A Sticky Situation (but not the good kind of sticky)

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

A Sticky Situation (but not the good kind of sticky)

Unread postby eb_horsecrazy » 20th September, 2017, 9:58 am

Okay gtf, I'm thinking I need some advice. This is a long story to get to my question, but anyway...
First Part: So my school homecoming is coming up in a few weeks and I was totally hoping to drag my best friend (and my on again, off again crush) as my date. However, she got asked to go with someone else and I really don't want to go by myself. I've gone by myself before but it's my senior year and that just doesn't seem as cool as it did freshman and sophomore years.
Second Part (this will seem unrelated at first but hang in there because it totally is...): My sister's new best friend just moved here from a different area. She's been hanging out with us a ton. I mean, this is like the most we've ever seen of one of my sister's friends. Now, she totally has a crush on this friend. I don't blame her in the slightest. I mean, this friend is ridiculously adorable and she's even bi too. I may have added her on SC to piss my sister off, but I'm kinda regretting it now because it's put this really bad idea in my head. She added this pic to SC last night that was her raising her hand and the caption "Raise your hand if you aren't getting asked to homecoming this year."
The Idea: I totally want to ask her to homecoming now. I mean, doesn't that SC mean she wants to go? And I know my sister won't go with her as friends. She's totally against dances. It's a bad idea to ask you sister's BFF/crush to homecoming right? Especially if half the reason you want to do it is to attempt to make your own BFF/crush jealous. Right? I really do think it'd be fun to bring her with me. So what do I do?
"Girls are like noodles... straight 'til you get them wet."
eb_horsecrazy

First name: Eliana

Re: A Sticky Situation (but not the good kind of sticky)

Unread postby Kaspar » 20th September, 2017, 10:24 am

One idea is to ask the sister if she will feel bad about it. You guys should be close and honest woth each other as sisters, so I think it would be appropriate to ask if she wants to go with her or what's her opinion. Do you think asking her would make it better?
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 343

Unread postby eb_horsecrazy » 20th September, 2017, 10:32 am

Kaspar wrote:One idea is to ask the sister if she will feel bad about it. You guys should be close and honest woth each other as sisters, so I think it would be appropriate to ask if she wants to go with her or what's her opinion. Do you think asking her would make it better?

I think half the time my sister and I don't get along and she borderline hates me some days. There's part of me that isn't even sure she'd want to go with me but idk. Pretty sure my sister would be pissed at me either way.
"Girls are like noodles... straight 'til you get them wet."
eb_horsecrazy

First name: Eliana

Unread postby Lochlan » 20th September, 2017, 4:28 pm

In that case I'd say to just ask her to go to homecoming with you, maybe explain that you want to be able to actually go with someone for once, and just deal with your sister's reaction. She'll probably understand if you explain yourself, and if she doesn't, then it's her loss for letting herself get mad over something so small :P
I'll find some real nice thing for my signature one day..
Lochlan

First name: Lochlan
Likes received: 44

Unread postby Wayde » 20th September, 2017, 9:39 pm

I mean, it sounds like a total no-go to me. I think your sister will be very upset about it, especially if she was ticked just about you just adding her on snap. If I were your sister and my younger sibling did that to me and my best friend, I'd be pissed. At both of you ( you for asking and the friend for saying yes).
Wayde
A Witty User Titleā„¢

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 16

Recently active