Hello from Italy!

All introductions go in here; established members are kindly asked to be as courteous as their minds allow them to be.

Hello from Italy!

Unread postby Geographer » 3rd March, 2018, 9:05 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Italian, and I'm 19. Well, to be honest...I'm almost 20, in a month. And this makes me so sad, LOL. It's like I'm going to be old, and I don't like that at all!
Anyway, I'll try to introduce me. I'm a law student, and my dream is to become a business/corporate lawyer and work all over the world, maybe working for an important law firm. My dad is a doctor, so I've always dreamed about becoming a doctor and working in a hospital like him, but then I decided that law was the best thing for me (and also, I like so much the tv serie "Suits", don't know if anybody knows it!). Maybe some Americans will be confuse, but here in Europe you can directly apply for law or medical school after high school (while I know that instead, in America, you first need a bachelor's degree).
I think that my English is pretty good, because during high school I did an exchange year in the United States, living in Michigan. Sometimes I still hear on FaceTime my American host family.
I come from a small town in Italy, which is horribly boring, but fortunately now I live in a big city, in which I go to law school.
In my free time I like going to the gym, playing soccer with friends, I really like technology and stuff like that.
I'm homosexual, but very few people knows that - just other guys that are homosexual like me. I still didn't tell it to my friends, at least for now. But, I wouldn't have problems to tell them: as I said, now I live in a big city and I live no more with my parents, so it's easier. The fact is that I don't like either to talk about my personal facts with the others, just that.
I'm atheist (despite living in the country in which the pope lives!), but I have respect for all the religions.
I chose the nickname "Geographer" because I really like geography, but I know that for many it's a very boring subject, LOL.
I really hope to make here some friends, especially from other countries, because finding somebody to just have a talk!
Thank you for your attention,
Geographer
PS: I'm getting crazy in this website because I can't put an avatar!
Geographer

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Hello from Italy!

Unread postby Petre » 3rd March, 2018, 9:21 pm

Well, um, hi, Geographer? You never really put a name. It's quite late in Italy, and it says you're online, so maybe you should sleep.

Anyway, isn't Michigan just totally amazing? I mean, maybe I'm biased because I've lived in Michigan my whole life, but that's not important :P .

Anyhow, welcome to the community! Hope you stick around <3
Henry Clay compromised the being of the United States.
"The most towny, the most helpful, the best cooperative scum" (Kaspar, Mafia XXXIII): Image
Petre
Mafia A Rank

First name: Peter
Likes received: 163

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Team: Nerd Herd

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 3rd March, 2018, 9:59 pm

Welcome to the forum, Geographer :D
I am very familiar with the show suits as my sister and her boyfriend really enjoyed watching it.
Glad to have you here, and feel free to join the discord and chat with us anytime :D

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 3rd March, 2018, 10:52 pm

howdy :)
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 855

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Adyuto » 4th March, 2018, 1:13 am

Hey Geographer. I'm happy to hear that you're pursuing something that you love. I've heard of Suits - and I'm pretty sure a majority of our British population has, considering an actress from the show is going to be their newest princess - but I'm more familiar with the show called The Good Wife. Believe it or not, we actually have a thread where some people drew and posted pictures of fictional maps, so you may enjoy that. I hope you make yourself at home and have a good time. If you ever need advice, to discuss something important to you, or talk entertainment news, you've found your place.
Adyuto
Mafia A Rank

Likes received: 56

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby ItsMeJack » 4th March, 2018, 12:04 pm

Hi, welcome here!! :keke:
ItsMeJack

Likes received: 35

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Geographer » 4th March, 2018, 3:42 pm

Petre wrote:Well, um, hi, Geographer? You never really put a name. It's quite late in Italy, and it says you're online, so maybe you should sleep.

Anyway, isn't Michigan just totally amazing? I mean, maybe I'm biased because I've lived in Michigan my whole life, but that's not important :P .

Anyhow, welcome to the community! Hope you stick around <3

Hey! Yeah I know, I never put a name, but for privacy reasons, you can just call me "Geographer". Anyway, I wouldn't have problems to say my name in private instead of here in public :)
I really like the United States, but living there for me it was so hard: you always need a car to go anywhere and everything it's so spread out. For a European like me, it was something unbelievable, especially because I was 17 and I wasn't allowed to drive!
Adyuto wrote:I've heard of Suits - and I'm pretty sure a majority of our British population has, considering an actress from the show is going to be their newest princess - but I'm more familiar with the show called The Good Wife. Believe it or not, we actually have a thread where some people drew and posted pictures of fictional maps, so you may enjoy that.

Thank you! Anyway, I've never seen The Good Wife, although I know this tv serie so I should start it!
And thanks to everybody else for the welcome messages!
Geographer

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 4th March, 2018, 3:46 pm

Geographer wrote:[...]
I'm atheist (despite living in the country in which the pope lives!)!

HA! The pope lives in the Vatican :P Checkmate, Atheists

Welcome to the forum anyway :) Do you still need help with the avatar?
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 703

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Geographer » 4th March, 2018, 3:52 pm

Kaspar wrote:
Geographer wrote:[...]
I'm atheist (despite living in the country in which the pope lives!)!

HA! The pope lives in the Vatican :P Checkmate, Atheists

Welcome to the forum anyway :) Do you still need help with the avatar?

Oh...you're right, LOL! Vatican is an other country actually! :D
I'm ok, thank you, I finally found a way to put the avatar :) I found a website that could resize it.
Geographer

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Gavin » 4th March, 2018, 5:31 pm

well for the ones dying for a name; hes italian so its a 80% chance its toni ;)

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

First name: Gavin
Likes received: 200

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby TheHalfrican » 4th March, 2018, 6:41 pm

Gavin wrote:well for the ones dying for a name; hes italian so its a 80% chance its toni ;)

He's Italian not American Italian :english:

Welcome to the forum Geographer. Happy to have you.
TheHalfrican

First name: Jake
Likes received: 7

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Gavin » 5th March, 2018, 1:11 am

TheHalfrican wrote:
Gavin wrote:well for the ones dying for a name; hes italian so its a 80% chance its toni ;)

antonio then?

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

First name: Gavin
Likes received: 200

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Hierax » 5th March, 2018, 11:32 am

Welcome to GTF, man!
ImageImage
Hierax
Flaz├ęda

Likes received: 380

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Geographer » 11th March, 2018, 5:32 pm

Gavin wrote:
TheHalfrican wrote:

antonio then?

TheHalfrican is correct, I've never heard the name Toni here in Italy! LOL. And no, my name is not Antonio, although it's a very common one in Italy too! Anyway, I would be glad to tell you my name in private! :D
Geographer

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active