I am interested in a much older and a much bigger man

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

I am interested in a much older and a much bigger man

Unread postby Kimmie00 » 24th August, 2017, 3:59 pm

I know a guy who is a friend of one of my friends, so I see him a bit sometimes.
I find him hugely attractive and I often look at him, and I have realised that I am interested in him.
One problem, however, is that he is a lot older than I am - I am 17, and he is 36, so I feel like I could be his son or something.
Also, he has a rather massive build, and is a lot physically bigger than I am - I am short, about 5'5 and slim, and he is seriously probably about 6'7 (he usually has to duck quite a bit when he passes through doorways) and also very muscular in general, and I will be honest, this is very intimidating.
I know that a lot of people find him to be kind aand polite, but I am still very self-conscious about the fact that he could do whatever he wanted with me if he felt like it - and then there is that age difference as well...

Should I admit to him that I am interested in him?
Kimmie00

Re: I am interested in a much older and a much bigger man

Unread postby Tim. » 24th August, 2017, 4:08 pm

Well, do you know he is gay? If so then if your interested then why not give it a go? He can only say no.

However you have no flag on your profile, one area to be wary of is the age of consent. Most locations 17 and 36 is legally fine, however in a lot of the US you may be wise to wait until you have turned 18 for both yours and his protection.

Tim.
White Tupac

First name: Tim
Likes received: 130

Unread postby Pity » 24th August, 2017, 8:56 pm

No. You are 17 and he is 36, a 19-year difference. Not only is this possibly illegal depending on where you live, but it is also just a strange situation. However, if you are determined and it is legal, go ahead! :)
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 485

Unread postby Togetik » 25th August, 2017, 4:04 am

I'd say there's inherently a massive power imbalance that makes any kind of romance or sexual relationship with that kind of age gap bad for both of you regardless of legality, but I guess if you're determined then I can't stop you
Togetik

Likes received: 81

Unread postby Kimmie00 » 25th August, 2017, 4:13 pm

Togetik wrote:I'd say there's inherently a massive power imbalance that makes any kind of romance or sexual relationship with that kind of age gap bad for both of you regardless of legality, but I guess if you're determined then I can't stop you

In which way is there a power imbalance?
Kimmie00

Unread postby c70 » 25th August, 2017, 7:53 pm

My honest opinion is that the age gap is too big for any type of relationship to be socially acceptable between you two. Given that it is probably not going to be legal until you are 18 I would advise that you not tell him you are interested unless thats what you really want.
Look I finally got a profile picture :D
c70

First name: Thomas
Likes received: 16

Unread postby Hyacinth » 29th August, 2017, 12:28 pm

If you two dont click send me his number xo

Jokes aside, don't do it. This age gap being so large puts you in a position vulnerable to emotional and sexual exploitation. I know one shouldn't generalise but a middle-aged man interested in someone half their age raises suspicion. Having a sugar daddy might be appealing to your imagination but it's not really worth the risks involved.

If it's real love though, ask him to wait a few years. May sound pointless at a first glance but you'll mature a bit and make decisions more consciously.

Edit: You don't even know if he's gay. Don't even consider unless you find out if he is.
Hyacinth
Candlelight Supper Enthusiast

First name: Jan
Likes received: 17

Recently active