Moving on

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Moving on

Unread postby Drés » 13th February, 2018, 12:17 am

Dear GTF, as some of you know I am a person who tries to live by faith, not by whatever I want. I’ve been thinking and praying a lot, searching for direction. So, I’ve come to a choice I believe to be the correct one. I am trying to become a man who can fulfill his needs for companionship and love in a straight marriage. I acknowledge, I am not sure of the plausibility of becoming straight on my own will. But I find that it would be much harder to live celibate as a gay Christian is called to live. To pursue a straight identity, I regretfully must cut ties with the identity of my confusing sexuality. I will be leaving GTF very soon. I have made many great friends, and I thank you for the kindness you have shown me. I hope that I have been good and wholesome to you. If anyone of you want to talk to me, you can PM my discord (Drés#6420) or my Reddit (secretly-a-bear) For all of you I am very grateful. I do not claim to be any better than any of you, but I do maintain that my purposes in life are very different. I too have flaws and issues, and I have acted immorally. God’s Grace calls me to move from my flaws into purpose. It calls me to be as close to God as I can. I feel that my sexuality separates me from God (even the straight can feel separated by this). So, from here I try to move on. Don’t you forget. I love every one of you. And I even hope to see some of you one day. Thank you for everything.
Peace and Grace be with you,
Drés
Departed February 12, 2018
Drés

First name: Andrew
Likes received: 21

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Moving on

Unread postby Dolly » 13th February, 2018, 12:50 am

I wish you the best in your endeavors and your pursuit of faith. :heart:

see you next week
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 853

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
6 / 7

Unread postby Hierax » 13th February, 2018, 7:05 am

You will always be welcome on GTF, we'll miss you hunny and goodluck. x
ImageImage
Hierax
Flazéda

Likes received: 379

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Unread postby Flower » 13th February, 2018, 3:28 pm

You're wasting your time for a racist homophobic misogynist cisgender white man god that never loved you. "He" hated you, us so much that it took more than a hundred years for the church the reform its stance about homosexuality.

I'm antitheist and even the idea of religion is abhorrent to me. Why? because I live in middle east. Middle eastern queers hide their sexuality, marry have kids etc.

You know what happens when you once you choose the "straight" path?

Your personality will fracture. To many pieces. If you're lucky, only two.

You will open your mouth and your words will not be your, you'll open your closet and the clothes won't be yours.

You'll see a hot boy and you won't say "hes cute", your gay self will tell that. It'll tore you from inside, clawing its way out. At first, you'll find it easy to repress. But after a year or five; you won't.

But then you'll find yourself married and had children. You'll cheat your wife and be the plot of the Brokeback Mountain sequel.

But its okay, because people have the right to believe imaginary dude on the clouds god and thanks to that right, we have slaughterhouses of mind temples everywhere so that the rich straight man clergy can indoctrinate a young person teach people about how they can hate themselves somuch because the raging heterosexual "lovely" god cannot understand a manly love.

THE WORST PART?
THEY MAKE THE PRISONERS BELIEVE THEY DESERVE THEIR "TREATMENT".
A star is a star, it doesn’t matter where in the sky I shine.
Flower

Likes received: 10

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 13th February, 2018, 6:31 pm

Flower wrote:You're wasting your time for a racist homophobic misogynist cisgender white man god that never loved you. "He" hated you, us so much that it took more than a hundred years for the church the reform its stance about homosexuality.

I'm antitheist and even the idea of religion is abhorrent to me. Why? because I live in middle east. Middle eastern queers hide their sexuality, marry have kids etc.

You will open your mouth and your words will not be your, you'll open your closet and the clothes won't be yours.

You'll see a hot boy and you won't say "hes cute", your gay self will tell that. It'll tore you from inside, clawing its way out. At first, you'll find it easy to repress. But after a year or five; you won't.

But then you'll find yourself married and had children. You'll cheat your wife and be the plot of the Brokeback Mountain sequel.

But its okay, because people have the right to believe imaginary dude on the clouds god and thanks to that right, we have slaughterhouses of mind temples everywhere so that the rich straight man clergy can indoctrinate a young person teach people about how they can hate themselves somuch because the raging heterosexual "lovely" god cannot understand a manly love.

THE WORST PART?

