Hooked Up with "straight" guy in my class

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Hooked Up with "straight" guy in my class

Unread postby dylanfunboy » 27th January, 2018, 5:43 am

Hi sooo I need advice about my situation:

So there's this guy in my class named Alex. He's your very stereotypical tall, white soccer player who is known to be a ladies man and the talk of the school/very popular. And we had two classes together this semester, but we never really talked at all, even though it was a class of about 10 people. We have many mutual friends that would talk, but we never felt any reason to interact. So last weekend there was this huge party that I attended, and I got extremely drunk (which was bad). As I was about to leave the party at the end of the night, I was looking for my jacket for about 10 minutes when I see Alex from my class also looking for his jacket. We both say hey and talk about how crazy it is that we can't find our jackets. And suddenly things started to pick-up BIG TIME...

So bare with me, as I was drunk so my memory is fuzzy about each specific action. But needless to say, we both began flirting and decided to leave the party together. I do not remember if we kissed at the party but all I do know is that we left with the intention to have fun together somewhere else. I was freaking out because things legitimately went from 0 to 100, and I wasn't thinking! It was like something out of a dumb movie/gay man's fantasy.

As we leave the party and walk home, we hold hands once we know nobody is around us, and we start talking about class. And he asks me why I never spoke to him, and I tell him it was because he made me nervous and what not. But basically we keep stopping on our way back home to quickly make out. Finally he says we can't go to his room because of his roommates, and then I said we can go to my room but it's further away. We eventually decided to go into a bathroom stall where we make out and hold hands. It sound ratchet, but like I said things were going too fast that we both just went with whatever we had. It was like an adrenaline rush.

But things started to simmer down once his GIRLFRIEND called him. He began freaking out, and I started to get super nervous. So he says he has to go, and he didn't want to cheat on his girlfriend because that's bad. After that, we walked out of the bathroom and decided to go our separate ways. Finally, we hugged one last time and I asked for a kiss, which he gave me.

The awkward thing is that after two days, I decided to follow him on Instagram (we are already friends on Facebook) and he denied my request to follow him. I think he's scared to be associated with me, but I want to let him know that our secret will be kept safe. Also, I just want to be friends with him and nothing more.....actually I kinda do like him, but also I just want to be friends. Do you guys think I should message him on Facebook letting him know that I won't tell anyone about what happened after the party and that I would love to be friends and forget anything happened? Or should I just leave him alone. We have a lot of mutual friends so I will still see him a lot regardless, and I don't want him to hate me or be awkward. I just rather clear the air about the whole situation. Part of me thinks he's really in the closet, and this was not just a drunk mistake. Like he is possibly bisexual, but idk! I feel bad.
dylanfunboy

Re: Hooked Up with "straight" guy in my class

Unread postby Dolly » 27th January, 2018, 11:16 am

I think you should leave him alone and let him figure out what he wants. Any messages you send could stress him out further and could only hurt you in the end. He has a girlfriend; don't be a homewrecker. Wait and see what happens next. Best of luck. :)
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 807

Unread postby Auralnauts » 28th January, 2018, 1:03 pm

This was some juicy shit. You have lived an experience that most of us just read about so I mean, congrats on that. Sadly for you though my fun boy, I'd drop him and the idea of y'all possibly being anything. Maybe one day he'll come to you but he denied your request so that's a sign that he probably regrets it right now. You can follow me on Instagram if it'll make you feel better.

"Gives the best advice"
-No one
Auralnauts
No interesting title here.

Likes received: 11

Unread postby CheeseSlice » 4th February, 2018, 1:38 am

Yeah, tell him nothing happened.
CheeseSlice

First name: Dan
Likes received: 12

Unread postby Kaspar » 5th February, 2018, 5:21 am

If you yourself really feel like keeping it at the 'just friends' level and not engaging any further, I'd personally message him about it, to calm him down and ensure him that you're keeping the secret and he's safe from any outing/gossips.
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 660

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 5th February, 2018, 7:16 am

My advice would be to let him figure out his life and what he wants. Its up to him. But if you want to help him my advice would be to offer to be that person to talk to about something if he needs someone to chat to.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 553

Unread postby Tim. » 6th February, 2018, 5:56 pm

He sounds confused. The fact he has a girlfriend is perhaps making him regret what he did with you. Along side any doubts he may have about his sexuality he probably also feels bad about been unfaithful. Give him space, if he wants anything more from you he will probably approach you himself. Just be careful not to be used as his boytoy on the side when his under the influence as that’s not a positive or healthy situation for either of you.
Tim.
The Southern Ex-Moderator

First name: Tim
Likes received: 191

Unread postby ggblk4 » 25th February, 2018, 11:42 am

Leave him some space, but let him know that you exist. And try to forget him and don't stress about it.
ggblk4

Recently active