion for eu4!

If you're going through hell, keep going.
CelticSky

Likes received: 15

Unread postby Milosamuel » 9th March, 2017, 5:24 pm

Angelic Haze wrote:So about this Ptr changes in Overwatch... They've finally did it and killed Ana. Like talk about the worlds harshest nerfs. For those who play and don't know what they are yet they have basically stripped her of her damage and got rid of even more of her healing.

Biotic rifle
-Damage decreased from 80 to 60

Biotic grenade
- Impact damage reduced from 60 to 30
- impact heal reduced from 100 to 50

Meaning no more 3 shooting anyone with 200 health anymore, you are on par with mercy when it comes to healing now but Mercy's damage per second is superior. Congrats blizzard at making a loved community character unusable now :pfft:

No way, really? I thought she was quite balanced, possibly even slightly underpowered, however I was never very experienced with her. Either way, that was a seriously harsh nerf

Holy mother of god Hanzo
Milosamuel

First name: Samuel
Likes received: 1

Unread postby Togetik » 14th March, 2017, 9:12 am

I still love starcraft 2 even if the main campaigns had a very, very dumb central plot that I absolutely hated.

I went back and watched their cinematic trailers, and they're still amazing

Togetik

Likes received: 81

Unread postby Togetik » 21st March, 2017, 9:13 am

The new mass effect, amongst all it's hilarious animation issues, has 2 gay romances. One is a bi option that even the game says "doesn't count", and the other has less than half the content of the average straight one.

You can watch a graphic gratuitous sex scene between lesbians (Because you want to see a boob, of course, not because it's supposed to be good representation for lesbians) but you either get a single kiss, or a fade to black as your culmination sex scene for the gay option.

Every other sexuality combination has an option for a romance with a squad member (And has double or more the options gay males do outside of squad members) but gay males get none at all. Despite heavy implications, all-but-confirming by the voice actor of the male protagonist that the new alien squad man would be romanceable by both genders (And the game having full dialogue for m/m scenes with him, as well as his character having the flag set that should make him bi) it's been confirmed that he won't be bi in the release version. This means that not only have gay males been completely shafted by every aspect of the game relevant to that, but they've also actively cut gay content from the game in such late stages of development that even the voice actors didn't know about it (Or they were just queerbaiting, which I kind of doubt).

I was really excited for it before this and thought that all the gross faces and broken animations could be funny but... this sort of thing isn't like that, it's not sloppy work it's an active choice to focus on lesbians because they're "hot" to straight dudes but to also trash the romance portions of those relationships, and to barely touch gay relationships at all because dudes kissing dudes is gross, i guess.
I'm kind of reconsidering even buying the game now, at least until the devs bend to the backlash over their many bad decisions and do something about this, or at least acknowledge what they did poorly.
Togetik

Unread postby KrisCross » 24th March, 2017, 8:18 am

GUYS GUYS GUYS Our switch + Breath of The Wild is arriving today! :awesome:

I'm literally skipping international movienight with friends just to go home and play it.
KrisCross
Senior Moderator

Unread postby Dessy » 16th April, 2017, 11:19 am

Anyone care to buy me a Switch? Or...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

Unread postby M4DNESS » 16th April, 2017, 1:39 pm

Anyone care to buy me civ 6? Q_Q
M4DNESS
Eric Saade Impersonator. I will be Popular.

First name: Alex
Likes received: 9

Unread postby Vortex » 16th April, 2017, 1:48 pm

no.
ImageImageImage

Ebsy wrote:Leave it to losers on Twitter to complain about being pandered to. You're supposed to complain when someone panders to others, not to you.
[4:46 AM] Saint Drogo: Also, you've got a strangely appealing asshole. I'll give you that much.
[6:03 AM] Pity: Omg... stop making me sound like a racist idiot
[4:51 AM] Scherzy: jerk off to clinton in the safety of your own bedroom luv
[2:56 PM] Saint Drogo: Literally let me use my cock as a paintbrush and my unborn children as paint.
Vortex
Saint Drogo's mistress.

First name: Da'Neil Boxley
Likes received: 263

Unread postby Dessy » 26th April, 2017, 6:36 pm

Interesting to see this beauty :smitten:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

Unread postby Togetik » 7th June, 2017, 6:02 am

Mass effect has finally announce it's effort to patch in more content for gay dudes other than "Semi-villain Bi guy who's male romance is objectively worse in every way than the female equivalent" and "5 minutes of talking to a guy who spends the entire time talking about how he NEEDS to have biological child, and needs to do it right now, otherwise he won't be contributing anything to colonisation".

Now you can bareback a squid-cat man! I'm genuinely excited for this, even though I know that it's going to just be an objectively worse version of the female romance

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/06/06/mass ... -08-notes/
Togetik

Unread postby Dessy » 7th June, 2017, 2:19 pm

DISSIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti