Depressed about life

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Depressed about life

Unread postby Marc97 » 4th November, 2017, 9:39 pm

I'm 20 and I'm studying in Ireland. Just turned 20 an hour ago and feel so depressed. I just feel like giving up. I did my Leaving Cert in 2015 (equivalent of SAT or A levels) and since I took a gap year, and then started a course in Trinity College Dublin. I dropped out of that after 5 weeks and spent the year being miserable and doing nothing. Now I started another course in UCD doing Architecture. I don't really know if I like it yet but I keep getting this sinking feeling that it isn't for me and that I'll just be slogging through it. I just feel so alone and depressed. I don't want to have to drop out of another university and then head into a world with no support network or friends and no job prospects. I never drank alcohol before but now I've started and all I feel like doing is getting drunk on my birthday on my own and dying. Also, I haven't told my parents or family or close friends that I'm gay and I'm a virgin. I've been to a gay bar twice and seen some attractive guys but I don't know how to approach them without it being weird. I feel like everyone just puts up with me because they feel sorry for my sake. I don't expect any super helpful advice, I just wanted to tell someone these things because I have no one else in my life. I feel hopeless.
Marc97

First name: Marcus

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Depressed about life

Unread postby marcosgs13 » 4th November, 2017, 10:34 pm

Well, I really got nothing so knowledgeable to say regarding you situation 'cause I'm still 16 but...WAKE UP DUDE!!! What are you doing witn your life? I mean, you're valuable no matter what. There may be really meaningful people in your life like your relatives and people from strong friendships but let's face it: they're human, they may fail you and that's human. You're 20...you're barely beginning to live, there is a phrase that I got: while there's life, there's hope and you're still here in this world! About your virginity, I don't know how people take it in Europa but here in Latin America I have learned to love and champion for the value of my body before fool comments from others 'cause my virginity is a gift and ain't gonna throw it like garbage. About university, I think that if dropping out results exhausting don't do it or at least finish that career once and for all and and the end you study another, make the time you have spent at UNI not be wasted but invested, I mean, at the end if you applying for working the previous career you have studied would been an added value to you curriculum so that you'll have advantages in the labor market. On another side, aren't you being capricious with the issue of dropping, I think you gotta learn to do things even though you don't like them...I mean, not all your lifetime but during the process there will be somethings we wouldn't be so willing to do but we don't have other better choice. Don't be hopeless, don't do things just for the sake of emotions, think deeply and know that you're valuable and have the ability to turn your storm into a sunny atmosfere, but that's on your hands, not in mine. Just take a look around and realize there's people who really cares about you, just see this message, and stranger is advising you. Here you find a community and I think we are all willing to help you with the things we can. So start walking with your head held high, there's much you can do to change what you're living.
It might not be the best photo but it's my photo ><
marcosgs13

First name: Marcos
Likes received: 4

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 4th November, 2017, 10:44 pm

Damn. I'm going to reply to you tomorrow, I promise. I dropped out of Durham after five years and spent a year doing basically nothing else, I feel ya!

For now, I'm moving this thread from Hotness to the Advice subforum :)
Jacketh

Likes received: 907

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

For post #This post was deleted by Tim. on 5th November, 2017, 12:11 am.
Reason: double post

Unread postby EScott » 12th January, 2018, 6:06 am

Hi there, I hope you have solved your problem. I can understand your feeling. Life has many ups and downs and you need to keep calm and strong in your tough situation. In depression the mind stops working.
EScott

First name: Elsie
Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active