I have a crush on my male art teacher

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

I have a crush on my male art teacher

Unread postby madk » 24th December, 2017, 2:59 pm

hey guys, is this even the right thread? so anyways - I'm 17 and I have a crush on my art teacher. and let me explain.
since the start of this school year my art teacher seemed to have noticed me, I don't participate in class a whole of a lot. but I do participate if I know my shit, so he's always quite pleased with my answers and he always seems like he anticipates my participations after having read some analyses I wrote on various paintings. I really like his attention because he's (32, by the way) good looking (nice hair, slim, tall, very nice clothing style), friendly and really smart (he has a doctorate and tends to talk about philosophy a lot). I'm not really obvious about it, I don't think he's making much of it when I stay longer after class or talk to him occasionally. He already asked me once to show him my sketchbook. He asked about some of the drawings and about myself, he seemed to be quite surprised about me being into sports, in a positive way. And I would never try to make a move on him even though I'm fantasizing about it, but I think that's natural if you're attracted to someone - at least superficially - because I could risk him his job and it's generally not a very wise move, I'd dare say.

But still, I can't stop wondering a couple of things. I think I'm his favourite student, my friends point that out to me and I also perceive it that way. He usually says goodbye to students in a monosyllabic way, but whenever I say goodbye to him after class, he gets out of his way to give me a longer answer like "see you next week". He always greets me when he walks by me in the breaks, either by nodding and smiling or saying something. And a few days ago, before our christmas holidays started, he stopped on the staircase when he saw me, asking whether or not he'd teach me that day. I told him no and consequently, he wished me a nice holiday.
I still ended up going to his classroom because I had to get my painting to show my best friend, though. Again, he started talking to me a bit before I went home. An amusing coincidence was when he explained something about "pathos", the open display of affection and longing for another person in a painting, while making grabby hands at me.
So, am I dumb and just seeing things?
again, I'd never do anything about it! this whole thing is just quite "fun" in some way, so it naturally occupies my mind and I want some opinions on it, so don't get me wrong. I'm not taking this particularly serious, I just think it's kind of nerve tingling and I think that's fun, I just want to know what you guys think about this, don't take this too seriously either, please.

Is it worth mentioning that I have never been in a relationship before? And I'm not out, just to some friends. My parents are incredibly homophobic.

Even though I generally am attracted to guys my age, I still happen to crush on guys that are in their 20s oder 30s (like I said with the teacher or actors for example). Is that unusual?

Thanks in advance to anyone who actually sat through this shit, merry christmas, you guys.
madk

First name: Kai

Re: I have a crush on my male art teacher

Unread postby Adyuto » 24th December, 2017, 5:16 pm

I think that you might have a bias towards believing that these actions are indicative of any attraction your teacher may have for you. It's common to have a teacher you're attracted to, and it's even more common for one to confuse a person being polite for a person showing attraction. I think whenever a teacher goes the extra mile and does the above, it is because they genuinely enjoy your company, intellect, and/or enthusiasm. I hope that helps.
Adyuto

Likes received: 14

Team: The Wild West

Re: I have a crush on my male art teacher

Unread postby Dolly » 24th December, 2017, 10:36 pm

You're wishful thinking; sorry. It sounds like he's just a really nice and polite teacher. It's not really unusual to be attracted to people who happen to look older, but it can be if there is a massive age gap.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 666

Team: The Wild West

Recently active