Crush on a guy, seems mutual at times What do I do?

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Crush on a guy, seems mutual at times What do I do?

Unread postby ANewUserHere » 29th January, 2018, 7:01 pm

I’m posting something here that I also posten om resor since this forum was mentioned.

//

I’ve known a guy for 2 years now and since a year ago I’ve had feelings for him. We have some sort of weird chemistry that I can’t really describe, although we’re not that close I feel like there’s a bond between us, quite often I’ve catched him looking at me from across the room and we’ve just ended up looking into eachothers eyes, at times we’ve ended up a bit close and personal nudging eachother and it has felt sort of neutral and good.

It’s been like this for almost a year now and I have no idea on what to do and think that it’s best to just let go, but I don’t know how I would do that. I’m also socialy akward, and suffer traits of bipolarity and live in a religious homophobic family.

If there’s anything you feel like I’ve left out feel free to ask.

// Sorry for the grammar, English isn’t my native language
ANewUserHere

First name: Jon

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Crush on a guy, seems mutual at times What do I do?

Unread postby trumpsucks » 29th January, 2018, 8:53 pm

Does he know that your gay? DO you know if he is gay?
trumpsucks

Likes received: 1

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby trumpsucks » 29th January, 2018, 9:05 pm

This is if you don't know his orientation...
If you are friends, and not simply staring at each other during class, I would suggest that you bring up the topic of relationships. Ask if a girl catches his eyes. Observe his physical reaction. See if the very thought excites him or is distasteful. Ask his friends if they know if he's dating anyone. If he isn't dating anyone and he doesn't seem excited about dating a girl, consider coming out to him only if you think he won't spread unwanted gossip and isn't homophobic. Odds are, if he is pro Hillary (presuming you're living in the us), he'll at least be understanding. To be in a relationship, you have to take risks, no matter your orientation. If you need encouraging music, try listening to Life of The Party by Shawn Mendez on youtube.

I presume that you wouldn't be posting if you knew that he was straight. If you know that he is gay/bi, or he tells you, consider letting him know that you are too. If he tells you, as opposed to knowing before talking to him, ask if there's a specific reason why he's doing so. This may lead to an answer you want.

In either case, be prepared for the possibility of his not loving you back.
trumpsucks

Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Auralnauts » 30th January, 2018, 11:49 am

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47534

Please read this.

"Gives the best advice"
-No one
Auralnauts
No interesting title here.

Likes received: 12

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Recently active