Coming out as gay to my homophobic dad

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Coming out as gay to my homophobic dad

Unread postby yunasteven504 » 8th October, 2017, 1:20 am

Hello everybody, My name is Steven and I am 16 years old. I am about to be 17 years old on October 25th. I am gay! I have known that I’m gay since around 13. I finally came out to my mom and my sister a few months ago in May. My mom and everyone is so supportive and happy for me and they love me no matter what and they want me to be happy. I also came out to all of my aunts and uncles and they are okay with it and love me for who I am and want me to be happy.

I still haven’t came out to my dad. My dad seems very homophobic and the thought of me coming out to him just makes me so nervous and I am scared to do so because I am afraid that he will be extremely mad and upset at me. Does anybody have any advice for me? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!
yunasteven504

First name: Steven

Re: Coming out as gay to my homophobic dad

Unread postby ItsMeJack » 8th October, 2017, 5:10 am

If you mean by mad that he will kick you out, I should wait.

But if you are sure that he will not kick you out, then ask your mother to help you.
Ask her to stand next to you when you come out so that if your father becomes mad she can help him cool down.
ItsMeJack

Likes received: 5

Team: The Wild West

Re: Coming out as gay to my homophobic dad

Unread postby yunasteven504 » 9th October, 2017, 1:32 am

Thanks for your help. My dad wouldn’t kick me out of the house. For now I am just not going to tell him.
ItsMeJack wrote:If you mean by mad that he will kick you out, I should wait.

But if you are sure that he will not kick you out, then ask your mother to help you.
Ask her to stand next to you when you come out so that if your father becomes mad she can help him cool down.
yunasteven504

First name: Steven

Recently active