"Game of Thrones" Discussion Thread

The place for your music, films, television shows, and all things pop culture.

Re: "Game of Thrones" Discussion Thread

Unread postby freakism » 20th June, 2016, 12:57 pm

Why did Rickon not think to zigzag? I was shouting at the TV for him to bloody zigzag!

That was such a gory episode, but it's nice for some fighting to be depicted as absolutely disgusting and horrible - unlike the shiny sword clashing we've seen recently.

Excited for next week's finale (of course it would run through exams and not end before or start afterwards :argh:)
GTF House Cup 2016 - Team Middle Earth
freakism
Head tllt boy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First name: Harry
Likes received: 132

Team: The Far East

Unread postby MoonBear » 20th June, 2016, 2:15 pm

DAMN THAT EPISODE WOW CHRIST

I love how crude and raw and realistic the battle looked like. It fully depicts the incredible chaos that ensures in such a battle. Perfect

The dragons were also amazing!
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage.ImageImageImageImage
MoonBear
Formerly Rct3swp/Space Beard

First name: Karim
Likes received: 21

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Flump » 20th June, 2016, 2:24 pm

Highlights for me included Jon being trampled by his own army and the shots of people with no legs, their guts spilling out, and no heads.

I did think Davos was going to give Mel a short shove off of that balcony at the end though.
I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
Flump
My Anaconda Does

Likes received: 3

Unread postby TrueVictory » 20th June, 2016, 3:27 pm

I'm not even gonna sell it short, this episode was probably the best episode in the entire series. I haven't seen an episode so breathtaking since the battle vs the Wildlings on The Wall happened. This episode had EVERYTHING! The second to last episode of a GoT season never disappoints. Can't wait to see how the last episode comes down from this cause it just doesn't get any better than that.
Last edited by TrueVictory on 21st June, 2016, 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
TrueVictory
Stalker Mentality

Unread postby MoonBear » 20th June, 2016, 3:35 pm

TrueVictory wrote:I'm not even gonna sell it short, this episode was probably the best episode in the entire series. I haven't seen an episode so breathtaking since the battle vs the Wildlings on The Wall happened. This episode had EVERYTHING! The second to last episode of a GoT season never disappoints. Can't wait to see the the last episode comes down from this cause it just doesn't get any better than that.

*cue in the wildfyre*
*cue in the tower of joy*
*cue in the frey pies*
ImageImageImageImage

MoonBear

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 20th June, 2016, 7:16 pm

ALL THE BLOOD!!!!

Rickon's such an idiot, but I'm so glad the Starks are back in Winterfell. All in all, what an epic episode.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 574

Unread postby Circles » 20th June, 2016, 11:02 pm

That battle had the most incredible, visceral depiction of medieval/fantasy battle I have ever witnessed. That was truly remarkable. I've never seen anything quite like it.
ImageImageImageImageoooo
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Circles
Twinkerbell

First name: Marshall
Likes received: 55

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 21st June, 2016, 8:45 am

Before the episode I thought "The Battle of Winterfell will be similar to the Battle of Waterloo".

And low and behold, it was! So the Starks and their rag-tag force of minor houses and wildlings are the Anglo-Dutch forces (including many Germans from Hanover and Brunswick :awesome:) led by Arthur, Duke of Wellington. The Boltons are the French, the seemingly well organised, united force under Napoleon. And the Knights of Vale are the Prussians led by General Blucher.

So Waterloo started out as looking like it might go in the British-Dutch favour, but as the battle progressed, the French slowly worn down the British, until it looked like one swift push from the French and the battle would be over. It wasn't until the cavalry of the Prussian army arrived and fell onto the French flanks and they fell apart.

The parallels were astounding.

But, FUCKING RICKON! Why did you run in a straight line you stupid little shit!? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I clapped when Sansa watched as Ramsay was devoured by his dogs. So satisfying to see.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 361

Unread postby Burns » 25th June, 2016, 4:08 pm

cool vid on the battle

crazy episode, why you no serpentine, rickon????
look out, the world's destroying you
Burns
stay weird

Likes received: 16

Unread postby MoonBear » 25th June, 2016, 5:19 pm

SEASON FINALE
THERE IS STILL SO MUCH TO SEE

BURN THEM ALL SHE SAID
AND GREEN THE FIRES WENT
ImageImageImageImage

MoonBear

Unread postby alehizzle » 27th June, 2016, 12:27 am

This episode was so good, omg. The soundtrack was completely on point and the lead-in to the wildfire scene was so perfect. Shame about Tommen, though. Really brings a whole new meaning to King's Landing.

GTF KNOWS NO KING BUT THE KING IN THE NORTH WHOSE NAME IS JON FUCKING SNOW

alehizzle
The White Wolf

First name: Alex
Likes received: 1

Unread postby Ebsy » 27th June, 2016, 3:36 am

Best episode of the series imo.
Will wrote:Eye contact is serious. Make sure you get tested for H-eye-V.
Thumper wrote:I've read washing machine manuals that aroused me more.
Ebsy
EBay

Likes received: 37

Unread postby MoonBear » 27th June, 2016, 4:25 am

tHERE IS NOTHING TO SAY
ImageImageImageImage

MoonBear

Unread postby MoonBear » 27th June, 2016, 6:45 am

So i calmed down. Kinda. I can safely say that this episode might be the best one in the show. This season migh be the best one until far. So manz amazing scenes. The execution of this episode and last one was perfect. Miguel Sapochnik should direct every episode from now on lmao.
ImageImageImageImage

MoonBear

Unread postby MoonBear » 27th June, 2016, 7:41 am

The war of the queens
ImageImageImageImage

MoonBear

Unread postby freakism » 27th June, 2016, 8:16 am

That was so satisfying
GTF House Cup 2016 - Team Middle Earth
freakism
Head tllt boy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First name: Harry
Likes received: 132

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 27th June, 2016, 8:32 am

My main reaction is this:

GIRL POWER!

