Meeting Someone etc.

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Meeting Someone etc.

Unread postby RavingHomosexual » 21st September, 2017, 11:32 pm

Hello! This is my first post, so bear with me...

Over the summer I met a guy who I developed a crush on. When I met him, I didn't know I was gay myself, so I didn't realize that it was a crush until later. I realized I was gay at the end of the summer, but not in time to try meeting my crush. I have a few problems (Probably common ones):
1. I don't know if he's gay
But his mannerisms are stereotypically gay
2. I didn't know I was gay
I didn't think to try to get his information (Ended up with first name and school)
3. I don't know where or how I can try to meet him

After some (slight) online stalking, I found 3 pictures of him and figured out his last name.

The advice I need is:
1. How can I meet him?
There is a Fall festival at his school in October, but I'm not sure if I can go or if it would be worth it if he wasn't there
2. If I do somehow meet him, how can I introduce myself?
Even just looking at his pictures makes my chest close up. How can I talk to him in person? How can I come out to him? How do I tell him I think he's the cutest guy in the world?
3. What do I do if he says he's straight?
I would hope he's just in denial, but he might not be. Would I be able to still be friends with him?

I don't know what to do!

Thank you so much in advance (assuming someone says something) and I hope you read everything! Also, I hope I don't have any typos.

-The Raving Homosexual

(Not sure how I came up with that)
RavingHomosexual

First name: Ronan

Re: Meeting Someone etc.

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 22nd September, 2017, 5:23 pm

1. Welcome on the forum!
2. How well do you know this guy, and how nice was he to you? Were there ever any moments between you two ?
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly

First name: Tim
Likes received: 7

Unread postby RavingHomosexual » 22nd September, 2017, 5:29 pm

Hello! Thank you for replying. I have notifications on, that's why I'm replying so quickly. Anyway, back to the question. I don't really know him that well, but if I had realized I was gay then I would have tried to get to know him better. He was nice to me, but he was also nice to everyone, and there weren't really any moments between us, but I did do a performance skit thing with him.
RavingHomosexual

Unread postby Kaspar » 22nd September, 2017, 5:36 pm

There is a nice guide I used once and you might want to take a look too: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47534
It's very detailed and well-made, have a look buddy :)
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 346

Unread postby Wayde » 22nd September, 2017, 5:49 pm

Well, it sounds like you should probably cultivate a strong friendship with him before telling him that he is "the cutest guy in the world", haha. Most strong relationships begin as friendships first (of course there are exceptions). Relationships are built on much more than just his outward appearance. Is the guy even nice? (Heads up, life has an annoying habit of making a ton of jerks and douchebags super attractive :lol: ) Do you share common views on the important stuff (religion, politics, morals, etc)? What is his personality like? Can you see yourself liking him for him, beyond his appearance?

Side note, if he tells you he is straight, DO NOT PUSH IT. It is incredibly rude to assume he is in denial. Respect his sexuality just as you would want him to respect yours.
Wayde
A Witty User Titleā„¢

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 16

Unread postby RavingHomosexual » 22nd September, 2017, 8:03 pm

Kaspar:
Thank you for that link! I will use that a lot.

Wayde:
Thank you for the great advice! I had already figured out that I liked him for him and not because of his appearance (Although he does happen to be very attractive in that sense as well). He seems, based on his personality, to care about the feelings of others. He seems very nice from taking to him and from watching him interact with others. I don't have any idea of his religious, moral, etc views, but he goes to a Catholic school and so do I.
As for him saying he's straight, I would never assume anything. I would just hope to myself that he's actually gay and will come out eventually, however unlikely that would be.

Once again, thank you for the great advice and for that link!

Edit:
I just realized saying we go to Catholic schools makes it sound like we're taught being gay is bad -- I don't know about his beliefs, but the Catholic Christian faith does not teach this. Instead, it teaches that you should love and accept everyone and that all people are equal and deserve respect. Sometimes I feel being gay makes my views less valid, but I don't really care. I hope you understand.
RavingHomosexual

Recently active