What's the last film you watched?

The place for your music, films, television shows, and all things pop culture.

Re: What's the last film you watched?

Unread postby LFactor_ » 10th July, 2016, 8:21 pm

A few days ago I went to the cinemas with some friends to see Conjuring 2. (Heh, as I was so entertaining throughout the movie, they covered for the cost of my ticket xD)

Prior to the movie, I hadn't any other movies affiliated with it, despite that it was easy to follow. I don't really have a lot of experience with the horror genre, but something which I thought was unique was the ability of being able to petrify you, even after you seen the ghosts! :P

9/10
LFactor_

First name: Ash

Unread postby -Brandon- » 10th July, 2016, 8:35 pm

I think the last film I watched was The Force Awakens. It was ok very similar to A New Hope though.
-Brandon-
Army 4 Life

Likes received: 23

Unread postby Nudge » 10th July, 2016, 11:30 pm

The Purge. Fun to think about but the film was kinda weak. Not a lot happened and the masked people made it feel a bit silly.
Nudge

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 11th July, 2016, 4:37 am

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice. Never got around to seeing in the cinema, so it helped take a chuck of time off my flight.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 345

Unread postby freakism » 21st July, 2016, 11:30 am

The Lobster

A very... odd film. It ended slightly bleakly (like all good films should) and I'm not entirely sure if it ended the way that I thought it did.

I'd recommend you watch it because it's very interesting film, although it may be a trifle hard to get into.
GTF House Cup 2016 - Team Middle Earth
freakism
Head tllt boy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First name: Harry
Likes received: 129

Unread postby Jacketh » 22nd January, 2017, 2:05 pm

Went to see La La Land today - a bit disappointed considering its success at the Golden Globes and its pending-success at the Oscars. Gosling was pretty meh, really isn't a great singer.

Its watchable, but certainly shouldn't be picking up awards.

6/10.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 548

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 22nd January, 2017, 2:14 pm

The Trotsky:

A teenage boy believes he is the reincarnation of Leon Trotsky and sets about trying to unionise his school.

I thought it would be right up my street and, done well, it probably would have been. It wasn't satirical enough and the humour fell flat, unfortunately. I would have liked the romanticism of revolution to have been contrasted with the mundanity of high school life more too, but the emphasis was solidly on the mundanity. Oh well.

5/10

Y Tu Mama Tambien:

One of the best films I've ever seen, and another masterpiece from Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men, Gravity), proving Mexican cinema is often better than American stuff, Mr. Trump. The cinematography was amazing, and each of its several levels of meaning was stunning (teen coming of age, woman freeing herself from the shackles of adult existence, homosexual undertones, socio-political situation in Mexico). The ending is astonishing and forces you to completely re-evaluate the film you've just watched.

10/10

Seven Psychopaths:
Director/writer of 'In Bruges' so I thought it would be great, and I was only a tiny bit disappointed. Certainly lots of great bits but it felt all over the place.

6/10
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 393

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 22nd January, 2017, 7:18 pm

Jacketh wrote:Went to see La La Land today - a bit disappointed considering its success at the Golden Globes and its pending-success at the Oscars. Gosling was pretty meh, really isn't a great singer.

Its watchable, but certainly shouldn't be picking up awards.

6/10.

I actually really loved it. Gosling can't really sing. The musical sequences when they were all single-shot pieces were incredible. The art direction was stunning.

I also watched Moonlight. Lord that was not a happy film. I can see why its popular at the Award ceremonies but yikes....
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 345

Unread postby nyctbi » 22nd January, 2017, 9:19 pm

Moonlight was incredible.
nyctbi

First name: Brandon

Unread postby Gibbs » 1st February, 2017, 7:52 am

Trainspotting: This is probably my favourite film ever, its such an intresting narritive and has a bomb soundtrack plus the actors are all amazing and I love scottish accents so...
That's not low standards, that's a good night
Gibbs
King of the tree's

First name: Dominic
Likes received: 48

Unread postby boiii » 1st February, 2017, 9:53 am

Anomalisa
(Charlie Kaufman)

I think I'll understand it better if I'm older, but it got me thinking about my life too anyway.
And the Animation was the best I've ever seen! :thumbsup:
Image Image

ImageImage

Winner of the best friendship award together with Kaspar ^.^ and also that other one we don't talk about.
boiii
oh shit waddup

