How Often to Do You Think About Injustice Against Gays

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

How Often to Do You Think About Injustice Against Gays

Unread postby Adyuto » 1st March, 2018, 4:40 pm

Having emigrated from a country where homophobia is common, and where sometimes vigilantes kill homosexuals, I think about people who were not as fortunate as I am to leave such toxic environments. How often, or what do you, think of about injustices against gay people around the world?
Adyuto
Mafia A Rank

Likes received: 56

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Mafia A Rank

Re: How Often to Do You Think About Injustice Against Gays

Unread postby Gavin » 1st March, 2018, 4:48 pm

Adyuto wrote:Having emigrated from a country where homophobia is common, and where sometimes vigilantes kill homosexuals, I think about people who were not as fortunate as I am to leave such toxic environments. How often, or what do you, think of about injustices against gay people around the world?

mostly during history or geography class when this subject rises, and whenever we make the news. and ofc the injustice is bs, actually was disgusted by germany and australia for accepting gay marriage so late, crazy world

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

First name: Gavin
Likes received: 200

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Amadeus » 1st March, 2018, 7:32 pm

The United States is homophobic.
KUK
Amadeus
Go Gay Or Go Home

First name: Amadeus
Likes received: 16

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Lochlan » 1st March, 2018, 7:34 pm

I unfortunately, as I expect many do, don't think about those of us in less accepting places in the world nearly as often as I should. I usually only think of it when it affects me, which is terrible, but human nature in a way.
Lochlan
BOT Hunter

First name: Lochlan
Likes received: 294

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Team: Nerd Herd

Unread postby Dolly » 1st March, 2018, 8:48 pm

I don't because there isn't anything I can do.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 855

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby GradymaybeGaydy » 7th March, 2018, 6:38 am

I don’t because their is no injustice against gays expect Russia.
GradymaybeGaydy

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Gavin » 7th March, 2018, 6:50 am

GradymaybeGaydy wrote:I don’t because their is no injustice against gays expect Russia.

riiiiiight

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby KrisCross » 7th March, 2018, 7:35 am

Gavin wrote:
GradymaybeGaydy wrote:I don’t because their is no injustice against gays expect Russia.

riiiiiight

Learn your geography Gavin!

KrisCross
Belgian Daddy

Likes received: 430

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Gavin » 7th March, 2018, 9:45 am

KrisCross wrote:
Gavin wrote:

riiiiiight

wait isnt the bottom of america also russia? and the top part?

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 7th March, 2018, 3:13 pm

Gavin wrote:
KrisCross wrote:
Gavin wrote:

riiiiiight

wait isnt the bottom of america also russia? and the top part?

At least half of the Antarctic is free from homophobia
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 703

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 7th March, 2018, 3:17 pm

But in all seriousness, living my whole life in a country where homosexuality isn't illegal but definitely not expected and frowned upon greatly, I have to struggle with that on a day to day basis. I, as well as a number of people I know, have experienced some form of prejudice against homosexuality. The thing here is, as Jan put it very well a few weeks ago in the chat - "In the media and culture people just pretend that we don't exist, and when they do notice us, it's in most cases in the negative way."
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 703

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dessy » 7th March, 2018, 3:32 pm

Every other day at least? I mean I may be in AMERICA but I still witness issues on a weekly basic. Of course when looking at the Russia or Africa, I just get disgusted every time so I try not to give myself a headache over it.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes

First name: Des
Likes received: 357

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby btxtt » 14th March, 2018, 5:36 pm

I came to think about this today actually. Now, as I am currently in the Finnish defence forces undergoing service, I haven't bothered keeping anything identity-wise to myself and pretty much everyone around me here is aware of what and who I am. Now while it was (surprisingly) easy for me to come out in such a place like the military where homosexuality often tends to be a taboo of sorts, I came to realize I'm not necessarily in the same boat with fellow non-heterosexual conscripts; some really struggle with it.

Now, along with being a medic I also got another task; I'm the work-, study- and social work agent of the brigade, working with folks like social curators and priests, so basically my job is to help conscripts of different backgrounds with their civil life issues as well as just about anything related to service. With strict obligation of confidentiality, I'm also sort of a support person people can come talk to when something's troubling 'em. The goal of this task is to ensure better overall wellbeing of conscripts, as well as screening mental issues that might endanger safety of service (and, unfortunately, someone's gotta be there to report possible self-harming and suicidal thoughts of conscripts, and that's me. Don't want to be there cleaning up bits of brains off the shooting range when some troubled recruit goes and fed up with everything, ends themselves.)

Anywho, back to the point here. As I haven't bothered staying in closet while in the military, another soldier came to me at the cafeteria today and asked if he could sit down with me and talk, so I was like yeah, let's talk. He wanted to open up to someone about troubles he'd faced with sexual identity issues and pressure caused by said issues in a conservative family, not to mention poor self-esteem he'd developed over the years when being all alone with everything that's been dragging him down. Told him he could hit me up at any time to talk if the burden ever would build up too heavy and he just said thank you for being there. Said I'm setting an example, which sort of makes me feel better about myself, hoping I could actually help someone, but also it made me think. Some folks struggle most, or all, of their life, afraid of being rejected or worse, by people around them. Family, peers in school and work, etc. Many of us have been there sometime, often teenagers whom still try to figure their identity and whatnot. And for many, it's a burden they cannot share.

And no, I never expected to become some sort of a significant LGTB-figure in the military lol. But if it really can help (and I surely hope I could help more people with issues like this) it gives it some actual value instead of just portraying me only as a gay person and not an individual whose identify and persona only partially consists of this said factor. That we're more than just gays, but nothing more than just human beings like everyone else. Hope this text is clear enough, I've only slept some 2 hours in the last 30 hours or so and I'm probably not functioning at full capacity at the moment :D
btxtt

First name: Leevi
Likes received: 6

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active