But also Cersei single-handedly brought an end to the bloodlines of the most powerful houses in Westeros. I'm not that upset about the High Sparrow, Mace Tyrell or Kevan Lannister if I'm honest, and not even Maragery really. I'm upset they also killed Loras! I loved Loras! But oh well.

The Reach and Dorne forming a pact is actually a little scary because of the lore of the novels. But hey, they are uniting to overthrow Queen Cersei to install Daenerys on the throne.

So happy that Arya killed Walder Frey. Someone finally murdered that asshole! I'm amazed he didn't die of old age before she got to him though. I loved Lyanna Mormont starting the rallying cry behind Jon as King in the North. As much as I wanted Sansa to be Queen, she is still the major power broker for the North - and Jon owes his newly anointed Crown to her.

Jon's parentage reveal was totally unsatisfying, it was so obvious. They really tried to make it seem shocking, but the theory was so strong for years.

I'm ready for the War of the Women.
Ellaria Sand and Olenna Tyrell broker a treaty to overthrow Cersei and make Dany the Queen, as she arrives at Westeros on Yara Greyjoy's ships, while Sansa and Lyanna march an army south to reclaim the Riverlands for House Tulley. MY BODY IS READY
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 361

Unread postby Kris578 » 27th June, 2016, 5:00 pm

This season was so damn good. Just brilliant. Especially the last two episodes. The music, sequences, everything...

But yeah, some thoughts and whatnot to follow. Sorry for the long text wall.

Rather obvious Mad King parallels to Cersei here. Sure she didn't burn down King's Landing as a whole, but still did something equally malicious that the Mad King couldn't accomplish. And my word, was that Wildfire sequence spectacular. The expression on the High Sparrow's face as he knew he fucked up. Cersei as she gazed upon the destruction and took that single sip of wine.. the ever so smug smirk. THE FRIGGIN MUSIC! Brilliance. But Cersei doesn't have an ounce of humanity left in her anymore. Maggy the Frog's prophecy has been fulfilled... almost, but nonetheless, everything concerning her children is true. She's lost pretty much everything, but got the Iron Throne. Cersei has probably become more of a villain than ever before now.

I was somewhat bummed about Margaery though. I would have loved to see what she'd do next, but at the same time I'm glad that she at least went out knowing that Cersei was up to something. She had always been an intelligent woman, but she only lost because she had to ally herself with the High Sparrow for her plan to work. And we'll see Loras (Finn Jones) pretty soon in Iron Fist, so that's pretty neat.

Dany finally set sail! After six bloody seasons, she's finally going there. I am so ready. My body is so ready. I'm ready for next year to roll in now, thanks. That final shot was glorious, the music gave me goosebumps, the dragons looked great. Shit's getting ultra real now. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they'll battle Euron's fleet at the beginning of season 7.

Arya killing Walder Frey was satisfying. Even more so after digesting the scene for a few minutes. I was really really hoping Lady Stoneheart to show up, but there's no point for her now, so I suppose they'll keep her out. Still watching Arya put her skills to good use was great, though I'm not sure what she's going to do now. Is she going to find her family? Cersei's the only relevant name on her list, so is she going to go after her now? Going to be kinda difficult, considering she's the queen now and Arya still has to find that out in the first place. Is she going to meet Melisandre once again, as the latter promised?

Speaking of Melisandre, the fuck is she gonna do? When I initially thought that her interacting with Cersei would be a possibility, I doubt that Cersei would tolerate another religious person near her. And Melisandre really has no point helping Cersei. There's also the Brotherhood Without Banners though.

We once again got a small dose of Benjen, who was off to prepare for the great war and whatnot. So I'm somewhat expecting the Wall to come down sometime during the last two seasons. Not sure if they'll actually bring it down or not though. As both seasons will have only 7 episodes, they'll probably get the White Walkers on the other side soon, probably in season 7 though, as winter is finally here and shit's going to go down. Or maybe they'll reserve that conflict for the last season after Dany's already caused some ruckus.

Oh and Lady Mormont's a certified badass in every sense. Sansa's also giving off serious Littlefinger vibes, which is both cool and troubling..
"You know, it's true what they say about little boys: born with no natural inclination to share."
Kris578

Unread postby MoonBear » 27th June, 2016, 5:25 pm

Just a reminder that the tv version of the cersei prophecy has no valonqar. No little brother. Although it still may happen anyway. Maybe they dont want to spoil that surprise in the show
ImageImageImageImage

MoonBear

Unread postby MoonBear » 27th June, 2016, 5:26 pm

What is your name... Barbara?

Best fucking line of the episode
ImageImageImageImage