*SCREAM* Please don't make a nasty post like this, if he chooses to live the life he feels is right for him, it's not reasonable to insult him and criticise his choice.
Also weird history on Facebook doesn't sound like a reliable source and Dres is Christian, while Scientology is a splinter group with vastly different beliefs. It's just not comparable :(

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Hierax » 13th February, 2018, 6:36 pm

Flower wrote:You're wasting your time for a racist homophobic misogynist cisgender white man god that never loved you. "He" hated you, us so much that it took more than a hundred years for the church the reform its stance about homosexuality.

THE WORST PART?

I'm happy that you stated your opinion, and of course you're able to do so. But please keep it nice, since this is a goodbye post and we don't want any 'nasty' on those.
It's Drés' choice to do this, and he can do this, you can speak your opinion but I don't think you should try and change his mind, and especially not like this.

Please stay nice. :heart:
ImageImage
Hierax
Flazéda

Likes received: 379

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 13th February, 2018, 6:45 pm

Dres, i wish you courage on whatever path you choose in life, however i do want you to know that GTF will still be here for you !

THE WORST PART?

This really isn’t the place where you should post this imo hon
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 159

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 13th February, 2018, 7:59 pm

I'm not going to pretend I think your decision is a good one. It saddens me to see people arbitrarily suppress key aspects of their identity, and reduce their chance at contentment, in the pursuit of "companionship and love in a straight marriage," when that is so clearly not where you will find happiness. I hope you come to the same realisation as many gay Christians, and come to terms with the fact that torturing yourself over your sexuality will do nothing to change it, and that satisfaction can be found in God (I have no problems with your faith) while pursuing romantic and sexual relations with men.

I do, however, support you and while I may disagree with your method of obtaining happiness, I wish you content in finding it. I hope to see you again on this forum, I hope to see you happy with yourself (maybe even happy with a man), but I have no control over your life and can't always expect my own opinions to prevail. You're a lovely guy and I'm certain I'll end up messaging you at some point in the future, just to check in on you and your Christian wifey. ;)

If you ever rethink the whole gay thing or want someone to provide a highly unbalanced justification of homosexuality, agnosticism and the morality of a hedonistic lifestyle, my inbox is open.

Wish you the best.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 786

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 13th February, 2018, 8:03 pm

Also, Flower, you're being a cunt and it's not helping.

Stop doing that please.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

JonathanT88

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Flower » 13th February, 2018, 8:26 pm

JonathanT88 wrote:Also, Flower, you're being a cunt and it's not helping.

Stop doing that please.

Judging so hastily.
Not suprised.
Instead of asking "why?" you just jumped to the conclusions.

No, I say these because I'm a cold hearted bitch (!) and obviously don't care about the situation here. The summary of my post was obviously "I'm a cunt, your belief sucks". (!)
A star is a star, it doesn’t matter where in the sky I shine.
Flower

Likes received: 10

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 13th February, 2018, 8:34 pm

Flower wrote:
JonathanT88 wrote:Also, Flower, you're being a cunt and it's not helping.

Stop doing that please.

Judging so hastily.
Not suprised.
Instead of asking "why?" you just jumped to the conclusions.

No, I say these because I'm a cold hearted bitch (!) and obviously don't care about the situation here. The summary of my post was obviously "I'm a cunt, your belief sucks". (!)

Don't get me wrong, I think you're a nice guy and I've enjoyed our conversations in the past. I'm not saying you're a cunt, but that your post was cunty. You may not be a cold-hearted bitch, and your post may have been made our of genuine care for Dres (though the tone doesn't suggest this), but in reality it came across as insensitive, cruel and, through the use of sensationalised Facebook conspiracy pictures, a disservice to the argument you wish to make.

So no, I wasn't making a snap judgement about you, I was telling you how your post came across, and implicitly how that reflects on you. I don't "jump" to conclusions, I look at the evidence presented to me and form an impression based on it. The word I would like to use is "cunty."

Anyway, this kind of discussion isn't at all helpful for dear Dres, and I'd like for it to end now. Thank you.
Gudrun wrote:

Image ImageImage

JonathanT88

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Fadi » 14th February, 2018, 5:04 am

Mixed feelings about your opinion Dres but I will support your decision all the way! Hope you find your happiness somehow and I’m always here if you need a talk! :D
Odd Squad Image Odd Squad
Fadi
Compulsive Hugger

First name: Fady
Likes received: 75

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Odd Squad

Unread postby Influp » 14th February, 2018, 5:06 am

Man.. I don't know what I'll do without seeing you on a regular basis now.. You are such a great friend and it'll be sad not seeing you as much.

Love ya man <3
King penguin has
arrived o/
Influp
Where's the leak ma'am?

First name: Ben
Likes received: 53

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Recently active