I need advice!

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

What should I do

Do I keep trying to date him
2
20%
Be friends
7
70%
Get out
1
10%
Let him try to call me and not call him
3
30%
 
Total votes : 13

I need advice!

Unread postby k4ganb » 17th September, 2017, 5:44 pm

So my boyfriend of 3 weeks just told me he wanted to just be friends. We have talked on the phone for 2-3 hours almost everyday, but his main reasoning is that he hasn't dated a femme guy before and usually dates masculine guys only. He said he loved me 4 days ago and now this is happening. I really like him and no red flags were up before he did this. I don't know what to do I really like him and don't know what is going on. He isn't cheating because there is no one for him to cheat on me with in our town. His parents knew about us and were happy for him so its not them. He already called me and told me he wanted to stay best friends. He also said that he has rushed love a lot and dosen't want that to be us but I asked him if we can still be together and just take it slower but he changed the subject to friends. He is still talking to me but its awkward now I don't know what to do. Help!
-Kagan
User avatar
k4ganb
New Member
 
First name: Kagan
Posts: 8
Joined: 16th September, 2017, 7:30 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: I need advice!

Unread postby Kaspar » 17th September, 2017, 5:48 pm

That's... really sudden thing to do to be honest. You should try to ask him/figure out why he would want to end the relationship so suddenly.
Has he given any signs that he is tired of the relationship, was he reluctantly talking to you or anything recently?
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 1436
Likes received: 343
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland, almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: I need advice!

Unread postby k4ganb » 17th September, 2017, 5:59 pm

Kaspar wrote:That's... really sudden thing to do to be honest. You should try to ask him/figure out why he would want to end the relationship so suddenly.
Has he given any signs that he is tired of the relationship, was he reluctantly talking to you or anything recently?

No he was perfectly fine He loved me and would call me multiple times a day we would text and everything.
-Kagan
User avatar
k4ganb
New Member
 
First name: Kagan
Posts: 8
Joined: 16th September, 2017, 7:30 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: I need advice!

Unread postby Kaspar » 17th September, 2017, 6:36 pm

k4ganb wrote:
Kaspar wrote:That's... really sudden thing to do to be honest. You should try to ask him/figure out why he would want to end the relationship so suddenly.
Has he given any signs that he is tired of the relationship, was he reluctantly talking to you or anything recently?

No he was perfectly fine He loved me and would call me multiple times a day we would text and everything.

Hmm, that's very odd then! You know, some people can have sudden swings of moods from time to time and maybe he is one.
I think that you should just talk with him about, try not to be pushing and show that you are concerned about him. I hope it will go well for you!
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 1436
Likes received: 343
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland, almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: I need advice!

Unread postby Pity » 17th September, 2017, 9:04 pm

Tbh I would stop calling him and see what he does. I don't see the point in being friends with a previous boyfriend.
Image
User avatar
Pity
hotty & disgraced member
 
First name: Marcus
Posts: 3078
Likes received: 485
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Apex, NC
Country: United States (us)

Re: I need advice!

Unread postby Sokol » 18th September, 2017, 12:43 pm

I would just let it be and maybe things will work out later on. Don't wait for something that might not happen. He should have his reasons for breaking up and if he doesn't want to tell you, I think you should respect that, you can still ask him for a clear reason though, but don't be too pushy.
User avatar
Sokol
Sokol The Cocks
Member of the Month
 
Posts: 228
Likes received: 78
Joined: 3rd August, 2017, 8:55 am
Location: Ghent-ish
Country: Belgium (be)

Re: I need advice!

Unread postby Kaspar » 18th September, 2017, 3:07 pm

Pity wrote:Tbh I would stop calling him and see what he does. I don't see the point in being friends with a previous boyfriend.


Sokol wrote:I would just let it be and maybe things will work out later on. Don't wait for something that might not happen. He should have his reasons for breaking up and if he doesn't want to tell you, I think you should respect that, you can still ask him for a clear reason though, but don't be too pushy.


You guys, zero fighting for the relationship :P He doesn't even know why the guy decided to break up :P
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 1436
Likes received: 343
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland, almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: I need advice!

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 18th September, 2017, 6:54 pm

It might be that he's uncomfortable with his sexuality (even if he's out) and I guess being with an obviously gay, feminine guy triggers his insecurities. Just try talk to him because it's a really shitty reason to not be with someone and it's not fair on you especially since everything was going fine until this.
Twink enthusiast
User avatar
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 4016
Likes received: 648
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Country: Australia (au)


Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], Sogou [Spider], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests