I Need to Fix Things

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

I Need to Fix Things

Unread postby Xurnam » 19th August, 2016, 7:04 pm

I've never taken the time to look into who I am as a person. I don't really know what I love, hate, believe, or want, and it's finally catching up to me. Instead of deciding what I am or want to be, I've fed the people around me a countless number of lies. I am a different person to everyone around me , each knowing a Shawn with a different personality and interests. It's gotten to the point that I hardly know how to be honest with other people anymore, much less myself. It's scary to look at yourself and what you are, and I need to face that somehow. What scares me most, however, is how I'm going to fix this with everyone around me. How am I going to undo this many years of dishonesty? I don't want to keep lying..

Also, I'd like to apologize to all of you lovely people here. You accepted me into your community with open arms, and I betrayed that trust as I have with so many others. As I got to know all of your stories and how kind you all were, I found it harder and harder to keep lying to you, so I stopped coming here. I couldn't stand it! However, I think that feeling that has helped me take my first steps towards an honest life, and I must thank you all for that. If you're alright with it, I'd like to start over. (Just to be clear, I am at least some of what I said I am. I am Shawn, I am 15, and I am a dancer.)
Say they have rabies or something.
Xurnam

First name: Shawn

Re: I Need to Fix Things

Unread postby Hyacinth » 19th August, 2016, 10:51 pm

Hello, I have no idea who you are. Therefore, it is a fresh start to me for sure. For future reference, there is absolutely no need to deliberately lie about oneself, we will understand if you do not wish to disclose some of your life to us.

Nonetheless, welcome again. :keke:
Hyacinth
Candlelight Supper Enthusiast

First name: Jan
Likes received: 17

Unread postby Jacketh » 19th August, 2016, 11:08 pm

It really isn't unusual to lie, particularly on the internet. And especially if you're not comfortable about yourself - I don't know if that is the case.

Its good you've acknowledged the problem and you're working towards fixing it. I've enjoyed your presence on here, and I hope you can stick around and fit into the community!

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 548

Unread postby Deither » 14th August, 2017, 2:17 am

I cannot express how much I regret never replying to this... but I guess now is as good a time as ever. I don't know what you mean by you lied etc. or if you lied to me, and frankly I don't even care today. I miss you, and you just stopped coming here in a day, and even thought we were really close you never really messaged me afterwards to tell me if you were ok. After you were forced to come out (at least, if that part of you wasn't a lie) you seemed really fine and not too bad, but I felt really bad. I don't care at all if you lied to me about anything today, but I regret you leaving so abruptly. I'm only writing this because I have hope that maybe you come on here every other day as a guest? And if so, I'd just like to know that your alive, because I honestly have no idea if you took your own life because of what happened or if you just moved on with your life. Please contact me, Xurnam, if you read this. I just want to know you didn't kill yourself.

ImageImage

The only two time official winner of GTF's Powertop award
Deither
Knope's Ben Wyatt

Likes received: 29

Recently active