First name: Kamiel
Likes received: 195

Unread postby Charlie » 1st February, 2017, 11:32 am

8/10 got through lots of tissues
Dm's open for attractive members of the bourgeois.
Charlie
Ee aye ee aye oh

Likes received: 58

Unread postby Jacketh » 18th July, 2017, 2:25 pm

Watched Good Will Hunting recently - overlooked it for ages and haven't ever watched it but. But jeez, what a film. Matt Damon in it as well :smitten:

Also watched A Dog's Purpose on my flight home yesterday too. I was originally going to watch it in cinema because I am a sucker for dog films, but decided against it because of the controversy over the supposed abuse towards the dogs in filming and the video that came out "showing it". Turns out that video was edited and it wasn't *as* bad as it seemed. It didn't get particularly well reviews (although people love hating talking dog films), but I thought the idea was kinda different and original for a dog theme. I loved it and I found myself crying on a plane full of Indians looking at me a bit weirdly (and I don't cry at films much!). Would strongly recommend if you like dog films. It kinda shows all the different roles a dog can play in your life.

Also, the teenage version of Ethan in A Dog's Purpose was hot too :eli:

The old version of him is kinda hot too :eli:

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 548

Unread postby George » 18th July, 2017, 3:01 pm

watched Tropic Thunder in the hotel whilst the rest were clubbing during pride.

Good film.
Image Hi, I'm George. Never met Me before? Image
George
Diaper Rash

First name: George
Likes received: 106

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 30th July, 2017, 8:42 am

In the past week:

Rewatched Interstellar at the cinema on 70 mm film. I loved it despite the goofy non-scientific stuff. I got goose bumps several times. The music contributed a lot. 9/10
Before the movie started, the curtains were drawn and the audiovisual engineer came out and talked about the technology and how he set up the projector and stuff, which was cute.

Beauty and the Beast (2017): They turned it into quite a visual spectacle. I love Emma Watson so it was great to see her in this, and it was nice to see the ethnic diversity they introduced in the cast. 9/10

Logan: Pretty decent, enhanced as always by Patrick Stewart's performance, but it was mostly action which isn't really for me. 6/10

(We're all caught up on most of the TV shows we watch, so we're watching lots of movies instead now :P)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 219

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 2nd August, 2017, 5:45 pm

Dunkirk

A ridiculously loud, miserable waste of time. I'm sure others will disagree, but I've never regretted spending £3 to go to the cinema this much. I had half a mind to leave halfway through, but figured I should see it through to the end. I wish I had left.

Even if I had enjoyed the movie in general, the sound was way too loud (even some of the quieter scenes reached 85 dB).

To anyone still planning to see it at the cinema, I recommend wearing something like this.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 219

Unread postby Dessy » 2nd August, 2017, 6:07 pm

I also watched Dunkirk around a few days ago.

I appreciate that it didn't simply give me an action war movie, with the being a hero in the middle of the battlefield and standing against all odds and all that. Rather this start me off with the harsh reality of trying to get home and the effort to get them away. And honestly it made me think about this stuff more. I haven't really been exposed to stuff like that in war movies. Plus cute guys everywhere.

I'd give it 8/10, overall.

Luckily I had hearing aids so it was easy to adjust the sounds :P
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby user1103 » 2nd August, 2017, 6:22 pm

I've also watched Dunkirk recently. It was a really weird movie, things were just happening, there was no story, and we didn't even know the name of the principal character of the movie :dunno:
user1103

First name: John

Unread postby Dessy » 4th August, 2017, 3:23 pm

Yu-Gi-OhThe Dark Side of Dimensions I picked up from Redbox last night. I was a bit appresigve given how the previous movie, Bonds Beyond Time, was the lamest thing I ever watched from Yugioh.

Dark Side of Dimensions throw it back to the formula that made Pyramid of Light great, awesome duels, crazy cards, and a lil teamwork from Kaiba and Yugi. It pretty much served as a successor to the main series by following it plot. Of course in classic Yugioh fashions the characters pull off impossible combo and draw impossible card to gain the upper hand. A cheesy plot device but if you're a fan of Yugioh (Original), you know that this is when things are the most exciting. 8.5/10 from me.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby Chriskali » 4th August, 2017, 7:37 pm

I watched What to expect when you're expecting with mary for the first time because she loves that movie! it was very cute and i enjoyed it a lot tbh 8.5/10
Chriskali

First name: Christian
Likes received: 40

PreviousNext

Recently active